It’s good that scholarship providers need to know that women rule the world based on how many scholarships are available for women to choose from! The scholarship and grants to women come in all shapes and sizes, but they have one thing in common: empowerment for women. Gender equality is not a “women’s issue”, it affects both men and women because it is rooted in the relationship between the two. Both genders need to change their way of working, social norms, and attitudes to ensure that they are both equal, empowered, and dignified.
The scholarship offered by BI Norwegian Business School is designed to support the women’s leader movement by inspiring and empowering women to pursue higher education. The students are generally those who have been committed to their academic excellence, community, and extracurricular activities. The scholarship provided by BI Norwegian Business School is intended for women only for the academic year of 2022-2023.
As the scholarship wants to attract outstanding female students to pursue their careers in the field where there can be gender equality to be more inspired and create their career path in this competitive world.
Scholarship Provider: BI Norwegian Business School
About the Provider
BI Norwegian Business School located in Norway is one of the largest independent business schools. BI Norwegian Business School aims to shape people and companies for an international sustainable future and digital world by pursuing academic achievement and shaping students’ future plans and companies through internationally recognized research, quality education, and close collaboration with business and society.
Degree Level: Bachelors Degree
Course: Finance and Data Business
Open to: International and local students
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Awards: Full tuition fee
Access mode: online and offline access
Country of Scholarship: Norway
Criteria for Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, the students must meet the following:
- Must be a female international and local student who will be commencing their bachelor’s degree for the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Must have a strong background on their academic excellence achievements.
- The female applicants will be receiving the specific offered program of the university.
The students who already applied for the BI International Scholarship and BI International Baccalaureate programs will be automatically considered for the scholarship. There will be no separate application for the scholarship will be required.
How to apply for the scholarship
To be able to apply for the scholarship, the students must write a letter in the scholarship application it should be maximum of one page and outlining the reason why you are deserving to be the recipient of the scholarship awards, how can you prove that your academic achievements will be qualified for the consideration.
The students are required to upload the letter of the scholarship application to the admission online application portal provided by the BI Norwegian Business School. The application portal required certain documents that the students must be submitted, here are the following documents needed to further your application:
- High school Diploma
- Transcript of Records
- Copy of Passports
The international students are required to submit the following test scores to prove their English Language skills.
- IELTS score of 6.5
- PTE score of 62
- C1 or C2 score of 176/180
- TOEFL score of 90
The scholarship award for the successful students will be receiving a full tuition fee that will be covering up the cost for up to three years if the scholars will be able to maintain their academics during the scholarship period.
The deadline to submit and complete the scholarship application must be until March 1, 2022, up until March 15, 2022. The students must read and agreed on the terms and conditions for the scholarship offered by the BI Norwegian Business School.
The scholarship committee will be reviewing all the applications for the scholarship and will be selected accordingly.
- Will be selected depending on the content of the scholarship letter being provided
- Only the students who have been admitted to the specific course field programs will be considered.
- The scholarship application will be based on the student’s achievements in academic and personal and extracurricular activities.
- The preferences will be distributed to the students who are seeking to earn their bachelor’s degrees.
In some factors, the scholarship committee will be prioritizing the international students who are from the selected countries.
Notification of the Award
Here are some factors that the scholarship committee will give the notification of the awards.
- The scholarship awards will not be sent to the admission office.
- Successful students must be able to accept the admission offer while still waiting for the result of the scholarship decisions.
- The notification for the successful students will be sent in April for the international students and June for the local students.
The scholarship decision will be final after they release the results, and it cannot be appealed. The offer must be accepted by the time of the indicated offer, the scholarship offer that is not accepted in time will be withdrawn and forfeited by the university. The students who are not successful for the awards will be informed at the end of the awarding cycle of the scholarship.
Scholarship Renewal Requirements
The scholarship recipient must be able to maintain their academic progress in order to renew their scholarship annually for up to three years.
- Students must have progression in each semester(30 ECTS)
- GPA minimum of B on the scale of BI ECTS after each academic semesters
- Applicants for a Women’s Bachelor of Finance and Technology degree must be willing to become “BI ambassadors”, act as speakers, assist with recruitment and promote a good learning environment. The details of the responsibilities are set out in the contract.
Please keep in mind that all successful students are required to participate in the academic programs and interactions at the campus. The scholarship awards cannot be transferred and only the students who will be commencing their bachelor’s degree program will be considered. The students can apply for any scholarship provided by the BI Norwegian Business School however, the school will only award one scholarship for every student.