The European and International Cooperation Scholarships offered by the Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation are now open for application and encourage all students admitted to a Master’s degree program or equivalent program in Germany to start their application for the academic year of 2023-2024.
About the Scholarship
Konrad Adenauer is the establishing Chancellor of the Government Republic of Germany. The foundational approaches set during his term as Chancellor (1949-1963) are as yet molding the inside structure and international strategy of the Government Republic of Germany today.
The scholarship program duration for successful students is up to two years and undergraduate and doctoral degree students are not eligible to apply for the scholarship awards. The scholarship aims to develop the skills and knowledge of the Master’s degree students to achieve their personal and career development, by doing this they are offering a full-funded scholarship award to cover the student’s tuition fee, accommodation, travel, and living expenses.
A fully-funded award may help the students to focus on their education journey and develop leaders that can motivate and help the communities. Priorities will be given to the students who are enrolled in an eligible field such as:
- Social Science
- and other related fields
The European and international cooperation endeavors work for individuals to have the option to carry on with self-decided lives with opportunity and dignity. The foundation makes a commitment supported by values to assisting Germany with meeting its developing liabilities all through the world.
Scholarship Provider: Konrad-Adenauer-Foundation
About the Provider
Opportunity, equity, and solidarity are the essential standards hidden crafted by the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS). The KAS is a political foundation, firmly connected with the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU). As a fellow benefactor of the CDU and the principal Chancellor of the Government Republic of Germany, Konrad Adenauer (1876-1967) joined Christian-social, moderate and liberal practices.
His name is inseparable from the democratic remaking of Germany, the firm arrangement of international strategy with the overseas local area of values, the vision of a bound together Europe, and a direction towards the social market economy. His intellectual heritage keeps on serving both as the foundation mission as well as their commitment today.
They make an exceptional commitment to the advancement of democracy system, law and order, and a social market economy. To cultivate harmony and opportunity the foundation empowers a constant discourse at the public and international levels as well as the trade among societies and religions.
KAS has been working in Cambodia starting around 1994, endeavoring to help the Cambodian public by encouraging exchange, building organizations, and upgrading logical ventures. Consequently, the foundation pursues establishing a climate helpful for monetary and social developments. All projects are considered and executed in close cooperation with the Cambodian accomplices on focal and sub-public levels.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Cambodia
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Journalism, History, Social Science, Socio-economics, and other related fields.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Maximum of two years
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: Germany
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be admitted to eligible courses for the scholarship program.
- Applicants must be active in a political and social context.
- The applicants must also present excellent academic results of 80 percent or above.
- The applicants must be at the age of up to 35 years old at the time of the application.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English or German language for the study program. Being knowledgeable in the German language is an advantage.
The application can be submitted via email to [email protected]
It is important to check the eligibility requirements. To submit the application through email, it is important to read the following guidelines:
- Subject: Application Scholarship and Name of the Applicant
- All required documents must be submitted in a PDF format and in English or German language only.
- The documents must be named using the following format: First Name_Last Name_Name of the document
The Cambodia Country Office of Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung will only be considering applicants from Cambodian students only. Interested international students must check their home country headquarters office of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung for scholarship opportunity information.
As part of the application process, the candidates must submit the following in order to support their scholarship application.
- Admission letter to a public university in Germany
- Completed application form, the application form can be downloaded at the official website of the provider.
- A CV must be in tabular form
- Letter of motivations- Description of the intended field or program, explaining the connection of the chosen study program to the foundation and reflection on the applicant’s career goals.
- A certified true copy of the undergraduate degree diploma
- Two letters of motivation
- Mandatory copy of the detailed information about the durations, costs, and commencement period of the study program.
- Health Certificates
The scholarship will be covering the following:
- Tuition fees
- Health Insurance
- Basic living cost
- travel expenses
The successful students must meet the criteria of the scholarship during the program to be able to maintain the scholarship for up to two years. Scholars are also required to read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
Successful candidates will likely participate in promotional events or other related activities to the program.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until July 1, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered, however, the scholarship will be offered annually.