The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission and Bangor University will collaborate to provide financial support for six master’s level scholarships to be awarded at Bangor University in September of 2023. The United Kingdom’s Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO) provides funding for Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships. These scholarships are intended for students who would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the United Kingdom and allow talented and motivated individuals to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for sustainable development.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Bangor University is a public research university that was established in 1884 and was formerly known as the University College of North Wales. It is located in North Wales, which is located in the United Kingdom. During the nineteenth century in Wales, there was a drive to provide more opportunities for higher education, which eventually led to the founding of this institution. Residents of the surrounding area, most notably farmers and quarrymen, made voluntary donations from their wages in order to assist in funding its development. This helped to keep the cost of the building down. 1911 was the year that saw the dedication of the primary building of this university, in addition to a few buildings devoted to the arts and social sciences.
After gaining the right to confer degrees, the institution began using its current name to do so in the year 2009, when it also began awarding degrees. The university campus in Bangor covers a considerable region and provides a lot of open space. The School of Healthcare Sciences, which is situated in Wrexham, has a component of its operations located in the town as well. The train station, which serves the university, provides connections to London, Manchester, Crewe, and Cardiff, making it easy to reach the school. Additionally, the school is located in close proximity to the airport.
The campus of the university can also be reached by taking a bus or a ferry, respectively. It offers a wide variety of amenities geared toward the welfare of its students, including sports facilities, educational facilities, libraries, and dorms, among other things. It is possible for the university to offer courses in the arts, humanities, and sciences due to its organizational structure, which is comprised of three Colleges, each of which contains fourteen academic Schools and more than fifty specialized research institutions. The residence hall complex at the institution features a variety of amenities, some of which are lounges, studios, kitchens, and exercise facilities, among other things. The catering, campus stores, event organizing, and food and beverage outlets are all within the purview of the university’s Commercial Services Department. This department is also responsible for the university’s overall financial health.
The number of students enrolled at the university reached an all-time high during the academic year 2021-2022, when it had approximately 11,000 total pupils in attendance. In this particular group, there are a total of 6623 full-time undergraduate students and 380 part-time undergraduate students. In addition, during the same academic year that the undergraduate students were enrolled at the institution, there were a total of 1045 full-time postgraduate students and 719 part-time postgraduate students registered there. Students at Bangor University have access to a broad variety of scholarship opportunities, both nationally and internationally, which may be able to assist them with their current financial problems. Students have the opportunity to submit an application for a wide variety of scholarships, some of which include the Bangor Bursary, the Country Scholarship, the Bangor International Scholarship, the Sports Scholarships, and others.
The faculty and staff at Bangor University have put in countless hours to produce some of the most talented people in the world. This university has produced a significant number of graduates who are succeeding in highly regarded fields of work. Some of the people who are being honored include the film director Danny Boyle, the actress Frances Barber, the well-known chemist Colin Eaborn, the musician Bill Fay, the writer Tony Gillam, the producer Tim Haines, the actor John Ogwen, and the poet R.S. Thomas. This illustrious medical practitioner, Herbert Wilson, who is most known for the contributions he made to the field of DNA structure research, was one of the individuals who received a degree from this educational establishment.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Bangor University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: Fully Funded
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- Fees for approved academic programs
- Flights from your home nation to the United Kingdom and back to your home country at the conclusion of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
- A stipend (sometimes known as a living payment) of 1,236 pounds sterling each month
- The allowance for warm clothes, when it applies
- Grant for the preparation of a thesis or dissertation, if applicable, to help defray the costs of doing so.
- Towards the expense of study-related travel anywhere in the United Kingdom or overseas, the study travel grant is available.
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Applicants must either be citizens of one of the eligible Commonwealth countries, have been awarded refugee status by one of those countries, or be British protected persons.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of a Commonwealth nation that is eligible for membership.
- You must be ready to begin your academic studies in the United Kingdom no later than September 2023, the beginning of the UK academic year.
- Be in possession of a first degree with an honors level of at least upper second class (2:1) by September 2023, or be in possession of a second class degree (2:2) plus a suitable postgraduate certificate (often a Master’s degree). In most cases, the CSC will not pay for a student to pursue a second Master’s degree in the United Kingdom. In order to be considered for a second Master’s degree in the United Kingdom, you will be required to submit an explanation of why you want to pursue this line of research.
- Without this scholarship, you would not be able to afford the cost of studying in the UK.
- have supplied all the necessary supporting documentation in the appropriate layout.
- Candidates are required to verify with the agency that is doing the nomination for their specific guidance and application regulations, as well as their own eligibility requirements.
RMIT University knows that there are a lot of motivated international students who want to go to college in Australia. For the academic year 2023-2024, the university is offering the Stem Scholarships for students in Latin America to help these students overcome financial barriers. The scholarship is worth $10,000, which they can use to pay for school and focus on their studies.
The Bangor University 2023 Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for African Students – UK is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application, please visit the Bangor University website (cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk).
- All applications must be submitted through the online application method provided by the CSC.
- In the first place, applicants are required to submit their materials to one of the following nominating bodies; the Commission on the Status of Women does not accept direct applications for these scholarships:
- The most common method for submitting applications is through national nominating agencies.
- Certain philanthropic organizations and non-governmental organizations
The application deadline for Bangor University 2023 Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for African Students – UK is December 1, 2022