This scholarship opportunity allows international students to explore their Hungarian heritage. The Diaspora Scholarship allows students to embrace their professional dreams while being able to explore the vastly knowledgeable and incredible country of Hungary. From the actual foundation that this scholarship is funded, they provide a much-needed chance for international students to fully develop both personally and academically in their college careers.
List of academic study programs available at Eötvös Loránd University include :
- Law & Political Sciences
- Special Needs Education
- Primary & Pre-School Education
- Education & Psychology
- Social Sciences
Also, the University of Szeged academics include:
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Environmental technology
- English and American Studies
- German Studies
- Italian Studies
- Music and Performing Arts
- Tourism and Catering
- Classical Singing
- Classical Musical Instrumental Performance
And many more academic programs are available on each Hungarian university website.
- Any applying student must be a decent of Hungarian descent, this is the primary rule for this scholarship.
- The student applying must have submitted an application submission or admissions submission to a recognized Hungarian university in Hungary, as well as already being accepted.
- This scholarship is available for all Bachelor to Postgraduate level students. So all major graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Students applying can also apply for this scholarship whether they are a full-time or part-time student. Normally scholarships prefer full-time students but for this specific one, they do not mind both.
- Applicant has made a statement that they have lived a minimum of 10 years outside Hungary before the submission of the application. This must be stated.
- Student that applies shows that they were born before the year 2004.
- Once the student signs (as a recipient of this scholarship) that they will take Hungarian language courses throughout their studies and time while living in Hungary. If they do not, they are not the best fit for this scholarship opportunity.
A letter of recommendation will be needed for the student applying. Along with the student needing to download the Mandatory Medical Certificate Template on the official website.
How to Apply
When it comes to applying, students are given an online guideline via the original website link that is presented in this article.
Students should look for the “Call for Application” section before filling out the application form.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The complete rewards and benefits covers the following:
- Complete tuition coverage (the student will not have to pay towards tuition for their entire duration)
- A monthly allowance to help provide for the student (around 120 EUR per month)
- Travel contribution which is a one-time travel allowance (complete coverage for one round-trip flight)
- Health insurance coverage
- Free dorm or accommodation stay
This is highly intriguing since this is considered a full-ride scholarship.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date is January 22, 2023. So this means that students will need to be prepared to study in Hungary for the 2024 academic school year. Then follows a series of selection points that happen in February (round 1 & 2), March to May (3rd round), April (submitting all medical files and results), May to June (4th round), June (5th round), July (notification of results), July – August is specifically meant for the visa application and acceptance. Then the last round is the final arrival in Hungary in September of 2023.
All applicants should take note of what they must send in on time and before the date above passes. There are many ways to organize all of the documents needed to send in. First students should receive an acceptance letter first, and then follow that up with securing a student visa for the selected duration of their program studies.
Afterwards, students should look through the guidelines on the original university website to understand what information they need.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame starts at the end of each academic year and stays open until January 22nd of each year. This gives the student enough time to prepare and go over the guideline that is associated with the scholarship application.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided.
Annual of Renewable Scholarship Option
This is an annual scholarship that lasts for the students entire college duration. So this means if the student has signed up to only fulfil until their Bachelor degree, Master’s or Postgraduate, then that is how many years the scholarship will automatically renew each time.