A fully-funded Ph.D. Position in Economics, Analytics, and Decision Science is now open for application to all local and international outstanding Ph.D. students for the academic year of 2022-2023. The Ph.D. position is offered by the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca and for the academic year they will be awarding a total of 8 Ph.D. students wh can demonstrate their knowledge and skills to the said project.
If you are one of the students who want to further your doctoral education in one of the prestigious countries and universities, this scholarship position is just right for you. The scholarship is a fully-funded program that aims to motivate students of all nationalities to undertake research in the field of economics and social disciplines with a unique blend of a multidisciplinary approach that will rely on statistics and data science as well as tolls from computer science and psychology.
Economic and Analytic and Decision Science (EADS) students will have the opportunity to complete their research project under the partnership supervision of the universities which also includes Belgium and the Spain University of Alicante.
Scholarship Provider: IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca
About the Provider
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Field: Economics, Analytics, and Decision Science
- Degree Level: Ph.D. degree
- Duration: 4 Years
- Commencement Date: November 2022
- Full-time Position
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: Tuscany, Italy
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To proceed with the application process, applicants must read and understand the eligibility criteria and their role in the scholarship project.
- Must be holding a master’s degree equivalent to the field of Management, Law, Economics, Statistic, Engineering, Mathematics, Logic and Philosophy, and other related areas.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English
- Must be able to demonstrate their skills and acquire the economic managerial degree
- Enthusiastic in the critical thinking and research
- Must have an interest in politically relevant issues.
Candidate’s Role in the Position
- First Year: Follow the curriculum in a customized science education program.
- Years 2 and 3: Participate in research (both Lucca and abroad) under the guidance of at least one academic advisor.
- Prepare at least three research papers for your doctoral dissertation.
- Get involved in everyday college and university life, including seminars, conferences, workshops, public relations, and more.
The applications can be made through an online portal provided by the IMT. The application portal system requires the applicants to register and provide all the requested personal data and information. As part of the application process, the candidates are required to submit documents that can support their application process.
The application can be accessed multiple times, keep in mind that upon submitting the application form, there won’t be any changes and corrections allowed, so it is a better idea to read and review the application before submitting it.
To better support the application process, students must submit the following:
- Academic transcript of records
- Reference Letter
- Copy of Passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Proposal
The basic requirements and instructions for the submission will be given after the registration of the applicants, the application can not be submitted after the closing period of the scholarship position. The applicants must select the Ph.D. Position program.
The scholarship position offered by the IMT is one of the competitive scholarships, students are encouraged to complete and submit their application before the deadline period, keep in mind that there will be no application fee for the scholarship.
As one of the highly competitive scholarships, IMT will be offering the following awards for 8 successful students:
- An exciting and multidisciplinary international research environment with ample opportunities for exchange with scientists from related disciplines in international universities
- Work under the supervision of at least one college advisor
- Work in a team with several Ph.D. students, researchers, and other lecturers
- Tailored scientific training program with a wide range of courses, lectures, and seminars by leading researchers
- Mentoring, training, and career development support
- Scholarship maximum duration of up to four years
- Social Security Coverage
- Free Meals all year round at the campus
- Research Funds
- Mobility Funds
- Insurance on liability and Accidents
- The tuition fees will be considered
The successful students are required to read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. The successful applicants will be notified through their registered email and will be invited to an interview for the process of the scholarship awards.
The scholarship committee’s decision will be final and cannot be deferred, the scholarship is nontransferable and the students are required to attend their studies in early November 2022.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 30, 2022. Late applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected.
The applicants can contact the application and admission department for more information regarding the position at email@example.com