The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute offers a Postgraduate Scholarship for International students who want to pursue their Master’s Degree in Thailand for the academic year of 2024. The CGI Postgraduate Scholarship aims to support International students in fulfilling their academic and future career journey. The scholarship is a full-funded award program that supports the financial barrier of the talented outstanding students who will be qualified for the awards, with the help of a fully-funded program, international students can pursue their educational journey without the financial barriers to achieving their main goals.
Applicants who can demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership skills are encouraged to apply for the scholarship program. For the academic year of 2024, fifteen scholarships will be awarded to international master’s degree students, Thai Nationals are not qualified to apply for the scholarship program. The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute Postgraduate Scholarship Awards will be provided based on the academic merit of the applicants.
Scholarship Provider: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute
About the Provider
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) was established in 2005 as a versatile postgraduate academic institution. CGI was initiated through the vision and leadership of Professor Doctor Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Krom Phra Srisavangavadhana in her determination to discover people qualified particularly in Science and Technology in the area that concerns the needs of the country and by supporting sustainable development. She assigned the Research Institute or CRI as the main core institution under their foundation to lead the establishment. For more than a decade, the institute has produced more high-quality graduates from the country and the Asia Pacific Region.
CGI has served as a hub dedicated to advancing and nurturing skilled professionals in Science and Technology, focusing on benefitting the wider Asia Pacific Region and Thailand. The institution’s unwavering commitment is directed towards helping achieve research and academic distinction on a global scale. The institution is dedicated to producing young generation leaders and graduates who specialize in specific areas that fill key roles in the government, academia, and industry. The comprehensive training of the institution spans the spectrum of translational and basic research which plays a pivotal role in driving forward the sustainable growth of the regional and local economy.
The institution prioritizes interactive learning and collaboration which foster an active involvement of the students, researchers, faculty, and staff. By doing this approach the students are encouraged to cultivate their critical thinking skills, and creativity and integrate their skills in a scientific research journey. The institution aims to prepare all students as future leaders in research and innovation all with the goal of benefiting society all over the world.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International Students
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Number of Awards: 15 Scholarships
- Fields: Biological Science, Environmental Health, Environmental Studies and Chemical Science
- Duration: 6 weeks refresher course and to up to 2 years
- Scholarship Awards: Fully funded
- Scholarship Country: Thailand
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application process, interested students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- All international students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship program.
- The International students must be able to demonstrate their academic excellence. Priority will be given to the students with higher merits.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 2.75 in one of the fields: Science, Chemistry, Biological Science, Biology, Environmental Science, Molecular Biology, Medical Science, Medicine, and Pharmaceutical Sciences/
- Applicants in other fields are also encouraged to apply.
- Candidates are expected to have experience and knowledge in scientific laboratory research.
- Must be able to demonstrate their English Language proficiency and must be able to submit any of the two recognized test language proficiency IELTS or TOEFL.
- Must be able to provide a statement of purpose that explains their interest in the fields.
To start your application for the Post-Graduate Scholarship Program, the applicants are expected to follow the instructions below:
- Must complete the application and gather all the required materials needed to support the application.
- The application materials can be completed in a two-step process through the application portal or a postal submission.
- To complete the portal application offered by the institute, the applicants must complete the application and email the scanned all the required materials to the official email of the institution.
- To complete a postal submission, students are expected to complete the electronic submission in Step 1 and ensure to retain all copies of the documents.
- Must send a hard copy of the application and the required documents via postal mail.
By following the application process, the applicants ensured that their scholarship applications were successfully reviewed and considered by the CGI.
As part of the application process, the students must submit the following materials:
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Completed application form
- Full academic transcript of records
- Statement of Purpose Explaining interest in the study
- Medical records
- Other documents that facilitate the application screening
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute offers a Postgraduate Scholarship providing a fully-funded award that will cover the following to help international students achieve their Master’s Degree in Thailand:
- Full coverage of the successful students’ tuition-fee
- Other academic fees such as credit fees, laboratory fees, refresher courses, thesis fees, enrolment fees, thesis documents
- Round-trip Airfare ticket
- Visa Fee
- Settlement Allowance
- Relocation Allowance
- Monthly Stipend
- Book Allowance
- Health Insurance
- Other benefits will be discussed upon selection.
The scholarship will cover the six-week refresher course followed by the 2 years Master’s Degree. The successful students must be able to maintain the required GPA of the Institute.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until September 30, 2023. All successful applicants will be notified by January 2024.