This is the VFS Indigenous Peoples Scholarship for Creative Industry Arts scholarship opportunity that looks for students who are currently studying the arts involving film.
The VFS has been established as a highly regarded and interesting institution in history. As of late this entertainment industry does have 15 industry-integrated programs available for students that wish to become part of the waitlist that has been established to help students enter a huge career force that is part of the movie and television industry.
With this scholarship students’ creative and work-in-progress projects will need to be submitted as proof that the student is indeed enrolled in film school. Along with the acceptance letter that the film school has sent to each student.
- This scholarship is broken down into sections, students that are eligible for full tuition coverage, for $15,000, and for $8,000 that will go towards their tuition.
- All potential applicants must be First Nations status, Inuit, or Métis.
- All potential applicants must be 18 years of age.
- An option here is for the student’s application fee to be waived for the entire scholarship application process.
- Studying film is a huge priority for this scholarship option.
- It is recommended that students have a Dropbox or Google Drive account to be able to share their work.
The biggest requirement is that the student must be studying or enrolling to study film as well as being an applicants from the First Nations, Inuit, or Métis.
One of these fields of study must be pursued by the student submitting the application:
- 3D Animation & Visual Effects / Animation Concept Art / Classical Animation
- Acting for Film & Television
- Acting Essentials
- Digital Design
- Film Production
- Foundation Visual Art & Design
- Game Design
- Makeup Design for Film & Television
- Programming for Games, Web & Mobile
- Sound Design for Visual Media
- VR/AR Design & Development
- Writing for Film, Television & Games
Each of the above listed section has different application processes to follow, based on what type of content needs to be submitted and show to the panel of judges. Afterwards, the panel of judges will rule out who will receive the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd reward tiers.
How to Apply
This is the official application process:
- There is a part 1 & 2 to this application: the first part is called ‘Official Scholarship Application‘ the second part is called ‘Official Application to Enroll at Vancouver Film School.‘
Now if a student only does one of the steps above instead of in the order they appear and sends in only one. Their application will be rejected.
The application form does present general information that needs to be filled out by the student like current phone number, address, e-mail contact address, full name and date of birth.
There will be a section where the student can link what is called their ‘creative submission link’ which will allow the panel of judges to see the students current work or work-in-progress materials.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward options are available in three selective groups. The first group will receive full tuition coverage along with any tuition excess fees that will be covered by the university institution. The second level will receive $15,000 to go towards paying off their total tuition annual amount. The third level will receive $8,000 that goes towards paying off their total tuition annual amount.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date is set for July 20, 2023. There is very little open window submissions gap for students to send in their scholarship applications for this specific scholarship.
There is no mention of a extension date for this deadline, however, students can always use the contact information given in the contact section to inquire further about extending deadlines.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The official application open date is on June 21, 2023. As of right now, the link that is to the original scholarship website has not been updated for the 2023 school year. However, the same rules to apply since this is an annual scholarship option for film students.
If a student is unsure of when they will hear of any news is they have been selected, all students will receive a notification if they have been selected on August 31, 2023. So students will not have to wait around for too long to see if their tuition has been fully or partially covered.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship opportunity.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.