The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) at Kyoto College is currently accepting applications for the 2023-2024 academic year. The AFLSP, directed by the Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), expects to cultivate enduring connections among students and educational establishments in Asia in light of common trust and understanding. The prestigious two-year scholarship offers financial help, a summer program, and systems administration opportunities for chosen students.
The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) gives youthful Asian researchers the chance to concentrate abroad at one of six Accomplice Colleges (counting Kyoto College) situated across five cities in East Asia. The Program was laid out in 2014 by Mr. Ronald K.Y. Chao (Vice Chairman of Novel Holdings Ltd. In Hong Kong) and is administered by Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI). With a dream to foster future leaders who embrace social variety and assume a functioning partly as one among countries, BXAI awards up to 105 scholarships to world-class students in Asia every year. Each partner university works a free choice cycle for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program.
All applicants must check if they have graduated in an eligible country and partner universities.
Scholarship Provider: Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI)
About the Provider
Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI) accepts that multifaceted education is the way to an amicable world based on shared grasping, regard, and balance. Through education programs that engage and motivate researchers in various Asian nations and districts, BXAI tries to reinforce connections between individuals of Asia, support organizations between East Asian academic foundations, and develop a sense of community and shared grasping inside a changing worldwide scene.
Their Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) gives scholarships to students from Asia to concentrate away from their nation of origin or district at any of our allied universities. The yearly BXAI Summer Program unites momentum among Bai Xian Researchers for an improving encounter over the late spring that incorporates addresses, conversations, concentrates on excursions, and gathering research.
Over time, BXAI likewise attempts to interface and connect with the Bai Xian family by facilitating Virtual People group Occasions – online exercises that incorporate online courses, local area-building opportunities, and soft abilities preparation workshops. To wrap things up, the Bai Xian Graduated class Affiliation expects to develop major areas of strength for a local area through systems administration and educational occasions.
By setting out intercultural opportunities for youthful researchers in Asia to gain from and draw in with each other, BXAI’s definitive objective is to raise new innovators and innovations, leaders, and influencers who embrace variety and are focused on advancing peace, country and regional collaborations and unity in Asian countries.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Asian Countries
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- University: Kyoto University
- Scholarship Country: Japan
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: 10
- Duration: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Lined up with the mission and vision of BXAI and the motivations behind the AFLSP, has solid individual trustworthiness, has an interest in global and intercultural understanding and generosity, is keen on resolving issues pertinent to the Asian countries, and can turn into future leaders who can add to great worldwide relations and improvement in Asia and the world.
- Must be a citizen of eligible Asian countries.
- Must be under 25 years old at the time of application for the scholarship program.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English, and must meet the required English language score of the university.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree and can demonstrate their academic merits.
- Must have leadership skills and be able to attend the leadership program included in the scholarship.
The screening process will be founded on the application reports. The individuals who pass the essential screening will then, at that point, be expected to take a meeting.
Note: The meeting will be held in Mid-or late May. Candidates should go to the meeting at the date and time determined by Kyoto University. Request to change the time or date of the meeting won’t be acknowledged. Candidates who neglect to go to the meeting at the assigned date and time will be excluded from the application cycle.
- All applicants must check if they have graduated in an eligible country and partner universities.
- Must meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- Read the selection criteria
- Must be able to meet the admission requirements of Kyoto University
- Complete all the required documents to support the application for the scholarship program.
- Application forms can be completed in an online portal provided by the university.
As part of the application process, candidates must submit the following, keep in mind that all documents must be in the English language.
- Scholarship application form
- Research Plan can be in any format, necessity, and circumstances that will lead to the research plans, connection to the objectives and methods.
- Letter of recommendation
- Applicants Photograph
- Certificate of English Proficiency
- Copy of University Diploma
- Certificate of enrollment
- Academic transcript of records
- Letter of admission
- Copy of residence card
All required documents must be submitted in a PDF form and can be attached in a single ZIP folder, the digital version of the application can be emailed at
- A monthly amount of 50,000 – 200,000 Japanese yen
- Tuition fees
- Monthly Stipend which will be transferred to the successful student’s account every month.
- Payment to cover the admission fees and other related academic fees
The scholarship will be awarded to up to 10 Asian students and will be up to two years.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until April 10, 2023.