International students who want to pursue their higher education in New Zealand can now apply for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024. The University of Otago encourages all eligible local and international students to apply for the Fully-funded Doctoral Scholarship that can help them obtain their degree and be able to start their professional careers in one of the prestigious universities in New Zealand.
The university aims to support outstanding international students with a fully-funded scholarship that covers the student’s stipend, insurance, and tuition fees. Annually, the university provides monetary assistance to the brightest students who are facing financial struggles. The University Council on the suggestion of the Senate grants Doctoral Grants to competitors continuing to a course of directed doctoral research at the university. The scholarship is regularly accessible just to students looking to get their most memorable doctoral capability. The applicants might get one Completely Financed Doctoral Scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: University of Otago
About the University
The key part of the University of Otago is the Graduate Research School it is a community that helps the community to support their studies. Their role part is to give authority and oversight of research degrees at the university and to help graduate research students and staff across the College’s three primary grounds in Dunedin, Christchurch, and Wellington. They do this in various ways: by giving cordial and accommodating counsel to competitors and staff, (remembering how to move toward new circumstances for a consistently developing world!) by cultivating dynamic postgraduate networks across the College, as well as by advancing grants, awards, and distributing bursaries
The University of Otago offers a research degree across a scope of disciplines in humanities, commerce, and health science. No matter what your discipline, from elite specialists and research facilities to brilliant library and student administrations, they mean to guarantee that you accomplish as well as could be expected. Their research students’ accomplishment is high: they value having the absolute best accommodation and fruition rates for Ph.D. studies on anyplace all over the world.
As one of the admitted graduate research students at the University of Otago, you will be supported along your journey on research, developing your skills which also include assets, course developments, and workshops. These likewise give chances to foster a large group of transferrable abilities like the task the board and relational abilities. Aside from this, the university likewise supports a scope of research-themed occasions in a collegial, fun, and strong climate, to guarantee you have chances to coordinate with your companions and partners, as well as to partake in your time considering.
Numerous students that graduated in research groundbreaking encounters and they foster a genuine enthusiasm for their research field. Besides, the abilities they have created in their research process make them very much positioned for a scope of professions, inside the scholarly world as well as additional generally in regions like business, networks, or the public area.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Philosophy
- Number of Awards: 200 annually
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee, Insurance, and Monthly Stipend
- Country to Study: New Zealand
- Duration: One Year
- Institution: University of Otago
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
To be qualified for the application, the students must meet the following:
- Both local and international students can apply for the scholarship as long as they meet the criteria required for the application.
- The applicants must be holding a master’s degree by thesis and papers. In addition, the grades of all important high-level papers contributing towards the degree and the proposition are pertinent.
- In any case, for candidates whose earlier capabilities have been granted by different colleges, the university will compute a GPA score utilizing what it views as the most significant papers and grades given on the candidate’s academic transcript of records.
- The applicants must have the potential for research capabilities.
- The Head of Department recommendations or rankings will be relevant.
- International students who are now living in New Zealand and meet the requirements.
- Australian residents
- International students with border exemptions to further their higher education in New Zealand under the support of the Government or as basic laborers.
- The international students with an endorsement to initiate their program abroad.
The Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago can be accessed through an online portal application. Once the candidates have applied for admission, the students will be receiving an alert to the application portal for the application invitation for the Doctoral Scholarship. \
The application is now open and can be made by October, the decision and evaluation of the scholarship can be made by November or December 2022.
Re-applying for the Scholarship
The Univesity of Otago Doctoral Scholarship is one of the competitive scholarships at the university. The decision made by the Selection Committee will be final and cannot be deferred. However, candidates who failed to meet the eligibility and the requirements for the scholarship evaluation can re-apply for the next academic year.
The Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago will be providing the following:
- NZ$28,600 Stipend per annum and a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months which also includes the insurance and the service fee of the students.
- For the Professional Doctorate, NZ$28,600 stipend per annum will be granted and with a tuition fee waiver, insurance, and service fees.
Keep in mind that successful students must agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. The students must maintain their GPA and demonstrate their academic excellence.
The Doctoral Scholarship is still open until October 2022. Late and incomplete application will not be considered.