Do you wanna go the extra mile and achieve your goals? Undergraduate students in the United Kingdom can now start their application for the Rising Stars Scholarship offered by the Royal Holloway University of London. For the Academic year of 2022-2023, the University of London encourages every local student to join the scholarship that can help them through their tuition fees.
Royal Holloway Rising Stars Scholarship
Local students of the United Kingdom will be awarded the Rising Stars Scholarship formerly known as the Future Leaders Scholarship, three students who will be commencing their undergraduate degree at the university will have a chance to be awarded a full-tuition fee for up to three years.
The university is seeking students who can demonstrate their academic or non-academic excellence that can show their commitments to the values that matters to the Royal Holloway University of London:
Royal Holloway University of London
One of the top universities in the UK, the Royal Holloway University of London is one of the world-class universities that expands its development throughout the years. Their dedication towards education gives more and more students an opportunity that will change their lives and give more inspiration to every individual’s success.
The university values diversity and wants to promote more opportunities to all students. Strive to meet the highest standards of corporate governance and honesty, and have a clear strategy that prepares us for the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
Within three years, the university develops a strategic plan that affirms the university’s focus on the dual performance of teaching and research and aligns it with our modern-day capabilities and requirements to meet local and global needs.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: UK students
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses for the undergraduate degree program at the university.
- Duration: 3 years
- Scholarship Award: Full tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: UK
- The students must have Home fee status and achieved or expect to achieve good grades at A-Level or the equivalent.
- The previous candidates must previously have obtained or achieved AAA certification or its equivalent. For context offer holder, this can be up to two grades lower. More information on contextual offers can be found at the application website of the university.
- The main attribute that the university is looking for is the student’s determination to achieve their academic goals while demonstrating one or more of Royal Holloway’s values. Therefore, the applicants must include an example in their scholarship application. This may include a variety of activities such as, but is not limited to, entrepreneurship, project management or group and community activities, membership of groups seeking positive change, holding positions of trust within or outside of the university, or participating in activities such as sports, church communities.
- Must have the current conditional or unconditional offer to pursue their studies at Royal Holloway and you can apply to one of the university undergraduate programs for the academic year of 2022-2023.
After checking the eligibility for the undergraduate scholarship students must complete the following application procedure:
- Interested applicants must be able to complete their application forms and be able to complete all the required documents of the scholarship.
- All incomplete applications, documents will not be considered.
- The scholarship application will be based on the student’s merit and criteria points and the personal statements they will submit.
- Providing supporting or personal statements is strongly required by the university.
- Students must submit a completed application form by the annual deadline. The strength of the applicant’s previous academic experience will also be taken into account. This is checked on the basis of the documents submitted as part of the diploma application. Before starting the scholarship application, students should read the application notes on the website.
The students must submit a personal statement to support their application, outlining 400 words and it should not be exceeded, it is important that all exceeded statements will be rejected by the scholarship committee. The statements must cover the following:
- How you make a difference through your achievements by demonstrating exceptional skills that are linked to Royal Holloway’s values; Perfection, fairness, freedom, creativity, cooperation, and inclusion.
- Which achievements you are proud of
- Why did you choose your course of study, your future ambitions, and will the scholarship help you to achieve your goals
Important Notes on Application
- The application will be reviewed by the scholarship committee and will be based on your academic merits and statements.
- Scholarships are awarded for a specific period of study, as specified in the award notification, and generally cannot be extended beyond this time.
- The student’s application who will be achieving the highest points will be shortlisted.
The Royal Holloway University of London will be providing a reduced tuition fee equivalent to the full annual tuition fee for the first three years of study at the university, unless the student has spent one year abroad or in industrial practice. In this case, the tuition fee reduction applies in the 4th year, not the 3rd year. For students in a four-year degree without commercial training or a five-year degree with commercial training, scholarships are paid for the first three years in the degree program only.
To qualify for the scholarship after 1 year, an average grade of at least 60 percent is usually required annually.
All applications and required documents must be submitted on May 9, 202. The results of the scholarship will be released on May 19, 2022. All applicants may be able to check the scholarship outcome on the university website.
The scholarship will be offered annually for the local students in the UK.
The students must read and agree on the terms and condition that applies to the scholarship, the awardee of the program must check their responsibilities and academic merits to maintain the scholarship award. It is important to engage and participate in the university activities and programs, meetings, and interviews as one of the Royal Holloway Scholars for the academic year of 2022-2023.