This scholarship was established in 2018 in memory of General Gabriel Jok Riak, an eminent alumnus of Cavendish University Uganda who was appointed as the Chief of Defence Forces of the South Sudan Defence Forces (SSDF) a day after receiving his bachelor’s degree in military science from the university.
General Gabriel Jok Riak nominates two (2) South Sudanese students each academic year for this scholarship, which is awarded by the University Scholarship Committee (USC). The students must be starting their first year of any degree program at Cavendish University Uganda and have been nominated in writing by the General Gabriel Jok Riak.
About the Scholarship:
With its roots firmly planted in the city of Kampala (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Cavendish University Uganda is a for-profit private higher education institution educating students in the Central Region. This college also has a branch campus in the Ugandan capital of Kampala. Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) is a coeducational higher education school in Uganda that is officially accredited by the National Council for Higher Education of Uganda. It has a small (uniRank enrollment range: 4,000-4,999 students) and coeducational enrolment range: 4,000-4,999 students. Courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as pre-bachelor degrees (i.e. certificates, diplomas, associate or foundation degrees), bachelor degrees, master degrees in a variety of fields of study are available at Cavendish University Uganda (CUU). For more information, please see the uniRank degree levels and areas of study matrix provided below. With a history of more than a decade, this Ugandan higher-education school offers a stringent admission procedure that considers students’ previous academic performance and grades. The admittance percentage for this Ugandan higher education organization ranges between 10 and 20 percent, making it a highly selective university. International students are welcome to submit an application for admission. A variety of academic and non-academic facilities and services are available to students at CUU. These include a library, dormitories, sports facilities, financial assistance and/or scholarships, online courses and distance learning possibilities, administrative services, and other resources. A total of five libraries (the Siyani Main Library, the SPGS Library, Kingsgate Library, the Public Health and Law Libraries, all located in Acacia) serve as knowledge bases for Cavendish University Uganda and provide a vast amount of information services to the campus community, including students, faculty, and researchers. Library services are not only focused on the information needs of lecturers and students, but they are also considerate of the information needs of non-academic individuals, groups, and adjacent communities who come to the library. Cavendish University Uganda Library is a recognized member of the Consortium of Uganda University Libraries and provides its patrons with access to E-Resources that have been subscribed to by the university. There are a variety of reasons behind this, but the first and most important is our manner of service delivery. Because of the way we educate, we ensure that lectures are handled by two people at the same time, namely the lecturer and the tutor. In addition, we place a strong emphasis on case studies that are presented alongside the lecturers and instructors. Second, our lecture material is provided in advance, with the majority of it being in PowerPoint format. Study materials and module websites are made available to our pupils. Furthermore, we provide flexible programs that are available during the day, on weekends, and in the evenings, making them suitable for both working and non-working students. We have lateral programs that allow students who have completed their bachelor’s studies to enroll in master’s programs before graduating. However, this is only relevant to CUU students at present time. I believe we are the only university in the country that allows for this level of freedom in academics. It is important to us that the quality of our examinations is high. Therefore, we have lecturers set tests that are modulated at the departmental and faculty levels before being modulated again by Cavendish College London.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cavendish University Uganda
Scholarship Country: Uganda
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International South Sudanese Students
- The scholarship will cover the entire cost of tuition and functional fees for the student.
- In addition, the beneficiary is responsible for all other costs and expenses, including air travel or other modes of transportation to and from the student’s home country, travel expenses to and from the University during semester time, living expenses (accommodation, food, scholarly materials, and so on), and immigration permission.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Financial need, academic excellence, and demonstrated leadership qualities are among the criteria for this need- and merit-based financial aid option, which is awarded on the basis of any one or a combination of criteria including financial need, academic excellence, and demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Candidates for this scholarship must meet the following entrance standards in order to be considered:
- General Gabrel Jok Riak has submitted
- a letter of nomination.
- The intention to physically attend lessons at the University. This award is not available for students enrolled in distance learning programs.
- Have gained at least three Principal Passes at A-level or its equivalent in a single sitting no more than five years before the date of application.
- At least 6 passes at O’ Level or its equivalent are required.
- Make a convincing case for their English language skills, which is considered optimal for doing University-level studies.
These scholarships are awarded to 35 students with admission averages of 95 to 100 percent ($5,000) or 90 to 94.9 percent ($4,000). You must be a full-time student in an undergraduate engineering degree in the Faculty of Engineering in order to apply for the Concordia University Engineering Scholarship.
The Cavendish University Uganda 2022 General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is open to all International South Sudanese Students
- To apply for a scholarship, nominated students must send a letter and supporting documentation to [email protected].
- Only students at the University are eligible for this scholarship. In order to be eligible for this award, the beneficiary must be enrolled in a face-to-face program of study and must maintain a good academic progress. Attendance of at least 75% of all classes, submission of all coursework, and a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) Second Class are all required to meet this requirement (Lower Division)
The application process for Cavendish University Uganda 2022 General Gabriel Jok Riak Scholarship for Undergraduate Students is currently opened