Since 2017, the University has proudly provided Sanctuary Award scholarships. These include a full fee waiver for each year of the program, as well as financial assistance with living expenses. This year, for the academic year beginning in September 2022, the following scholarships are available:
About the Scholarship:
Cardiff Metropolitan Institution was founded in 1865 and is a public university. This university, formerly known as the University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, provides degrees in a variety of fields, including business, economics, arts, fashion, communications, and law. In 1976, the university’s four institutions combined to establish the Cardiff Institute of Higher Education. Furthermore, after terminating its association with the University of Wales in 2011, it was given its current name. To build a global character, this university has worked with a number of international institutions. The Arab Academy of Science and Technology, the Beacon International College, and the City Unity College are among these institutions. The Cyncoed Campus, the Llandaff Campus, and the Plas Gwyn Residential Campus are the three campuses of this university. The Cyncoed Campus is a bustling campus that provides students with outstanding sporting facilities. It also serves as the headquarters for the Students’ and Athletics Union. The Llandaff Campus has good sporting facilities, a student union, an on-campus shop, Costa and Starbucks coffee shops, and a refectory. The school is about two miles from the city center and is flanked by parks, playing fields, and the old village of Llandaff. The Plas Gwyn Residential Campus is well-known for its luxurious and secure lodging options. A total of 33,190 students attend the university, with 23,960 enrolling in undergraduate programs and 9,230 in graduate programs. Around 11,000 international students call it home. This university offers Career Services, which connects students with a variety of job options. This service’s main responsibilities include obtaining placement offers, providing internship opportunities, and providing assistance to students. Furthermore, it hosts a slew of job fairs to facilitate networking and career chances. Many bursaries and scholarships are available at Cardiff Metropolitan University to help students meet their financial needs. The Carers Bursary and the Elite Sport Scholar Award are two of the scholarships available. Cardiff Metropolitan University has a long history of producing accomplished alumni who work in a variety of prestigious organizations. TV personality Roy Nobles, writer Phil Steele, singer Simon Fowler, journalist Jill Dando, and broadcaster John Inverdale are among the well-known graduates in the media sector. This university has produced a number of renowned politicians, including Brain Hancock and Alun Michael. This university also boasted a number of notable sporting figures, including cricketer Hug Morris, rugby player Kieran Crawford, and boxer Nicky Piper. Students graduate with applicable skills and the understanding of how to use them in a real-world setting thanks to the university’s experienced faculty and practical teaching method. Work placements and study trips to famous firms are also available through its award-winning careers team. Cardiff Met, which is ranked number one in the UK for employability and work experience satisfaction, is also a top 12 institution for graduate start-ups. Cardiff is a culturally rich city that hosts big athletic events, large theatre plays, music shows, street food festivals, and other events on a regular basis. It is routinely regarded as the most cheap UK city for students and the most cost-effective city in the UK.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
Each scholarship includes the following:
- a full fee remission for the undergraduate or postgraduate course for which the candidate has been accepted;
- Assistance with local transportation to the Cardiff Met campus
- During the school year, assistance with a lunch allowance.
- Personal assistance from a dedicated mentor to help students identify and overcome obstacles to success in their degree program.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
To be considered for the Cardiff Met Sanctuary Award, all applications must meet all of the following criteria:
- You fall into one of the following categories
- You are a refugee seeking asylum.
- Discretionary leave to remain or Humanitarian Protection has been given to you.
- You are the spouse/civil partner included on an asylum seeker’s application in the UK (Spouses/civil partners must have been the spouse/civil partner on the date the asylum application was lodged). Children and step-children must have been under the age of 18 at the time the asylum application was filed).
- You are a displaced person.
- Please note that applications from all categories are welcome; however, students who are not qualified for Student Finance will be given priority. Student Finance is normally available to refugees and individuals with Humanitarian Protection. Visit Refugee Education UK and UKCISA – Student Finance for further information.
- You have a conditional or unconditional offer from Cardiff Metropolitan University to start a degree program in September 2022.
- You are currently enrolled in a school, college, community, or volunteer organization that can provide a reference for your application.
- You live close enough to the campus to male commuting a breeze.
- You do not require assistance with your housing or regular living expenditures.
- To apply, applicants must meet ALL of these stringent eligibility requirements and be able to prove their circumstances. Applicants who do not meet all of the requirements will be disqualified from consideration for the award.
The Cardiff Metropolitan University 2022 Sanctuary Award Scholarships is open to all International Students
- Before completing the Cardiff Met Sanctuary Award Application Form, please read the Sanctuary Award Application Guidance Notes carefully.
- You must first have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Cardiff Metropolitan University. If you haven’t already done so, go to the university’s website, Study at Cardiff Metropolitan University – Study in Cardiff, and fill out an application as soon as possible. Did you know that Future Learn offers a free online course to assist asylum seekers with their application to a UK university?
- Applicants must submit their applications by the application deadline of 5.00pm on July 4, 2022.
- Applicants must additionally include a copy of their Cardiff Met offer letter, a reference, and proof of their current immigration status/pending status in addition to the application form. (For more information, read the advisory notes).
The application deadline for Cardiff Metropolitan University 2022 Sanctuary Award Scholarships is July 4, 2022. It is worthy to note that Cardiff Metropolitan University 2022 Sanctuary Award Scholarships is renewable every year