IREX offers an exchange program that covers insurance, travel fees, visa fees, and other living expenses for international students to further their higher education in the USA. The Community Exchange Program is now open for application for the academic year of 2023-2024. Interested students must learn about the eligibility of the program below.
The Community Engagement Exchange Program is a powerful worldwide organization of trailblazers working with networks to address basic 21st Century issues. CEE furnishes committed visionaries with the ability, abilities, and assets to create multisector approaches and fabricate solid and drew in networks in north of 100 nations.
A groundbreaking leadership improvement experience, CEE is a drawn-out program intended to empower familiar society pioneers, ages 21-28, to bridle the force of networks, connections, and data for a long-term benefit, explicitly on issues connected with urban discourse and peacebuilding, open and participatory government, ladies and orientation, versatility and maintainable events, and youth commitment.
What is the component of the fellowship:
- A three months practicum to be held in the USA: IREX matches CEE fellows to common society associations all through the US. Assigned bosses and friends support the fellows through a three-month, involved professional practicum.
- Civic and Leadership Engagements: CEE fellows investigate the program subjects through an intuitive educational plan that incorporates administration learning, face-to-face phases of preparation, mentorship, proficient training, and consideration in a worldwide organization.
- Community Engagements Projects: With the assistance of their U.S. association and tutors, CEE fellows plan and design a local area commitment venture to do after they get back. When the fellows withdraw from the U.S., they set these activities in motion in their home networks.
- CEP Exchange Community Engagements Project: Select U.S. and CEE experts will venture out to a CEE graduate’s nation and work cooperatively to help the individual’s task execution and bring back what they figure out how to fortify networks across the US or their nation of origin.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Masters Degree
- Field: Any eligible field offered for the international students
- Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Duration: 12 Months
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Award: Living Expenses, Visa Support, Round Trip Travel, Monthly Allowance which also covers meals, accommodation, and other living expenses in the USA, Insurance, and other health benefits.
Scholarship Provider: IREX
About the Provider
IREX is a worldwide turn of events and educational association. They center around individuals, not on streets, or wells. They work in excess of 100 nations on issues like training, leadership, data, and youth.
They make progress toward a prosperous, and comprehensive world where people arrive at their maximum capacity, states serve their kin, and networks flourish. All over the planet, persevering neediness, restraint, and shamefulness keep an excessive number of individuals from accomplishing their maximum capacity. To resolve these issues, they center around individuals, not on structures, streets, or wells. They support people and foundations to make changes in their own networks — and to make one individual to the next spans between countries.
They are practitioners. Their times of on-the-ground experience assist them with making more prominent effects, pragmatic suggestions, and enduring partnerships. IREX works with accomplices in excess of 100 nations in four regions crucial for progress: engaging youth, developing pioneers, reinforcing establishments, and stretching out admittance to quality education and data. Their work incorporates diminishing defilement, halting disinformation, and building social trust.
They believe in education, and informed residents add to the wide-based success and enthusiastic civic commitment while considering people with significant influence responsible. They work with accomplices all over the planet to build individuals’ capacity to draw in dynamic information, fortify autonomous media, and widen admittance to quality education.
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the eligibility of the fellowship. Keep in mind that the competition for the selection of the students will be based on the merit of the students and open to community leaders and civil society.
- Must be the age of 21-28 at the time of the application.
- The applicants must be a citizen of the eligible listed countries.
- Currently residing and working in their home country at the time of the application. Special consideration will be given to certain individuals living in other countries, depending on their situation.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or professional experience, in the communities, and civil society.
- Working in an engagement with the communities in their home country.
- Mus the able to start its program in the United States in 2024
- Able to achieve a J-1 Visa
- Mus the able to return to their home country after the completion of the program.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- The applicants who already participated in an exchange program or were sponsored by any other institutions, private sectors, or governments in the USA are not eligible to apply for the scholarship as well as permanent residents already residing in the USA.
The IREX will be providing the following to successful individuals:
- J-1 Support Visa
- Airfare ticket, a roundtrip travel expenses will also be covered
- Monthly Allowance which also covers meals, accommodation, and other living expenses in the USA, Insurance, and other health benefits.
- Health benefits, Accident Insurance, and Sickness
Keep in mind that successful students will complete their program in 12 months in the USA and must meet the requirements to maintain the awards. It is important to read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the fellowship.
The application can be made in an online portal provided by IREX.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is November 30, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.