This scholarship is for both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs offered by the university of Oulu. The University of Oulu is one of the largest universities in Finland, located in the city of Oulu. It was founded in 1958. The university has around 13,000 students and 2,900 staff. A staggering number of 21 International Master’s Programs are offered at the university itself.
- Only academically talented international students studying for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree at the University of Oulu.
- Citizens of European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) countries or Switzerland studying in an international Bachelor’s and Master’s Classes at the University of Oulu are not required to pay tuition fees.
- International students are really the only students who should apply for this scholarship. That is students that don’t hold a EU citizenship or visa.
- Must be in a study program for Master’s, Bachelor’s, or Doctorate.
Students taking these courses can apply:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Master’s Program in Computer Science and Engineering
- Master of Science
- Software Engineering and Information Systems
- Master’s Program in Information Processing Science
- Wireless Communications Engineering
- Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Product and Project Management
- Learning, Education and Technology
- International Business Management
All language test results must arrive at University of Oulu by the application deadline. The applicant is responsible to make the testing arrangements for themselves and to make sure the test results are delivered on time.
International students will need to secure a student’s visa to study in Finland.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by sending in an admissions application to the University of Oulu with the students application for the scholarship at the same time. While this is rare for other universities this school does this consecutively.
Students will need to pass an English equivalent test that showcases their English skills to be in the top 20% of the world. This highly competitive scholarship will need to be taken seriously and any missing or incorrect information will be immediately disregarded.
UK students as well as Finnish students will need to pay the tuition fees since they are liable under EU law.
The tuition will be waived for paid by the scholarship program that is awarded to the chosen students. This means that the student will not need to pay out of pocket or by loan to pay off that years school tuition.
The open application window is from January 5, 2022 to January 19, 2022 which makes January 19th, 2022 the deadline official date.
Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International study program is confirmed. The selection criteria for the University of Oulu Scholarship are based on previous academic performance and academic potential.
There is no other deadline date registered for this University.
This is now an annual and competitive scholarship that is only has an open application window that is less than 20 days. Be sure to check the website daily to receive more information as the deadline approaches.