The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP) invites all eligible international students to apply for the scholarship offered for the academic year of 2023-2024, which will provide a fully-funded award for the successful students who can demonstrate their leadership skills and academic excellence at the University of Auckland in New Zealand.
About the Scholarship
The Japanese government gave financing to the foundation of the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) in April 1988. The program expects to give profoundly qualified people from creating developing nations of the ADB the chance to seek postgraduate studies in regions like economics, management, science, technology, and other development-related fields by taking part in academic foundations in the Asia-Pacific locale. After finishing their studies, beneficiaries of the scholarship are expected to contribute to the development of their communities, social and economic in their home countries.
The scholarship program will be covering fully-funded awards to successful students, by providing a scholarship they may be able to complete their postgraduate degree and develop more skills and knowledge to enhance their professional careers and leadership skills.
The point is to give a chance to capable residents of ADB’s developing nations to embrace postgraduate studies in:
- And other related courses offered by the university.
The University of Auckland covered program for the scholarships will be limited to the following:
- Master’s program in Engineering
- Master’s program in Science
- Master in Public health
- Master of Arts
Scholarship Provider: The Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP)
About the Provider
ADB is focused on accomplishing a prosperous, comprehensive, strong, and supportable Asia and the Pacific while supporting its endeavors to eradicate outrageous destitution. ADB has been working for over 50 years in Asia and the Pacific to extend and further develop schooling at all levels and has distributed about $15 billion in credits and awards to the area.
The bank plays had a significant impact on Asia’s accomplishments in education. However, overwhelming difficulties, especially in the quality of learning, remain if those nations are to become successful information economies. Diminishing disparity in schooling is vital to poverty decrease. ADB has upheld many activities that advance inclusivity, such as scholarships and allowances connected to restrictive cash transfer programs.
About the University
The University of Auckland is the biggest and most elevated-positioned university in New Zealand, situated in the country’s biggest city, Auckland. It was established in 1883 as Auckland University School and turned into a constituent school of the University of New Zealand in 1961. In 2004, it turned into an autonomous establishment and was conceded its ongoing name.
The university is eminent for its research greatness, with a solid spotlight on development, creativity, and pragmatic application. It offers great undergrad and postgraduate programs across different disciplines, including expressions, business, education, design, law, medicine, sciences, and sociologies. The University of Auckland is likewise home to a few top-notch research and establishments, covering subjects like education, health, technology, and the environment.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Eligible ADB Borrowing Member Countries
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Field: Economics, Science, Technology and Management
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: Auckland
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested applicants must meet the eligibility for the award:
- The applicants must be classified as a citizen of any of the ADB borrowing members.
- Must have gained admission to any of the master’s degree programs approved by the university.
- Must be holding a bachelors degree or equivalent
- The applicants must have at least two years of professional work experience acquired at the time of application.
- Must have a good communication skills in oral and written English
- Be under the age of 35 years old at the time of their applicaiton
- Must be in good health
- The successful applicants must agree to return to their home country after the completion of their studies.
Applicants not eligible are the following:
- Staff or management of ADB, relatives of any staff or members of ADB.
- Staff of JSP institutions
- The applicants who are currently living abroad other than their home countries.
- Applicants who are already admitted to any graduate degree program or already completed their graduate degree program.
- The applicants must process their application in an online portal provided by the university.
- The applicants must complete all the required documents
- The university will evaluate all the submitted applications
- The university will send the information of the short-listed applicants to ADB
- ADB will review all the submitted short-listed candidates
- Evaluation will be based on the selection criteria of the Japanese executive director
- All selected students will be announced after the selection process
As part of the application process, the candidates must send the following:
- ADB- JSP complete information Sheets
- Complete application forms
- Offer letter from the University of Auckland
- Academic Documents such as official transcripts of records, certificates, and degree
- Certificate of Employee
- Certificate of Income
- Certificate of family income
- Copy of passport
- IETLS test copy
The scholarship will be covering the following benefits:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly basic stipend
- Health and Medical Insurance
- Research and other thesis preparation fees
- The application for the 2024 academic year will close on July 21, 2023.
- The selection for the scholarship will be between July 24 to September 29, 2023.
- All successful applicants wil be notified by November 2023.
Keep in mind that the university will be requiring additional information and documents needed for admission, late and incomplete applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected. All successful applicantants will be notified through their registered email.