The University of Ghana holds a yearly scholarship called the ‘UG Sponsorship’ that advocates for disadvantaged students, that is who are financially disadvantaged. Ghana may not be a lot of students first choice universities, however, those students are missing out on the incredible higher education programs that are provided. The University of Ghana has combined multiple programs which can act like elite ivy league studies with part-time general management studies.
Back in 1948 the University can into establishment and has continued to excel with their high proficient academic student population.
The amount of different classes, programs, and even colleges attached to this grand and one of the oldest universities in the world are:
- School of Medicine and Dentistry
- School of Biomedical and Allied Health Sciences
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- School of Education and Leadership
- Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research
- Center for Tropical, Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- School of Biological Sciences
- School of Agriculture
- School of Engineering Sciences
- School of Veterinary Medicine
- Institute of Environment and Sanitation Studies
- Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology
- College of Basic and Applied Sciences
- College of Humanities
- College of Education
- College of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Livestock and Poultry Research
- Soil and Irrigation Research Center
- Forest and Horticultural Research
- Biotechnology Center
- West African Center for Crop Improvement
- West African Center for Cell Biology and Infectious Pathogens
Also the University of Ghana is in a partnership with the University of California Education that works towards an international program to help international students to spend part of their college years abroad in Ghana.
Ever since the Graduate School of Nuclear and Allied Sciences was established, nuclear energy has been examined and researched enough to find humane and responsible ways to dispose and work with. This was a huge exposition since nuclear energy has typically been disposed of wastefully. This means Ghana had stepped up the first effort towards green energy ans sufficient climate change.
- The students who will be awarded this scholarship should already be enrolled or at least accepted to the university beforehand.
- Students will need to complete the online form and read through the eligibility guidelines to make sure that they are the right fit for the criteria.
- All eligible students must show that they are academically inclined and have excelled in some study field or multiple.
- All applicants should be able to show some form of financial or low-income difficulties so they can receive the maximum amount rewarded from this scholarship.
- An applicant will know if they have been shortlisted because they will receive an e-mail or postal piece of mail stating so. If a student receives the notification that they are indeed shortlisted, that student will need to go to the University to conduct an in-person interview.
- Both male and female students are eligible to apply.
- The only real main priority that would allow a student to win this scholarship award is to show academic excellency and troubles with anything finical income or family income.
- All students must be from Ghana.
- The student should be an undergraduate, however, a student may be able to renew their application for at least 3 years.
There are a number of important documents that students will need to present with their online form application. These things include the following:
- If an applicant has yet to fill out the SFAO FORM I then they should immediately do so.
- All education receipts (even things such as school supplies or lunch receipts) from each individual in the family that attends school needs to be shown. This can be acquired from the school that student is attending.
- All health insurance receipts.
- A bank statement showing the state of the financial situation.
- A birth certificate.
- There are a number of things needed from parents if they have retired.
- Issued presence of dependents.
- A student will need to present as much information needed to show the extent of the financial crisis.
How to Apply
The main and only real way is for students to apply with the online form, students can send in extra information to the postal address:
Location No. 11 East Legon, Behind College of Basic and Applied Sciences
Or the entire registered national address:
University of Ghana Students’ Financial Aid Office
P. O. Box LG 25 LEGON, ACCRA, GHANA
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward benefits are expansive for this sponsorship, since a sponsorship scholarship does act as a bit more inclusive. For example, this scholarship will cover full tuition, provide health insurance and will even provide a general $8,000 USD coverage for the individual and their family who may be attending school too.
A student will highly benefit from this sponsorship and the student should understand that they are immediately eligible to apply for a renewal if they wish to continue with the help of the scholarship benefits.
The official deadline date is May 21, 2022. While this deadline may change depending on what the University is doing, students should consult the university website before contacting the e-mail address. The university website will have a news bulletin appointed to the top of the homepage to say whether or not the deadline date has been delayed, cancelled, or changed altogether.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame begins in February and extends until May 21, 2022 of the same year. However, students must register with the university website beforehand to securely understand that if the date changes they will receive an e-mail notification.
This is an annual academic scholarship that the University of Ghana presents to a set number of students.
If any student has a question they should consult the ‘FAQs’ section first on the University of Ghana website (which is linked on this page). If a question has in fact, not been answered, students may go ahead and contact the e-mail address that is provided in the contact section.
Our scholarship database is not in charge of sending in scholarships, the student must take action to apply through the actual university website.