The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan encourages students in Pakistan to apply for the Coastal Region Higher Education Scholarship Program for Balochistan which aims to provide higher education to the students from Lasbela, Gwadar, Kech, and Awaran Districts in Pakistan for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship will be awarded 200 scholarships to bachelor’s degree students in any of the eligible public or private universities in Pakistan.
Scholarship Provider: The Higher Education Commission (HEC)
About the Provider
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan is a free, independent, and naturally settled establishment that administers the development and coordination of higher education in Pakistan. It was laid out in 2002 and is liable for arranging, creating, and executing higher education approaches and drives.
The HEC’s targets are to work on the nature of higher education in Pakistan, give equivalent opportunities to all students, and advance research and development in various fields. It has presented different programs, for example, scholarships for students, subsidizing for research projects, and the foundation of new colleges and research focuses to accomplish these objectives. The HEC plays had a vital impact in transforming the higher education scene in Pakistan and has contributed fundamentally to the country’s human asset improvement.
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan aims to provide assistance to students, faculty members, and universities in Pakistan to achieve a high-quality education and facilities to provide the right support they may be needing to achieve their goals. With the vision “To advance, upgrade and guarantee the nature of higher education across HEIs in Pakistan” the Quality Assurance Organization (QAA) was laid out in 2005 by the Public Authority of Pakistan through the Higher Education Commission (HEC).
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) is resolved to its establishing objective that nobody ought to be denied admittance to higher education in Pakistan, and this incorporates creating conceivable equivalent opportunities of higher education for students with disabilities.
- Applicants Nationality: Pakistan
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field: Any eligible fields
- University: All public and private universities accredited at HEC
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Scholarship Country: Pakistan
- Number of Awards: 200
- Duration: Full degree program
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility for the scholarship awards.
- Candidate should have a residence/local citizen of the Gwadar, Lasbela/Center, Kech (Turbat), or Awaran Locale of Balochistan.
- Candidate must have finished 12 years of education with no less than half grades in Secondary School (SSC) and furthermore in Higher Secondary School(HSSC) or equivalent.
- Candidate finished both Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) or Comparable from school/establishment situated in any of the characterized locales of Balochistan for example Gwadar, Lasbela/Center, Kech (Turbat), and Awaran.
- The applicants must have been admitted to a full-time bachelor’s degree program preceding the advertisements maximum of one scholastic year may likewise apply.
- Must be at the age of a maximum of 22 years old at the time of the closing date for the application.
- The candidates must meet the HEC and the university criteria for admission to the bachelor’s degree program.
- The students who are already receiving a scholarship from HEC or government sectors are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The results awaiting students will not be eligible for the scholarship program.
- The applicants must be able to demonstrate their academic excellence.
- Keep in mind that HEC will not support the applicant’s eligibility for the admission criteria of the accredited university.
- The students who avail of financial assistance or any form of scholarship from the Higher Education Commission will not be eligible for the application.
Scholarship Selection Criteria
- The candidates will be selected based on their academic achievements.
- A scholarship committee will evaluate all the applications and will be based on the eligibility criteria of the scholarship.
- All applications are required to be submitted in an online application portal provided by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan.
- Hard copies of documents are not required at the scholarship stage of application.
- The first bank installment record/slip should be transferred with an online application, and it ought to be remained careful by the candidate to introduce it at test focus (Nobody will be permitted to sit in the test without delivering a unique bank store slip).
- The applicants must complete the application form including personal information.
- The required materials for completing the application must be uploaded to an online portal provided by the HEC.
- The candidate should present the online application subsequent to finishing the application form. Saved and incomplete applications in any regard won’t be considered for evaluation.
- HEC claims all authority to defer or drop the scholarship cycle at any stage without doling out any explanation.
Successful students will be awarded the following benefits:
- Tuition fees and other related fees amounting to up to Rs. 240,000 annually.
- Living stipend amounting to up to Rs.15,000 per month.
- Travel and book allowance amounting to up to Rs.30,000 annually.
- The successful students will be paid Rs.5,000 monthly or on the other hand at real whichever is less, where accommodation isn’t accessible at the University from the Head University charges.
- The stipend will be paid to the generally selected candidates from the end date of utilization and the educational expense from the outset of the academic session.
The successful students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship program. keep in mind that the selected applicants must secure their admission at the chosen university.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 29, 2023. The applicants must complete all the requirements, late and incomplete applications will not be considered.