The Volvo Group scholarships is one of a few hundred that have settled on securing full tuition coverage for a student. For 2 years the student who applies and becomes the recipient of this outstanding award, will have their tuition waived. There are a few rules and guidelines to follow to ensure the right candidate is chosen to represent this opportunity.
Most international students may not consider Sweden their first abroad school choice. However, the University of Gothenburg may be one of the world’s leading institutions when it comes to securing and graduating with a Master’s Degree.
Why is the University of Gothenburg known as a definitive Master’s degree school?
Funny enough all higher education institutions fall into factions that cater to specific degree levels. Whether it’s a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or a Doctorate school, this information can be found on the homepage website of any university.
- And as luck would have it, this university in Sweden is dedicated to working with students to graduate with high honors and securing their Master’s degree in their subject field.
The study fields available in their Master’s programs are:
- Accounting & Financial Management
- International Business and Trade
- Logistics and Transport Management
- Marketing and Consumption
- Innovation and Industrial Management
- Knowledge-Based Entrepreneurship
- Educational Research – Science
- Information Technology and Learning
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Fine Art – Crafts, Design, Graphics, Social, Computer Science, Film, Theater, Photography
- Must become or be a student at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- All applicants must be in their first year of their Master’s level degree
- International students are welcomed to apply
- Domestic students are welcome to apply
- There is no definitive age range that has set limitations on who can apply, so open to all ages
- Must be residing in Sweden upon the choosing ceremony of the right candidate
- This scholarships is exclusive to only economic, transportation, Finance or Logistics majors
- Students from the Republic of China and India will be granted first priority access
- All applicants must present their GMAT or GRE scores
- For any student interested, they must have applied to one of the mentioned above Master’s programs (that is eligible) by January 17, 2023
The biggest and important requirement for students to remember when reading through the guidelines of this scholarship post is that this is solely for economic, transportation, Finance or Logistics majors only.
Any student who applies that is from the Republic of China or India will have immediate first priority. While this scholarship is technically reserved for all students both international and domestic, this scholarship does aim to help those that would receive heavy taxes from the two mentioned countries. That is if they were to attend school in Sweden.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is by sending in the correct material and official documents that are requested of students. The e-mail attached in the contact section is the real e-mail that will be used to send in necessary information.
There is a dedicated scholarship application link (when the time frame submission window is active) that students will need to click on.
Students must send in via e-mail their resume or CV, and a personal letter that acts as a ‘Statement of Purpose’ based on why the student is applying. The resume or CV must be a maximum of 2 pages long, double spaced. We have placed that important e-mail in the contact section, and the second e-mail is to ask any remaining questions that have not already been answered.
Reward – Extra Benefits
It may come as a shock that The Volvo Group Scholarships covers the entire tuition plus fees attached completely. That means students will see 100% of their tuition for 2 years being paid off with this scholarship.
With this reward, The Volvo Group has priority over which students are chosen. Meaning that student who are from the Republic of China or India will receive first priority.
The lucky winner will also receive extra benefits that ranges from being mentored by someone you works with the Volvo Group, potential internship, and all cooperation from the group.
Deadline – Timeline
To be considered for this scholarship in a timely fashion, students who are entering a Master’s Program for the Autumn quarter of 2023, will only be considered. That means students who are in a Master’s Program but are part of the Spring quarter entre will not be considered.
The 2022 has already passed but the next open time frame to submit for this scholarship is fast approaching. The deadline is February 1, 2023.
The 2022 academic year submission deadline has been delayed by 3 weeks, while this may not be the case for 2023. Students should be persistent in checking The Volvo Group scholarship page link, which is attached on this post.
Open Submission Window – Time Frame
The open submission window for 2023 applicants opens in the Autumn of 2022. That means when a student is being picked from the prior year, a new student will be chosen for the next year.
While time frames can shift and change, we encourage all students to check the original website where the scholarship is posted to. In this case the University of Gothenburg’s official link that is posted in the website link section.
Students should consider signing up for the university newsletter or updates that is available.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship
The Volvo Group scholarship is an annual chance, along with being auto-renewed but only during the 2 year duration upon becoming a recipient of this scholarship opportunity. Afterwards, students who have won before cannot apply for this chance again simply because they will have graduated past a Master’s level degree. In this case, the student who have passed their Master’s level will need to proceed to look for Ph.D. level scholarships.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.