Do you wish to pursue your higher education in the beautiful country of Ireland?
Calling all international students who want to pursue their higher education in Ireland to apply for the International Education Scholarship by the Government of Ireland. The International Education Scholarship is intended for the masters and Ph.D. degrees for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship field for the scholarship will be depending on the eligible universities’ offering courses.
The Higher Education Authority or known as HEA issued the International Education Scholarship by the Government of Ireland 2023, the scholarship will provide a fully-funded award in one year for successful students. Over 60 scholarships will be offered for the students who have an offer of a place in an eligible Irish Higher education university.
Scholarship Provider: The Higher Education Authority
About the Provider
A high-performing higher education system is a fundamental necessity in the development of imaginative, pioneering individuals and the formation of new information to help economic, social, and cultural development. The HEA drives the essential development of the Irish higher education and research system with the target of making an intelligible system of different establishments with unmistakable missions, which is receptive to the social, cultural, and economic development of Ireland and its kin and supports the accomplishment of public goals.
The HEA has a legal obligation, at the focal government level, for the successful administration and guidelines of higher education establishments and the higher education system. HEA make sure that they have due regard to academic freedom and institutional autonomy, strategic objectives, and strategies.
Goals length the improvement of education and learning, the advancement of the value of admittance to higher education, the upgrade of foundations’ responsiveness to the necessities of a more extensive society, research limit building, and the internationalization of Irish higher education. The HEA leads in fostering the proof base which supports vital preparation and methodology execution at the institutional, provincial, and public levels.
The HEA is responsible to the Minister for Education and Abilities, through its Specialization, for the accomplishment of public results for the higher education area. the HEA has directed a help-level concurrence with the DES. Taken generally speaking, the HEA practices a centre for oversight jobs in the higher education system and is the lead organization in the production of a coordinated system of higher education establishments with clear and different jobs fitting to their assets and public requirements.
HEA goes about as an impetus for change in the higher education system, requiring higher degrees of execution while showing a suitable degree of responsibility, predictable with institutional independence and scholastic opportunity.
Eligible University/Institution for the International Education Scholarship 2023
Here is the list of the eligible institution or universities for the scholarship:
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- American College Dublin
- CCT College Dublin
- Dublin Business School
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College Dublin
- ICD Business School Dublin
- Independent College Dublin
- Institute of Technology Carlow
- Institute of Technology Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Degree Level: Master’s and Ph.D. degree
- Fields: Any eligible fields
- Number of Awards: 60
- Duration: One year
- Scholarship Country: Ireland
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested candidates must meet the following basic eligibility of the scholarship program:
- The applicants must be international students.
- Must have been holding an offer of a place in a full-time course at any of the eligible institutions or universities in Ireland in higher education.
- For the master’s degree applicants, the students must be in the last or final year of their undergraduate degree.
- Must have one year of a master’s degree program
- One year of the research program
- The scholarship will accept any study discipline.
The candidates must also demonstrate the following:
- The candidates must have a good record of academic achievements
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English
- The candidates must have proof of participation in extra curriculum activities, for example, sports activities, art activities, humanitarian activities, and political wither local or international.
- Solid reasoning for seeking after their concentration in Ireland shows how a GOI-IES lines up with their more extended-term objectives.
The application can be completed in an online portal provided by The Higher Education Authority (HEA).
- The application must be completed in an online portal, interested applicants must sign-up and will be prompted to enter their email address and new password for the portal. Once completed the application will be redirected to the application portal.
- The application started on December 14, 2022, and it is still accepting applicants until the deadline.
- Keep in mind that the application must be completed in the English Language.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected.
The Government of Ireland will be providing the following awards for successful students:
- A stipend amounting to up to €10,000 in one year of the scholarship program.
- A full fee covers the successful student’s tuition fee and registration fees at higher education institutions.
- The scholars must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship awards.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 24, 2023. The Higher Education Authority will notify the applicants of their evaluation results by June 1, 2023.