The program AFRIKA KOMMT! unites the most visionary youthful leaders from Africa and German companies. The companies benefit from the skill, information, local networks, and one-of-a-kind African point of view of the youthful professionals. The African fellows jump profoundly into the German corporate points of interest, German business, and German culture. Enabled with international experience, specialized skills, and the German language they become African change specialists for both: the German business relations with Africa as well concerning monetary and social development in the fellows’ nations of origin and communities.
The program will be intended for future leaders in Africa to further their studies in Germany for the 2023-2025 session. A fully-funded program to ensure that the successful candidates will be focusing on upgrading their skills and knowledge needed to develop future leaders in their home country and to contribute to the communities.
Information about the program
Germany’s driving businesses worked together for their vision of sustainable economic participation with African nations. Africa is on the ascent and is abounding with endless potential for sustainable economic and social change. A brightness of youthful promising leaders, female and male, share the vision of guaranteeing both economic and social achievement and turning into the foundation of new improvements in the German African relationship.
The program involves the choice of top-level professionals from every African nation – including North Africa – and working with a one-year individual and professional groundbreaking journey in Germany. This envelops German language illustrations, international administration preparation stages, concentrate on visits, and tops in an 8-month pragmatic preparation at the host organization.
After the completion of eight program admissions, the effect is apparent: 203 graduated class of the program are moving their insight and experience to their nations of origin. They are driving ventures, businesses, and change initiatives through German-African joint cooperation.
Fellowship Program Provider: AFRIKA KOMMT
About the Provider
AFRIKA KOMMT! aims to build bridges between the German Industry and the young African leaders or professionals, who are also motivated to create and develop a sustainable partnership.
Their visions are:
- German Industry and young professionals to join together as a pioneer in African-European business projects.
- Uncover the extraordinary sources from African possibilities and German businesses.
- Embrace variety as key for our exhibition.
- Set opportunities to share central qualities like vote based system, opportunity, and uniformity.
- Cultivate positive leadership values and a future-situated leadership style.
- Ceaselessly construct an essential graduated class network with a strong effort and effect.
- Advance change in African communities and German Industries accordingly adds to the Unified Countries’ Sustainable Improvement Objectives.
Reason to Join the Fellowship Program
AFRIKA KOMMT! is a fellowship program that interfaces visionary African professionals and leading German companies. Together they prepare for worldwide comprehensive business and commonly useful participation.
The program gives opportunities to youthful, skilled African professionals for a one-year vocation and life-groundbreaking experience.
The participants will gain the following:
- Refine their leadership skills and management competence
- Access to the opportunities and network for the career accelerations
- Develop the intercultural competence
- Widen the candidates perspectives and innovations
- Achieving personal growths
AFRIKA KOMMT! offers you the chance to connect with a different pool of professionals from Africa, Germany, and all over the world, through the workplace. This enhancing experience will work with you to foster a rich worldwide organization that will open invigorating new vocations and valuable opportunities.
During the program, the candidates will also have the opportunities to interact with with different people and cultures and learn the German Language and cultures.
- Applicant’s Nationality: African Countries
- Academic Year: 2023-2025
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: MBA
- Duration: One to two years
- Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: NA
- Fellowship Country: Germany
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To apply for the fellowship program the candidates must meet the following:
- Must be a citizen of the African Country
- Must be holding a degree in a relevant field
- A postgraduate degree in MBA is an advantage
- Must have two to five years of work-related experience
- Must have basic knowledge of the German Language
- Not older than 35 years old
- Strong communication skills in oral and written English
- Willingness to learn the German language
- Must have dedication, be target-oriented and commitments
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Leadership potentials
- Strong capacity for team
- Flexible, resilience and enthusiast
- Open minded
- Ability to adapt to new environment
- Outstanding competencies
- Can reflect their own behavior
The application can be made through an online portal provided on the official website of the provider. Keep in mind that before proceeding to the application, the candidates must meet the eligibility criteria of the program.
- The applicants must register on the online portal.
- Complete all the required information
- Submit or upload the required documents needed to support the application
Keep in mind that applications in other languages will not be considered. The evaluation team will only accept applications in the English Language.
As part of the application process, the applicants must complete and submit the following:
- A short presentation about the motivation
- Recent Photo
- The idea for the initial change
One of the points of AFRIKA KOMMT! is to construct a stage that upholds youthful African professionals to configure change initiatives that look to settle social and economic difficulties in their nations. Kindly think for a thought for a change initiative that you might want to execute in your country. You will be posed with four inquiries about your thought on the application portal.
The program will be providing a fully-funded award that will cover the successful fellows:
- Travel Expenses
- Monthly Stipend
- Language Course
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 26, 2023.