This scholarship is donated and established by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Education and Cultural Affairs. The Timor-Leste Program was created to help Timor citizens to study abroad at no cost to them. This full-ride scholarship will cover all tuition and accommodation costs that come up for the recipient that receives this award.
There is available information that the student will be guided through as they apply for this opportunity. Students must come to understand that this is a social economically merit-based scholarship where the student will come to study in the United States but intends to return to Timor to help their country with their newfound studies and career.
- Any student interested in this scholarship should be a citizen, national resident, or a permanent lawful individual from East Timor
- Students must either be already completed with their high school senior year or finishing their senior year when applying
- Students must be at least no younger than 18 years old when applying
- Candidates must already be invited to study at a United States higher education college
- The student can be enrolled or interested in enrolling in an undergraduate subject
- The student is able to maintain and receive their J-1 student visa
- Students must be proficient in the English language both verbally and in writing
- And student who becomes a recipient must be committed to returning to their country after their academic education to pursue a career to help their country
- While students must meet the conditions of this scholarship, they must also meet the conditions of the host higher education institution they will be attending to further their education
- Citizens of the Untied States cannot apply and will have their application tossed if they do, this is for Timor citizens only
- All recipients must demonstrate leadership abilities and skills, which will be documented as volunteer or community work
The important requirement here is that the students must be from Timor or have a permanent residency, are a lawful citizen or a Timor passport.
Another big requirement is that the student agrees to fill out the application correctly along with any needed important documents that verifies information that the application requests. This is extremely important because this will further show the scholarship committee that the student is prepared for an abroad education.
If the student does not provided the necessary information their application will be dismissed.
How to Apply
The best and only way to apply is through the official United States Timor-Leste homepage. From there students will be able to follow the easy step by step instructions and submit their application online. This is the fastest and most secure way for students to be considered for this scholarship opportunity. Since this is a government funded scholarship they will be able to walk Timor students through the student visa process.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward involved with this scholarship includes a full-ride scholarship for every student that receives the certificate that they have been awarded. This way, students will have a college bank account set up that will pay all tuition, accommodation, and more.
Textbook and excess fees are also covered by this merit-based scholarship.
Deadline Time Line
The available deadline date is November 20, 2022. The exact time schedule for November 20th, 2022 is 11:59 p.m. eastern standard time zone.
All applications must be summitted before the deadline date above to be considered candidates for the 2023 academic school year.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window is currently available via the link that is located in the original link address section of this article. This means students can apply since the application is available. Students will be able to see this by going to the official Untied States Timor-Leste website and clicking on the top tab called ‘Eligibility.’ Afterwards, students will see immediately the ‘open 2023 submission section.’
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship for Timor students, students will receive full tuition coverage that can last for 4 years. While this is not a renewable scholarship this is a ‘one-time scholarship that covered several years.’
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Students will need to have a student visa when they wish to apply for this scholarship to study in the United State of America.