The University of Swansea invites all local and international women to apply for the Eira Davis Scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024. An opportunity to provide assistance to empower women and to give solutions to the equality, and development of knowledge and skill.
Eira Francis Davies
Eira Francis Davies was born on March 17, 1925, a philanthropist and social activist who won for the rights of women and children. Eira figured out the worth and the power of education; particularly to ladies from nations whose financial, social, and cultural foundation could introduce moves and boundaries to the acknowledgment of their true capacity. As an independent woman, in 2012 Eira enriched a critical asset to Swansea University with the foundation of the scholarship in her name. Her motivation was to assist all women with understanding their true capacity, and in doing so lift both their local area and home country.
About the Scholarship
The scholarship is intended for female students who want to pursue their postgraduate degree at the University of Swansea, aiming to support women who are committed to making a positive impact on the community and on their home country. The scholarship is particularly in the fields that will benefit children, health, women, education, empowerment, and social justice.
Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a fully-funded award that covers the student’s tuition fee, accommodation, and living stipend. The award will also include airfare for the students. Awarded up to three years for the students who can maintain their academic progress during the program. However, the female students must be a citizen of developing countries and will pursue the eligible fields for the postgraduate degree.
The scholarship will begin in September 2023, and the application opens on February 12. Those who will not meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship can apply for other opportunities on International Scholarships offered by the University of Swansea.
Eligible Fields for the Scholarship
- Life Science
List of Accepted Postgraduate Taught Master’s program
- MSc Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry)
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology)
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health
- Cognitive Neuroscience
- Genomic Medicine
- Healthcare Management,
- Health Data Science,
- Health Informatics
- Medical Neuroscience
- Medical Radiation Physics
- Public Health and Health Promotion
- Research Methods in Psychology
Scholarship Provider: University of Swansea
About the Provider
With regard to supporting students, Swansea University makes an honest effort to make all steps imaginable. The on-location and online CampusLife administration are remarkable with agreeable and inviting staff. They can give expert help and guidance in fields of Confidence, People group, Worldwide, Cash, and Government assistance.
With something like 300,000 inhabitants, Swansea isn’t the greatest city this side of the Severn, however, she has a major character! From its modest starting points in the copper business, this little port city has prospered into a lively multicultural focus flaunting metropolitan conveniences in the midst of staggering regular scenes. Whether you like to research and explore the outside, take in a touch of culture, or be in the middle, Swansea has something special for everybody.
By learning at Swansea University you’ll turn out to be important for high-quality research establishments with stupendous desires. Not exclusively will you get exceptional learning and show experience with an unmistakable accentuation on employability but you’ll likewise fall in love with the county!
Swansea University invites students from all over the world. Every one of us is unique, we come from various nations, concentrate on changed courses, and enjoy unmistakable side interests. No matter what our disparities we as a whole track down our space at Swansea. Swansea is home to a flourishing research local area consolidating world-driving research with an inviting, comprehensive, cooperative ethos, and an emphasis on research that has true advantages.
Their postgraduate research office organizes interdisciplinary postgraduate research exercises and provides assistance across the university. The university work to guarantee you have the most ideal student experience by giving admittance to subsidizing and improving valuable Opportunities, giving preparation and assets to help you to foster your expert and research abilities, and supporting student-drove occasions and exercises.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree: Postgraduate
- Field: Life Science, Medicine, and Health
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Duration: Up to three years
- Gender: Women
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the following:
- The applicants must be holding a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Must have a formal offer to study at any of the eligible lists for the postgraduate master’s degree program at the University of Swansea
- Must be a female applicants
- New students to the University of Swanse by September 2023
- Must e able to demonstrate their academic excellence and financial plan
- Must be motivated by their chosen fields
- Must be a citizen of any of the eligible lists of international countries
- Not receive any offer of scholarships or financial support from the University of Swansea
- Not be a progressing student of the university
- The application can be accessed in an online portal provided by the university.
- The application must be completed before submitting
- Keep in mind that only one application per student can be accepted
- As part of the application, additional documents will be required for submission
Eira Francis Davies Scholarship will award successful students with fully-funded awards for up to three years. The successful students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The scholars must maintain their academic progress for the whole duration of the scholarship program.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 28, 2023.