For Non-EU/EEA Students: Aarhus University provides limited scholarships to exceptionally talented Non-EU/EEA students applying for Master’s degree programs. The scholarships are merit-based and cover full or partial tuition fees and provide a monthly living allowance.
The official deadline time frames is September 1, 2023.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for Aarhus University Scholarships:
The eligibility requirements for Aarhus University scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, here are some general criteria that are commonly considered for Aarhus University scholarships:
- Nationality: Scholarships at Aarhus University are often available to both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA students. Some scholarships may have specific nationality requirements or prioritize certain nationalities.
- Academic Merit: Most scholarships at Aarhus University are merit-based, meaning that applicants are expected to have a strong academic record. This may include a minimum GPA requirement, outstanding academic achievements, or research potential, depending on the scholarship.
- Program of Study: Scholarships are typically available for specific degree programs or fields of study at Aarhus University. The eligibility requirements may vary based on the chosen program, and some scholarships may be limited to certain disciplines or faculties.
- Admission to Aarhus University: To be eligible for scholarships, applicants usually need to have gained admission or be in the process of applying to Aarhus University. It is important to check the specific scholarship requirements and deadlines for each program.
- Language Proficiency: For programs taught in English, applicants may be required to demonstrate their English language proficiency through tests such as IELTS or TOEFL, unless they come from English-speaking countries or have completed a previous degree in English.
What is the total award for Aarhus University Scholarships:
The total award for Aarhus University scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship program. The scholarship amounts and coverage differ from one program to another. Some scholarships may cover full tuition fees, while others may provide partial tuition fee waivers. Additionally, scholarships may also include a monthly living allowance to help cover the recipient’s living expenses.
How do you apply for Aarhus University Scholarships:
The application process for Aarhus University scholarships can vary depending on the specific scholarship program. However, here are some general steps to follow when applying for Aarhus University scholarships:
- Research the Available Scholarships: Visit the official website of Aarhus University and explore the scholarship options available. Look for scholarships that are applicable to your desired degree program, nationality, and academic qualifications.
- Review Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements: Carefully read the eligibility criteria, application requirements, and any specific documentation or forms that need to be submitted for each scholarship program. Make sure you meet the eligibility requirements before proceeding with the application.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all the necessary documents required for the scholarship application. These may include academic transcripts, diplomas, proof of English language proficiency, recommendation letters, a CV/resume, and a motivation letter. Ensure that your documents are properly prepared and meet the specified requirements.
- Complete the Online Application: Most scholarship applications at Aarhus University are submitted online through the university’s application portal. Create an account on the application portal, fill out the application form accurately, and upload the required documents as per the instructions.
- Submit the Application within the Deadline: Pay attention to the application deadline for each scholarship program and make sure to submit your application before the specified date. Late or incomplete applications may not be considered.
- Follow-up and Notification: After submitting your application, monitor your email and the application portal for any updates or communication from Aarhus University. Scholarship recipients will be notified of the results within a certain timeframe.
Step by Step Student Visa Process for Denmark
Here is a step-by-step overview of the process:
- Acceptance to a Danish Educational Institution: Obtain acceptance from a recognized educational institution in Denmark. You must have an offer letter or admission confirmation before proceeding with the visa application.
- Check Visa Requirements: Visit the website of the nearest Danish embassy or consulate to review the specific visa requirements for your country. Ensure you have all the necessary documents and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Complete the Online Application: Fill out the online visa application form available on the website of the Danish Immigration Service or the embassy/consulate. Provide accurate and complete information.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare the required documents, which commonly include:
a. Passport: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the intended duration of your stay in Denmark. b. Passport-sized Photos: Provide recent passport-sized photographs that meet the specified requirements. c. Acceptance Letter: Submit the acceptance letter or admission confirmation from the Danish educational institution. d. Proof of Financial Means: Demonstrate sufficient financial means to cover your living expenses and tuition fees during your stay in Denmark. This can include bank statements, scholarship letters, or proof of sponsorship. e. Health Insurance: Obtain comprehensive health insurance coverage that is valid in Denmark. f. Accommodation Confirmation: Provide evidence of accommodation arrangements in Denmark, such as a rental contract or housing agreement. g. Study Plan: Prepare a study plan outlining your intended course of study and educational objectives. h. Language Proficiency: Some programs may require proof of language proficiency (e.g., IELTS or TOEFL scores) if the language of instruction is not English.
- Pay the Application Fee: Pay the applicable visa application fee, as specified by the Danish embassy or consulate. The fee must be paid before submitting your application.
- Submit the Application: Submit your visa application, along with the required documents and payment receipt, to the Danish embassy or consulate in your country. Some countries may require in-person appointments, while others may allow you to submit the application by mail.
- Attend Biometrics Appointment (if required): In some cases, you may need to schedule an appointment to provide your biometric information, including fingerprints and a photograph. Follow the instructions provided by the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for Processing: The visa processing time can vary, so it’s important to apply well in advance of your intended travel date. Monitor the status of your application through the application tracking system, if available.
- Collect Your Visa: If your visa application is approved, you will receive your visa sticker or residence permit. Collect it from the embassy/consulate or arrange for it to be sent to you, as per their instructions.
- Arrive in Denmark: With your student visa, travel to Denmark within the validity period of the visa. Once in Denmark, you may need to complete additional registration procedures with the local authorities or educational institution.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship opportunity.
Other available scholarships to look at are R357,500 Stellenbosch University 2023 MA & PhD “Turning The TiDe” Scholarships for African Students or £10,000 Tuition Fee Awards Strathclyde Business School Masters Scholarships for International Students, University of Strathclyde, United Kingdom 2023.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.