A number of awards are now available for international students enrolling in a degree program at Simon Fraser University to study in Canada. Most awards are targeted at new entrants and may be renewed on the basis of consistency in academic performance. The Simon Fraser University Major are highly competitive and available to bachelors, research masters and doctoral degree students. Scholarships are opens to both domestic and international students.
Simon Fraser University is located in Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. The university has three campuses in Burnaby (main campus), Surrey, and Vancouver. This university is a public research institution and also has high award that has consistently ranked as Canada’s top comprehensive university and named to the Times Higher Education list of 100 world universities under 50, the university is also the first Canadian member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, the world’s largest college sports association.
Ironically enough, the university has a portion of international students that make up a constitute 20% of the graduate student population as a whole and 30–40% in science and technology areas. Which has placed Simon Fraser University into some high-ranking polls. Simon Fraser University also placed in a number of rankings that evaluated the employment prospects of graduates.
In QS’s 2019 graduate employability ranking, the university ranked 301–500 in the world, and 10–17 in Canada. Making it an essential institution for graduating students to receive a job offer right out of college.
- Both international and domestic students can apply.
- This scholarships is for any student who is going for a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or a Doctoral degree.
- This highly competitive scholarship will only choose the application from students who show high excellence and leadership.
- Applicants must show a letter or an email copy that shows they are already enrolled as a full-time student.
- All applicants will be tested beforehand with a language and written skills test to see where each student’s level rests. This is because the university is so competitive that they only accept the top 15% who mark higher than the rest.
- All applicants can only apply if they are implementing that they are majoring in a field study and can present as to why in essay format.
- Both male and female students can apply
- All nationalities can apply as long as they have everything ready to start their student visa for Canada
All applicants must have a field study major that they intend pursuing for 4-years. This entrance scholarship focuses on students who have a mindset that is determined to accomplish a 4-year study dedicated to their specific major.
The biggest requirement is for applicants to have grades in the 90% range in courses required for their selected program or 31 IB points (excluding predicted bonus points).
There are several AP programs available for students to choose from that will cover their study field. For example for graduate and post-gradate studies :
- Actuarial Science
- Digital Media
- Earth Sciences
- Educational Practice
- Health Sciences
- International Studies
- Management of Technology
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Business Administration
- Political Science
- Pest Management
- Resource and Environmental Management
- Science and Technology Commercialization
- Teachers of English
- Urban Studies
- Visual Analytics
How to Apply
First and foremost, only students who have been accepted to Simon Fraser University can apply for this scholarship. Otherwise, students who have not been accepted or enrolled to as a full-time student will have their application dismissed.
While some students will automatically be entered into entrance awards when they apply to Simon Fraser, this scholarship will need to be entered separately and independently. After a student has received their notification that they are now enrolled or accepted, they can continue forward with entering for this scholarship.
There is an online scholarship portal on the university website that will give students a few major subjects, and those students must choose from the field study they intend on majoring in.
Applicants must not send in anything regarding snail mail or post, this is an online application online.
Another thing, general inquires or basic information will need to be given when filling out the application. This is name, current address, current enrollment (show a copy of the Simon Fraser University acceptance letter), letter of recommendation, and provide a small “about me” bio.
If any information a student provides is incorrect, they will be contacted and quintessentially denied the scholarship.
Reward Amount – And Extra
Full tuition will be granted to the students that win this scholarship. The reason being that since this university happens to be one of the top ranking in Canada, they offer potential free tuition to international students who wish to attend and have been selected to attend.
Living expenses will not be covered, only tuition, tuition fees (which will be waived) and the potential for equipment fees to be waived as well.
Official deadlines for the Simon Fraser University scholarship falls between:
- Application deadline for all students for Summer term 2022 – January 15, 2022.
- Application deadline for high school students for Fall term 2022 – January 31, 2022
- Deadline to submit all documents required for admission (Fall) for high school applicants – February 28, 2022
- Deadline to apply for (Fall) post-secondary/transfer applicants – April 15, 2022
- Deadline to submit all documents required for admission (Fall) for post-secondary applicants – May 15, 2022
- High school Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship application for the Fall term – December 15, 2022
- Documents for High school Undergraduate Scholars Entrance Scholarship competition (references, grades etc) – January 31, 2023
- Application and documents for all other entrance financial aid applications – April 30, 2023
The university operates on accepting Fall and Summer applications.
Open Submission Window
- Full open submission windows remain between November 2021 – January 15, 2022, for Summer term students.
- For high school students, from November 2021 – January 31, 2022.
- For students who will apply for the Fall semester – January 2022 – April 15, 2022.
This is an annual scholarship but this scholarship can be applied to from all 4 seasons, Winter, Spring, Fall, or Summer application deadline dates. This scholarship does have a renewal aspect, however, the title of that scholarship would be “2nd year awards” instead of “entrance awards.” This allows students to continue with receiving any waivers for tuition, tuition fees, or textbook costs.