Do you want to study in one of Europe’s oldest and most prestigious universities? Do you want to experience the rich culture and history of Hungary? Do you want to get a world-class education without breaking the bank? If you answered yes to these questions, you should apply for the full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship at the University of Pécs 2024.
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship is a generous program offered by the Hungarian Government to attract talented and motivated students worldwide. The scholarship covers all the costs of studying at the University of Pécs, one of the top-ranked universities in Hungary and the region. You can choose from bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs in various fields of study and enjoy the benefits of living and learning in a vibrant and multicultural city.
The scholarship provider is the Hungarian Government through the Tempus Public Foundation. The Hungarian Government launched the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program in 2013 as part of its “Eastern and Southern Opening” policy, aiming to strengthen Hungary’s international relations and cooperation with other countries. The Tempus Public Foundation is a non-profit organization that manages the scholarship program and coordinates the application and selection process.
The scholarship provider collaborates with the University of Pécs, the host institution for the scholarship recipients. The University of Pécs is the oldest in Hungary, founded in 1367. It is also one of the country’s largest and most diverse universities, with ten faculties and over 20,000 students. The University of Pécs is located in Pécs, the fifth-largest city in Hungary and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The university and the city offer a stimulating and friendly student environment with a rich academic, cultural, and social life.
The eligible applicants for the full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024 are international students who are not Hungarian citizens and meet the chosen program’s academic and language requirements. The applicants must also have a valid passport and a clean criminal record.
The applicants can apply for up to two programs at the University of Pécs as their first and second priority. The programs can be at the same or different levels of study, but they must be in English or Hungarian. The applicants must also indicate their preferred mode of study, which can be full degree or partial/exchange.
The applicants must apply through the online application system of the Tempus Public Foundation and submit the required documents, such as a resume, a transcript, a motivation letter, and two recommendation letters. The applicants must also apply to the University of Pécs through its online application system and pay the application fee of 140 EUR.
The host country for the full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024 is Hungary, a landlocked country in Central Europe. Hungary is a member of the European Union, the Schengen Area, and NATO. It has a population of about 10 million people and a territory of about 93,000 square kilometers. Hungary has a rich and diverse culture, history, and natural beauty, influenced by various regions and periods. Hungary is famous for its cuisine, music, architecture, literature, and inventions.
The scholarship’s host city is Pécs, Hungary’s fifth-largest city and Baranya County’s capital. Pécs is located southwest of Hungary, near the border with Croatia. Pécs has a mild and sunny climate with four distinct seasons. Pécs is a cultural and educational center with a history dating back to the Roman times. Pécs is known for its monuments, museums, festivals, and nightlife. Pécs is also a multicultural and tolerant city, with a large student population and a vibrant community of foreigners.
The full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024 is a fully funded scholarship that covers the following expenses for the selected students:
- Tuition fee: The scholarship covers the full tuition fee of the chosen program at the University of Pécs, regardless of the level or field of study.
- Monthly stipend: The scholarship provides monthly assistance to the students to cover their living expenses. The amount of the allowance depends on the level of study, as follows:
- Non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s, and one-tier master’s level: 43,700 HUF per month (about 120 EUR)
- Doctoral level: 140,000 HUF per month (about 385 EUR)
- Accommodation: The scholarship offers two options for accommodation to the students:
- Dormitory placement: The students can stay in a dormitory provided by the University of Pécs, where they can share a room with other students and access common facilities.
- Housing allowance: The students can choose to rent a private apartment or room in Pécs, and receive a monthly allocation of 40,000 HUF (about 110 EUR) to cover their housing costs.
- Medical insurance: According to the relevant Hungarian legislation, the scholarship covers health care services and supplementary medical insurance for the students. The students will receive a national health insurance card and supplemental insurance of up to 65,000 HUF per year (about 180 EUR).
Level and Field of Study
The full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024 is available for all levels and fields of study offered by the University of Pécs, except for the programs in the fields of medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy. The levels of study are:
- Non-degree: These short-term programs do not lead to a degree but provide credits or certificates. They can be preparatory courses, summer schools, or professional training.
- Bachelor’s: These undergraduate programs last for 6 or 7 semesters (3 or 3.5 years) and lead to a bachelor’s degree. They require the completion of 180 or 210 ECTS credits.
- Master’s: These graduate programs last for 3 or 4 semesters (1.5 or 2 years) and lead to a master’s degree. They require the completion of 90 or 120 ECTS credits.
- One-tier master’s: These integrated programs combine the bachelor’s and master’s levels and lead to a one-tier master’s degree. They last for 10 or 12 semesters (5 or 6 years) and require the completion of 300 or 360 ECTS credits. They are mainly offered in law, architecture, and engineering.
- Doctoral: These postgraduate programs last 6 or 8 semesters (3 or 4 years) and lead to a doctoral degree. They require the completion of 180 or 240 ECTS credits and the defense of a doctoral dissertation.
The fields of study are:
- Natural sciences: These include programs in the fields of biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, computer science, environmental science, and earth science.
- Human and social sciences: These include programs in psychology, sociology, anthropology, education, communication, media, political science, international relations, history, philosophy, and cultural studies.
- Business and economics: These include programs in the fields of business administration, management, marketing, finance, accounting, economics, and tourism.
- Arts: These include programs in the fields of music, fine arts, design, film, theater, and dance.
- Engineering: These include programs in the fields of civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, biomedical engineering, and industrial engineering.
How to Apply
To apply for the full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024, the applicants need to follow these steps:
- Register in the online application system of the Tempus Public Foundation by providing their basic personal information and choosing their citizenship. This will enable them to see the available programs and the application requirements.
- Log in to the system with their unique applicant access code and fill in the online application form. They need to choose their preferred programs at the University of Pécs as their first and second priority, and indicate their preferred mode of study. They also need to upload the required documents, such as a resume, a transcript, a motivation letter, and two recommendation letters.
- Apply to the University of Pécs through its online application system and pay the application fee of 140 EUR. They need to choose the same programs and mode of study as in the Tempus Public Foundation system, and upload the same documents. They also need to provide their applicant access code to the University of Pécs.
- Submit their application by the deadline of January 15, 2024.
Countries that can Apply
The full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024 is open to students from 94 countries that have a bilateral agreement with Hungary. The list of the eligible countries can be found on the Tempus Public Foundation website.
To be eligible for the full Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship University of Pécs 2024, the applicants must meet the following criteria:
- They must be international students who are not Hungarian citizens and who do not have a permanent residence in Hungary.
- They must have completed their previous level of education or be in the last year of their studies.
- They must meet the academic and language requirements of the chosen program at the University of Pécs.
- They must have a valid passport and a clean criminal record.
- They must have a strong interest and motivation to study in Hungary and at the University of Pécs.
Until January 15, 2024.