For the academic year of 2022-2023, Coventry University invites all outstanding local and international students to apply for the Fully-funded Studentship in Free form Heat Transfer. The scholarship wants to support the local and international students who will be commencing their Ph.D. degrees at the university.
The scholarship will award students fully-funded awards that will be covering their tuition fees and bursaries.
Scholarship Project Details
The Center for Fluid and Complex Systems invites applications from a fully-funded Ph.D. student.
To guarantee a sustainable future, we need cleaner, safer, and more efficient building heating solutions. Global demand for space heating and hot water accounts for almost 25% of our final energy consumption, and this demand is mostly met by fossil fuels.
Solar collectors are able to heat the house all year round, without major home modifications, and currently restore the annual heating demand of the house by almost a third. However, they are relatively expensive and suffer from low heat dissipation, incorrect heat distribution, and poor thermal efficiency.
This project aims to use recent advances in the optimization of free-form assistant and additive production techniques to improve the performance of solar collectors for domestic heating. The work program will include the use of other computer fluid dynamics (CFD) methods to create new solar collector designs, and the students will be tasked with experimental testing and evaluation of the manufactured prototypes. The expected result of the project is multi-object optimized designs that will provide improvements to existing commercial solar heaters.
Centre for Fluid and Complex System
The institution’s courses are well designed to serve students. Founded in 1992, the university is now one of the most sophisticated and modern in the United Kingdom.
A modern university with specialized staff and facilities at each of its academic schools, as well as an environment and services designed to help students reach their full potential. Coventry’s reputation for the student experience is built on solid foundations of academic support and student well-being.
The university knows that they have a huge impact on the success of their country. It is therefore responsible for making everything they do positive effects on Coventry. This can be economic, environmental, social, and cultural.
However, the contribution to urban life does not stop with education. It also supports jobs, a leading company, and innovation, pst, encourages deviations, and opens opportunities for everyone. The university is very eager to do more to share the impact of the university with the local communities in Coventry.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants’ Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Eligible courses offered by the university
- Duration: Up to 3 years
- Number of awards: NA
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the scholarship application, interested students must check the eligibility criteria of the scholarship.
- All international and local students are eligible to apply.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree relevant to the subject of the scholarship, minimum mark of 60% in classification of 2:1 or equivalent, must have an equivalent award in an overseas university or institution.
- Applicants must have the potential to participate in new research and complete a doctorate in 3.5 years.
- With minimum knowledge of English (overall minimum IELTS score 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 per component).
- Good knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software (eg STARCCM +, ANSYS, or OpenFoam) is assumed.
- Skills and knowledge in the field of thermofluids and solar energy.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: solar collectors, heat exchangers, optimization, data mining, and additive manufacturing.
- Ready for the construction of test equipment and laboratory experiments.
Before taking the application, students must make sure to read all the entry requirements of the university, it is mandatory to check the eligibility of the studentship to be considered.
Interested applicants must be admitted with a Ph.D. degree at the university, all applications can be done in an online portal provided by the university. Required documentation to support your scholarship application will be required.
- Research Proposal
- Academic Records
- Copy of undergraduate and graduate certificates
- Transcript of records
- Cover letter
- Two academic references
- Passport copy
- Supporting statements outlining your interest and experience relevant to the project must be in 2,000 words.
The applicants must have good communication skills in oral and written English. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered. However, the late applications can be re-apply for the next scholarship opening.
- The successful candidate undergoes comprehensive research training, including technical, professional, and personal skills.
- All Coventry University researchers are part of the Doctoral College and the Center for Research Capability and Development, providing support for high-quality research training and career developments.
- Awards will be fully-funded which will cover the student’s tuition fees and bursaries.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline to complete and submit the scholarship application is until May 5, 2022. The interview date will be announced once the scholarship committee reviews all the short-listed students.
The commencement date will start by September 2022. Awardees must be able to maintain good academic results to continue the awards for up to 3.5 years and must read the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.