The Alexandria University is probably one of Egypt’s incredible wonders of the world, solely because the architecture has a modern twist with classic historical appeal. The university is one of three that was officially established in Egypt. So as one of the countries top three universities, students have actually reviewed Alexandria as one of the more versatile and accomplished institutions.
Programs available as a Master’s or Doctorate degree are:
- Veterinary medical services
- Medical Research
- Public Health
- Computing and Data Science Information
- Graduate Studies and Research
- Early Childhood Education
- Psychical Education for Men
- Physical Education for Women
- Fine Arts
- Tourism and Hotel Industry
- Economic Studies & Political Science
To name a collective gathering of what programs are available it is safe to say that students definitely have a variety of choices when it comes to choosing a field study.
In an excellent feat, the university is expanding their educational studies to include Juba, south of Sudan, and in N’djamena in Tchad.
Alexandria University has a prime mission to work towards the Arab, African, Mediterranean and global environments that have been affected by the past, and where some of the history of each place has been lost to time. As an institution that is in action when it comes to the pursuit of knowledge, just like the iconic library ‘Alexandria’ the university draws it’s inspiration from the philosophical deities that showed the way towards higher education.
The universities follows a set of values that they hold true, which has creativity, innovation, quality, excellence, team spirit, commitment, freedom, justice, and transparency with all knowledge endeavors. As long as the student who is looking to attend a university in Egypt follows those same core structures for their own life, they will be an incredible addition to Alexandria.
- This Master’s and Doctoral scholarship is directly for students from the Nile Basin Countries. This includes Burundi, Democratic Republic Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda.
- This scholarship is only for the Fall seasonal term.
- This scholarship is highly competitive and students are being asked to submit their applications in as soon as the open window becomes available.
- The only students who are eligible will be those that have a “B” average grade point average in all of their courses.
- All students will need to be fluent in Arabic.
- All students will need to be either fluent or conversational in English. An English proficiency test will be given out to see where the student is set.
The important requirement is that the student who applies for this scholarship is from the Nile Basin Region. This is important because that makes this scholarship incredibly selective and competitive to just a handful of students who are working towards their Master’s or Ph.D.
How to Apply
The only efficient way to apply for this scholarship is to be a student of Alexandria University. After becoming enrolled whether as a continuing student or as a student from another eligible area, all students must be enrolled beforehand.
The normal route to being admitted to the university involved:
- A course certification of basic education needs to be obtained from the prior university a student attended, this has to be presented to show that the student is up to date on their education.
- An HIV test and all medical records will be needed.
- A passport or birth certificate showing where the student is from.
- There are a number of tests that have to be taken in Arabic before the student will even be considered for admission.
- Report cards or graded cards are not accepted – it must be an official transcript.
- When it comes to the student taking an English course or English literature . These two courses are considered separate programs when counting the required courses for admission to universities in other courses required by each faculty.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward is a full tuition fee waived for the entire duration of that year’s program. So that means the full academic year will be completely free of charge to the student.
The official cutoff deadline date is May 31, 2022. This Summer deadline is so that students will be accepted into the Fall academic term. Students will need to follow the instructions and guidelines on the Alexandria University website to make sure they have submitted the right material.
All students should look to the e-mail address given if they have question that has yet to be answered by any of the following information provided on this page.
There has been no statement if a student can defer a period of time or receive a gap year, contacting the e-mail address provided in the contact section would need to contacted to see if that is possible.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame begins on April 1 and lasts until May 31, 2022 of the same year. Students that are studying a program in Master’s or working towards their first year of a Doctoral degree need to submit their application either online or by mail as soon as possible.
This is an annual scholarship that has official deadline dates that must be followed.
This is an odd renewable annual ‘every student is applicable’ scholarship from Alexandria University. They do present to all students each year, a certain level of eligibility that Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. students can apply to. So this could be considered a renewable scholarship however, it is open to each student who has admissions to Alexandria University.
If any student has a question they should consult the ‘FAQs’ section first on the institution’s website (which is linked on this page). If a question has in fact, not been answered, students may go ahead and contact the e-mail address that is provided in the contact section.