Australia Awards Scholarship offered by the Australian Government by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is one of the most prestigious and generous scholarship awards in Australia. The scholarship offered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is a long-term award that aims to contribute to the developments in the other countries in line with the regional and bilateral agreements of countries.
The scholarship will be providing an opportunity for international students especially those who are living in developing countries and also located in Indo-Pacific regions to commence their undergraduate and postgraduate degree in any of the participating universities in Australia and TAFE(Technical and Further Education) institutions
The opportunity provided by the Australia Awards Scholarship is to develop their leadership skills and the right knowledge to enhance their leadership and contribute to changes and developments in their home country.
Scholarship Provider: Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Australia Awards Scholarship
Providing opportunities to international students who choose to commence their education in Australia. For over the years, the Australian Government aims to help other countries and give generous scholarships that will give opportunities not only for the students but also for their own country. In partnership with different universities in Australia, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
A full-funded scholarship to support the international students to be more prepared in their career goals and future.
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Course/Field: Any program offered for both undergraduate and postgraduate students in eligible universities or institutions in Australia.
Number of Awards: The number of awards will be depending on the decision of each university.
Nationalities: International students
Scholarship Duration: minimum of two years per degree
Scholarship Country: Australia
The international students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship to proceed with the application process.
- Students must be International students
- Scholarship has no age requirements
- Must be able to demonstrate their academic excellence
- An international student who will be commencing their undergraduate or postgraduate degree for the academic year of 2022-2023.
- The application process can be made through an online process or by mail. It is important that the interested international students have read the scholarship policy of the awards. The scholarship handbook provides all the necessary information that also includes the requirements and selection process, responsibilities, and entitlement.
- An online portal will be provided for the students who will be registering online, the online portal will require the students to answer some questions that will prove their eligibility. After answering the proof of eligibility, there will be designated numbers, passwords and usernames to be given.
- It is advisable that the students must review different categories depending on which country they are applying to. It is not necessary to submit an application instantly, students can use drafts to save the application check the supporting documents and submit it upon completion and before the deadline periods.
- Before submitting the application make sure that you have completed and fill all the application forms and completed the documents needed. An incomplete application may not be considered for the scholarship.
- The students who aren’t able to submit their applications online can submit them by mail.
- All documents to be submitted by mail must be in hard copy.
Australia Awards Scholarships is one of the most prestigious awards for international students, this award will help and support them to carry on with their education without financial barriers. Every year they offer scholarships to numerous international students. Here are the benefits of the successful students who will be receiving the scholarship awards.
- Full tuition fee covered in any of the courses programs in eligible universities or institutes in Australia.
- Airfare travel from home country to Australia
- An allowance that will cover the student’s book, expenses, and study materials
- Living expenses
- Health insurance, health insurance will be provided during the award period
- PCE Pre-course on the English language
- Academic support that will enhance their excellence and academic success
- Fieldwork may be research awards for the master’s degree students and it will be compulsary.
Condition of Awards
- The international students who will be receiving the awards are required to sign in on the contract provided by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the contract will declare that the students must comply with the terms and conditions of the scholarship
- Awardees must leave Australia once their scholarship is done. Minimum of two years to stay to complete the scholarship duration. Failure to leave the country will result into the students debt total of the cost of the scholarship being awarded to them.
- The scholarship recipients cannot accept any of the scholarships offered by the government in Australia.
- The international students who already have their permanent residence in Australia are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
The deadline to complete the application will be depending on the universities and institutions in Australia. The best time to submit all the necessary documents and application forms will be until February 1, 2022. All incomplete applications will not be considered for the scholarship, before proceeding to submit it is important to review all the necessary documents and application forms for the scholarship.
The scholarship will be offered annually by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The scholarship committee will be reviewing all the submitted application forms and documents by the international l students. The committee will be the one to review and announce the beneficiary of the awards at the official website and successful students will be notified through their emails.
The scholarship committee might conduct a short interview with the successful students. if in case you have reviewed the list of eligible universities, students must make sure to take meet the admission requirements of a certain institution or university.
The university will be requiring an additional document to proceed with the enrollment or admission. Good communication in the English language is important, oral and written English.