For the academic year of 2022-2023, American University in Cairo offers fully-funded scholarships for international students who will be commencing their masters or Ph.D. degree in Egypt. The fellowship is one of the prestigious awards to encourage deserving outstanding students to further their education and be more prepared with their career development and future goal.
The American University of Cairo has two categories of scholarships: institutional and sponsored. Institutional scholarships are funded by universities, while sponsored scholarships come from private donations and donors.
The fellowship offered by the university is a competitive award. They are open to freshmen and may also be available to graduate students who demonstrate excellence in their academic endeavors, subject to the availability of funds allocated for the fellowship award.
Both types of fellowship or scholarships recognize high-performing candidates, the university takes financial needs and academic merit into account. Preference will be given to those wishing to continue their full-time studies in a master’s and Ph.D. program at AUC.
Scholarship Provider: The American University in Cairo
About the Provider
Over 6,000 students were admitted at the university with the partnership with different countries worldwide, the American University in Cairo located in Egypt is a state-of-the-art campus and brings higher education to every local and international student. The university aims to provide a quality education that will develop the countries top students and leaders to give contributions to the communities and their home countries.
100 years in service, the university honors the past and always looking forward to the future in a sustainable way of delivering high-quality education. Offering scholarships and financial support to every student as part of their way to help the local and international students to fulfill their education and goals.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: International Students
- Degree Level: Master and Ph.D. students
- Course: All eligible courses offered by the University
- Duration: Per semester
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Country of Scholarship: Egypt
Before proceeding to the application for the fellowship, interested students must check the eligibility requirements of the university.
- All international students are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
- Priorities for the application will be given automatically to those international students who are already admitted to an eligible graduate program at the university.
- The international students admitted to remedial English Language requirements will be accepted.
- External and Institutional fellowship may cover English language proficiency unless otherwise stated in the list of specific scholarships.
- GPA score of 3.2 or above will be required for the ongoing and retaining graduate students
- The students who are admitted temporarily on the condition that they achieve certain grades in one or more courses of study to complete the program may be awarded a scholarship.
- Temporarily admitted students to an initial undergraduate degree program are NOT eligible for scholarship funds.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s diploma for the graduate students.
- Must be holding a graduate diploma for the Ph.D. students.
To continue with the application process, interested students must be able to create an account to log in on the online portal provided by the university.
- International students must complete the graduate application on the banner self-service and must be able to submit or upload all the necessary requirements for the application.
- Upon creating log-in information on the application portal,s students must save their username and password upon signing in to the portal.
Keep in mind that the system won’t allow the application for the fellowship unless you have a graduate admission record at the university. The graduate admission records will allow students to receive their student ID number and must wait for the next 7 days to start the online fellowship application portal process.
Students may contact [email protected] for any technical issue that occurs during the application process.
For the continuing graduate students at the American University in Cairo, if you already have access to the Banner Self-Service account, it is required to complete and proceed with the applications and check the eligibility of the fellowship program.
Fellowship Selection Process
The fellowship selection committee will be the one to conduct the fellowship awards. All applications and documents that have been submitted to the application portal will be reviewed thoroughly. The committee will be considering the student’s demands for the fellowship, academic excellence, and individual circumstances.
The fellowship will be covering full tuition fees per semester in nine credits or partial tuition fee coverage for the eight credits for the deserving international students. The fellowship may also cover the following:
- Health Insurance
- Monthly stipend
- Transportation services
- and an opportunity to attend the research
Other awards for the fellowship wil be the case to a case basis, the renewal of the tuition fee awards will be per semester, it will be automatic or not guaranteed by the university.
The fellowship will be awarded per semester, students can reapply for the fellowship awards to be continued and must be able to demonstrate academic merit and financial needs. The fellowship program may not be available during the winter and summer sessions. It is important to check the duration of the awards and the terms and conditions of the fellowship.
Several externally funded grants provide support for English language improvement courses.
Terms and Condition
The students must read and agreed to the terms and conditions apply for the fellowship.
- The students are required to respond to the report request that may include their academic performance results and photos to be uploaded.
- Students must be able to attend the orientation of the events and any conferences that include the donor of the fellowship.
- Be informed of the financial support and fellowship details.
Deadline for Application
The admission must be done at least two weeks before the deadline of application for the fellowship program. The deadline for the application will be until:
- April 15, 2022, for fall 2022
- October 15, 2022, for Spring 2023
The international students found to have violated academic integrity are automatically ineligible for scholarship support. All incomplete applications will not be considered and will be declined by the committee.