To help the students living in the ADB borrowing member countries, The Asian Development Bank offers a fully-funded scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023 for the students who will pursue their higher education ineligible list of universities in 9 countries.
The scholarship is one of the prestigious and competitive scholarships that can help every successful student pursue their education and achieve their life ambitions, whether it’s a business or career goal.
Scholarship Provider: The Asian Development Bank
About the Provider
The Asian Bank Development is committed to creating a prosperous, resilient, inclusive, sustainable Asia and Pacific while continuing its efforts to eliminate extreme poverty. It supports its partners and members by providing scholarships, financial assistance, loans, technical assistance, and capital investments to promote social and economic development.
The company maximizes the impact of the developments of their assistance by facilitating policy dialogue, mobilizing the finance, and providing advisory services mobilizing finance by co-financing operations using official, commercial, and export credit sources.
ADB was founded in the early 1960s as an Asian financial institution designed to promote economic growth and cooperation in one of the world’s poorest regions.
A resolution adopted in 1963 at the First Ministerial Conference on Asian Economic Cooperation convened by the United Nations Economic Commission for Asia and the Far East launched this vision into reality. The capital city of the Philippines, Manila, was chosen to host the institution with 31 members who gathered to serve the agricultural predominantly regions on December 19, 1966, by Takashi Watanabe who was the first president of The Asian Development Bank.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: ADB Largest Borrowing Member Countries
- Scholarship Award: Fully-funded
- Degree Level: Masters Degree
- Field: Science and Technology, Economics, Business and Management, International Developments, Law and Public Policy.
- Scholarship Country: Philippines
- University: Eligible University located in 9 countries.
- Duration: 2 years
- Numbers of Awards: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before processing the application, the students must meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- The students must be a citizen of the ADB borrowing member country.
- Should not be a dual citizen on the eligible countries.
- Have gained their admission on the master’s degree at any of the eligible institutions or universities approved by the Asian Development Bank.
- The applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree or equivalent to the superior academics records
- Must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience during the time of application.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Age must not be 35 years old at the time of the scholarship application, but depending on an exceptional case that can express an endorsement in Japan Government.
- Must be in good health.
- Applicants must agree to return to their home country for at least 2 years upon completion of the study program under the scholarship to be able to contribute to their home country’s developments.
- Must not be staff of the Asian Development Bank and not family related to any other staff at the ADB.
- Not employed in ADB-JSP-designated university or institution.
- The students must not be living or working in a country or abroad unless it is their home country.
- Applicants must not be admitted or enrolled in any other university, College or Institutions.
List of Eligible Designated Academic Institution for the Scholarship
Before proceeding to the application process, the applicants must review the list of the institution that is eligible to pursue their higher education through the help of the Asian Development Bank Scholarship.
- Hongkong and China – The Univeristy of Hongkong
- India– Indian Institute of Technology in Delhi
- Japan– Hitotsubashi University
International University of Japan
Graduate School of International Management
Graduate School of Economics
Graduate School of System Design and Management
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
Tokyo Institute of Technology
- New Zealand- The University of Auckland
- Pakistan- Lahore University of Management Sciences
- Philippines- Asian Institute of Management
International Rice Research Institute/University of the Philippines Los Banos
- Singapore- National University of Singapore
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
- Thailand- Asian Technology Institute
- USA- East-West Center
- The students must request information for scholarship applications forms at the chosen institution listed above.
- The interested applicants must be able to complete the required documents for the scholarship application and must include the ADB-JSP information sheets.
- The applicants must be able to submit the required documents to any chosen partnered institutions.
- The partnered institution of the Asian Development Banks will be the one to review and decide the admission of the applicants.
- The partner institution will be sending the list of the shortlisted students to the Asian Development Bank.
- The ADB will be reviewing all the lists of submitted shortlisted applicants from the institutions.
- The ADB will recommend the award based on the selection criteria of the Directors approval Japanese Executives.
- The Asian Development Bank will be selecting the scholars and will be the one to inform the institution.
- The institution will be the one to announce the successful scholars.
The interested applicants are required to submit the following:
- The latest ITR or certificate of monthly salary or any of two will be available for the applicants.
- Certificate of family income.
- Application Forms
- Academic records
Other Important Application Note
- Only applicants who have been nominated and approved by an academic institution are eligible for ADB scholarships.
- ADB-JSP does not cover the costs of the family’s extracurricular courses or training; additional travel during studies; additional costs associated with additional course materials, field trips, or participation in seminars, workshops, or internships during your stay at the academic institution or the purchase of teaching equipment such as computers.
- Filling in the application form or acceptance by an academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for the scholarship. Therefore, you should not take any action regarding your current job or otherwise until you are notified by the institution that you have received the scholarship.
The Asian Development Bank will be providing the following awards to successful students:
- Full tuition fee cover
- Monthly allowance
- Books and other materials needed for school
- Medical Insurance
- Travel Expenses
For the successful students who are engaged in a research project or in the thesis preparations, in special circumstances, ADB will be covering the other related educational fees needed for the scholars.
The deadline to complete the application is until March 31, 2022, for the August 2022 fall semester.