The king’s College and Imperial College London in partnership with the UKRI Centre has opened its scholarship program intended for the international students who will be commencing their higher degree for the academic year of 2022-2023.
Over twelve fully-funded program will be available to all eligible international and local students who will be admitted in a PhD degree at the university.
The UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Safe and Trusted Artificial Intelligence
The UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) in Safe and Trusted Artificial Intelligence aim,s to bring the world together with the leading professionals and experts to train the next young generations of researchers in the method of the safe and trusted AI.
Artificial intelligence technology is becoming increasingly common in this modern world and has the potential to fundamentally change and differ all aspects of our daily lives. While there is great interest in implementing AI in existing and new applications, serious concerns remain about the security and reliability of today’s AI technologies. All the concerns are well rounded, in some application areas like autonomous cars or vehicles, image recognitions and other factors, there are now many indications that current artificial intelligence systems could be dangerous due to the lack of certainty about their behavior.
Even in areas where AI methods operate with a high standard of accuracy, challenges remain. AI solutions are often not explained to users, do not always seem to conform to social norms and conventions, can be affected by biases in their data or algorithms, and sometimes even cannot be understood by their engineers.
CDT’s main goal is to train the first generation of artificial intelligence scientists and engineers in methods for safe and reliable AI. An artificial intelligence system is considered secure when we can trust the correctness of its behavior and is considered trustworthy when the average user can trust the system and make decisions.
Why choose King College London?
The university is one of the internationally renowned university that delivers high quality education and one of the world leading research institute. The Kings’s College Longdon is dedicated to drive a positive and sustainable change and developments to the community and its society and realizing that their main goal is to make the world a better place.
Educating the young generation is their main goal to achieve a better leaders that can contribute not only to their community but also for their home country.
- Academic Year: 2022-203
- Applicants Nationality: Local and International students
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications and Robotics.
- Duration: 4 years
- Number of Awards: 12
- Scholarship Awards: Fully funded and monthly stipend
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Offered annually: Yes
- Applicants are generally expected to have an honors degree at MSc level (or equivalent) in computer science or other related discipline. However, in exceptional cases, the university may consider other qualifications (also at Bachelor level) and all applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Applications from individuals with unusual backgrounds are welcomed, as are applications from women, people with disabilities, and the Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority (BAME) community who are currently under-represented. All applicants must demonstrate enthusiasm and skills for the program.
- Applicants do not need to complete their current education before applying. If candidates have not completed their current degree, each offer may be contingent on possible degree classifications.
- Applicants must have a good knowledge of English and be able to use it in an academic environment. Therefore, those without an English language education are usually required to provide an evidence of English language proficiency before starting their application and education at the university.
English Language Requirements
The interested applicants must provide the following English test score required by the university:
- IELTS score of 6.5 minimum of 6.0
- TOEFL iBT score of 92 withj minimum of 23 in writing and 20 in other skills
An equivalent English language qualification may also be considered.
Applicants can now start their application for the October 2022 entry. It is important that before starting your application, you must check the fees and fundings of the scholarship and the entry requirements to be considered.
The Kings’ College London will be provideing the online portal application system which the students are required to complete and submit the required documents to support their applications.
- Research proposal
- Personal Statements
- Project approval forms
- Official transcript of records
- Academic references must be at least two
- English proficiency test score
The successful students will be awarded a fully funded tuition fee and a monthly stipend.
The university will also provide the students laptop for the duration of their studies at the university.
The scholarship program will be offering a unique 4 years PhD program that focuses on using model-driven AI techniques to ensure the security and reliability of artificial intelligence systems. Model-based artificial intelligence techniques provide an explicit language for presenting, analyzing, and justifying systems and their behavior.
Students will participate in various training activities like:
- Technical training in safe and reliable AI system
- AI Philosophy
- AI ethics
- Training in entrepreneurial thinking
The activities will be along with their respective doctoral projects to ensure that they are not only up to date trained in advanced artificial intelligence techniques, but also gain an in-depth understanding of the social, ethical andimplementation of AI in the research field and with the industry.
Working with STAI CDT’s diverse industry partners, students will be exposed to a wide range of experiences, challenges and technical issues associated with startups and large corporations. Students will be trained as safe and trusted AI experts, able to seriously and deeply consider the implications of artificial intelligence systems, recognize them as an important part of the AI development processing, and be equipped to meet the demands of industrial organizations and the public sector.
For the October 2022 entry the deadline for completion of the application is until April 11, 2022. All successful students will be notified by June 2022.