Emory awards merit-based scholarships ranging from a percentage of the total cost to the full cost of attendance as part of the Emory University Scholar Programs. Scholarship programs entail more than just providing financial aid based on academic performance. By offering resources and support, they help students develop to their fullest potential, increasing the university’s, Atlanta’s, and the world’s benefit.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Emory University, a prestigious private institution of higher learning, was founded in 1836. It is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and is the second oldest institution in the country. Among the oldest institutions in the United States, this places it in the top 50. In 1917, the university launched a medical school that would become famous as the Emory Unit. During its formative years, it was a school that barred female students from enrolling. In 1953, nevertheless, the institution underwent a transformation that made it open to female students as well. In 2005, the EU bestowed upon a worthy student a medal that has since become universally recognized as the highest distinction for academic accomplishment at the institution. During this historical period, several of the most prestigious research institutes in the world were founded as well, including the Centre for Cancer Research, the Centre for Scientific Research, the Centre for Biomedical Research, and the Centre for Vaccine Research. Multiple academic institutions called the building home in the twenty first century.
The university’s main campus is located in Atlanta, Georgia on more than 600 acres in the historic suburb of Druid Hills. Druid Hills, a residential area with a park-like atmosphere, was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted, a well-known landscape architect. The region is completely overgrown with vegetation, and there are thick groves of oak and maple trees all over. This inventory is made up of the Energy and Environmental Design in the United States, one of the most comprehensive inventories in the world. Additionally, the area is home to a lot of high-quality antique items that cannot be found anywhere else in the country. Within the confines of the freshman dorms at the university are a variety of research centers. The pupils really benefit from the calm environment that permeates the school grounds. It has everything the kids could need, including all the comforts they could want. In addition, the school is conveniently located near a broad selection of eateries, cafes, department stores, and other businesses that cater to the students’ basic needs.
The university provides instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. About 8,079 students are enrolled in the undergraduate program, while about 7,372 are enrolled in the graduate program. The majority of applicants have been attracted to the university throughout its history. The ACE, the AAU, the ORAU, the NAICU, the SACS, and the IAMSCU are just some of the organizations working together on this. Emory University’s nine individual schools and colleges each offer a diverse curriculum from which students can select. School of Law, School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Public Health, School of Theology, and School of Technology are just a few of the many schools that make up this university. The university is also one of four recognized centers for tuberculosis research through the Tuberculosis Research Units Program. The university is now clearly identified as a member of the program thanks to this designation. The library at this university has more than 1.5 million electronic volumes and more than 3.9 million print publications.
Emory University has produced many notable individuals, such as the 35th Vice President of the United States, Alben Barkley; the Director of the Rockefeller Institute, Thomas Milton Rivers; the legendary golfer Bobby Jones; the legendary NASA astronaut Sonny Carter; the founder of the fashion house Kenneth Cole; the 8th President of South Korea, Kim Dae-Jung; the guitarist for the band REM, Peter Buck; and Fala Chen. Emory University alumnae who have gone on to become actresses are featured below.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Emory University
Scholarship Country: United States
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship may cover some or all of the student’s expenses.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- All qualified students from any country can apply to the scholar programs.
- There are three different admissions programs available to those looking to study at Emory University.
- Selection for merit-based scholar programs is handled by the Admissions Office in consultation with distinguished faculty members.
- Between eight thousand and ten thousand students apply to be Scholars each year. From that pool, between 175 and 200 students will be named Scholar Finalists. All finalists are required to attend a Finalists Visit on campus in the spring as part of the Scholars program. All of the finalists’ travel and lodging expenses will be paid for by the institution.
- The tour, which spans multiple days, will include a variety of activities and interviews designed to familiarize the candidates with Emory University and the exceptional possibilities accessible to them here.
- Even if they don’t make it to the final round of a program’s application process, all applicants will have their applications reviewed thoroughly in accordance with the application plan they’ve chosen, and they’ll also be evaluated for a number of minor merit-based awards.
- Scholarships are awarded through a separate process from that of distributing aid funds. Academic scholarships are awarded before any other financial aid forms when a student is eligible for both. Students who have applied for financial help and received less than their full demonstrated need in merit scholarships may be eligible for need-based grants and loans.
The Emory University 2023 Scholarship Program is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programmes offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- If you want to be considered for any of the scholar programs, you must apply by November 15 and select one of the three admission decision plans (Early Decision I, Early Decision II, or Regular Decision). With Early Decision I, prospective students have the earliest possible admissions decision. (Early Decision I applications will be accepted until November 1.)
- You must also answer “yes” to the application’s “Do you wish to be considered for merit scholarships?” question.
The application deadline for the Emory University 2023 Scholarship Program is November 1, 2023.
Applicants should note that this scholarship is renewable every year and prospective candidates can always apply again. However, the deadline is subject to subsequent changes each year.