The American University in Cairo offers the International Graduate Fellowship to provide fully-funded assistance to exceptional international students who want to pursue their higher education in master’s degree in any of the eligible programs of the university for the academic year of 2023-2024.
The scholarship is a fully-funded award to help international students focus on developing more skills and knowledge and to motivate other international students to pursue their higher education in Egypt. The scholarship requires the students to complete nine credits each semester. The scholarship will be awarded for a maximum duration of five e semesters and on intervening summer sessions with a review every sem for satisfactory academic performance. The scholarship duration may extend to seven-semester fo the Counseling Psychology graduate program.
Scholarship Provider: American University of Cairo
About the Provider
The American University in Cairo was established in 1919 by Americans dedicated to education and administration in the Center East. For its initial 27 years, the University was molded by its establishing president, Charles A. Watson, who wished to make an English-language University in view of elevated expectations of direct and scholarship and to add to the academic development, discipline, and character representing things to come heads of Egypt and the district.
Throughout time, AUC has adjusted areas of strength for to human sciences education with a worry for the district’s requirements for functional applications and expert specializations. Today, AUC emphasizes a sciences education, with all undergraduate students concentrating on a typical arrangement of courses in the humanities and the regular and sociologies as a feature of the University’s Central subjects. Furthermore, AUC keeps up with serious areas of strength for its cultivating grasping across world locales, societies, and religions.
Learning at AUC offers a novel and enhanced experience for students. The university has a different and comprehensive local area, with students from everywhere in the world. The employees are exceptionally qualified and committed to furnishing students with a difficult and invigorating academic climate. The educational plan is intended to be thorough and draw in, with amazing opportunities for students to participate in research, entry-level positions, and other experiential learning exercises.
AUC’s grounds are situated in the heart of Cairo, giving students admittance to the city’s dynamic culture, history, and diversion. The college has current offices, including cutting-edge homerooms, libraries, and research focuses. Generally, learning at AUC can be a fulfilling and satisfying experience, permitting students to acquire an elite education while submerging themselves in a dynamic and socially rich climate.
AUC’s initiative group is comprised of a proficient, various, group of people from everywhere in the world. Initiative at all levels is devoted to establishing a College climate that advances greatness in educating, research, imaginative articulation, and administration.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Any eligible fields offered by the university
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Maximum of seven-semsters
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: Egypt
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Interested applicants must meet the admission requirements of the university.
- Applicants for graduate study must have a licensed bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to fit the bill for full or provisional admission.
- The least Requirements should be met for a graduate studies application to be assessed for admission consideration.
- Additional requirements might apply to rely on the specific admission classification to which the candidate is offered admission. Furthermore, requirements for a given program might vary or be higher, as specified by the concerned division.
- All credentials submitted must be in English, or on the other hand, an authority translation must be connected to the documents initially not issued in English.
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Before proceeding with the application for the scholarship, interested students must meet the following:
- International students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship
- The students must be holding a bachelor’s degree.
- The master’s degree scholarship program is open to all discipline studies.
- Must be able to demonstrate their financial need.
- New graduate students must meet the admission criteria of the university.
- Continuing students who want to maintain the scholarship awards must maintain their GPA of 3.2.
- The American University in Cairo (AUC) admits outstanding graduate students who demonstrate the capacity to do imaginative and unique work. A graduate candidate must have a satisfactory bachelor’s degree, with a record at the necessary level, and perform well on any designated placement test.
The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the university, keep in mind that the online portal requires the applicant’s personal information and other required documents.
As part of the application process the students must be able to provide the following:
- A statement of purpose
- Letter of Motivation
- Updated Resume or CV
- Official academic records
- Transcript of records
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test
- Proof of degree completion
- A clear copy of the valid national ID card
- Passport size photo
The scholarship will be covering a fully-funded award for the successful students:
- Tuition fees
- Student’s activities and services fees
- Medical and health insurance
- Accommodation or monthly housing allowance
- May also cover the remedial for the English language requirements
Successful students must follow the responsibilities of the scholarship to maintain the awards.
- 12 hours per week of related academic work
- The students must be able to maintain their full-time status at the university
- GPA of 3.2
- Teaching assistantship mandatory training
Scholarship Deadline for Application
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until October 15, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for evaluation and will be automatically rejected.