Are you looking for a way to pursue higher education in one of the world’s most innovative and progressive countries? Do you want to study in a high-quality academic environment with state-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge research? Do you dream of experiencing Finland’s unique culture and nature, the happiest country in the world?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you should not miss this golden opportunity: the Finland Government Scholarships for international students. These scholarships are fully funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture and are available for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs at Finnish universities and universities of applied sciences (UAS).
The Finland Government Scholarships are designed to attract and support talented and motivated students worldwide who want to study in Finland. The scholarships cover the tuition fees, living expenses, and travel allowances for the duration of the study program. The scholarships also offer academic and social support, as well as access to various services and benefits for international students in Finland.
If you are interested in applying for the Finland Government Scholarships, read on to find out more about the scholarship provider, eligible applicants, host country, scholarship worth, level and field of study, how to apply, countries that can apply, eligibility criteria, scholarship deadline, and scholarship link.
The Finland Government Scholarships are funded by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture, which is responsible for developing education, science, cultural, sport, and youth policies and international cooperation in these fields. The ministry also oversees the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI), which administers the scholarships and provides information and guidance for international students in Finland.
The Finland Government Scholarships are open to all non-EU/EEA students who are liable to pay tuition fees and apply for international bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree programs at Finnish universities or UAS. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, motivation, and potential. The scholarships are highly competitive and limited in number, so only the best candidates will be selected.
Finland is a Nordic country located in Northern Europe, bordering Sweden, Norway, Russia, and Estonia. Finland is known for its high standard of living, social welfare, education, innovation, and environmental sustainability. Finland is also famous for its stunning natural beauty, diverse seasons, vibrant culture, and friendly people.
Finland is an ideal destination for international students who want to experience a different way of life and learn from a world-class education system. Finland has more than 400 study programs taught in English, covering various fields and disciplines. Finland also has 13 research universities and 22 UAS, which offer high-quality teaching, research, and facilities. Finland is a member of the European Union, the Schengen Area, and the Eurozone, which means that students can easily travel and explore other European countries during their studies.
The Finland Government Scholarships are fully funded and cover the following expenses for the selected students:
- Tuition fees for the entire duration of the study program
- Monthly living allowance of 500 euros for bachelor’s and master’s students and 1,500 euros for doctoral students
- One-time travel grant of 400 euros for students from Europe and 1,000 euros for students from other continents
- Health insurance, student union membership, and student card
- Orientation and mentoring programs, language courses, and cultural activities
Level and Field of Study
The Finland Government Scholarships are available for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in various fields and disciplines. The scholarships are offered for degree programs taught in English at Finnish universities and UAS. The scholarships are not applicable for UAS master’s degrees.
Some of the fields and disciplines that are covered by the scholarships are:
- Natural sciences, mathematics, and statistics
- Agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and veterinary
- Business, administration, and law
- Engineering, manufacturing, and construction
- Health and welfare
- Information and communication technologies (ICTs)
- Services (hospitality management, logistics, security, sports studies)
- Social sciences, journalism, and information
How to Apply
The application process for the Finland Government Scholarships is online and consists of the following steps:
- Find a suitable study program from the Study in Finland website and check the eligibility and admission requirements
- Fill in and submit the online application form for the chosen study program through the [Studyinfo] portal before the deadline
- Indicate your interest in applying for the scholarship in the same application form and attach the required documents, such as academic transcripts, certificates, language test results, motivation letter, etc.
- Wait for the admission and scholarship decision from the university or UAS
- Accept the offer and confirm your enrollment
- Apply for a student residence permit and prepare for your arrival in Finland.
Countries that can Apply
The Finland Government Scholarships are open to all non-EU/EEA students who are liable to pay tuition fees and apply for international bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree programs at Finnish universities or UAS. The scholarships are not restricted to any specific country or region.
The eligibility criteria for the Finland Government Scholarships vary depending on the level and field of study, as well as the university or UAS. However, some of the general criteria are:
- Applicants must be non-EU/EEA citizens who are liable to pay tuition fees and apply for international bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree programs at Finnish universities or UAS
- Applicants must have completed their previous level of education (secondary school, bachelor’s degree, or master’s degree) or be in the final year of their studies
- Applicants must meet the academic and language requirements of the chosen study program
- Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence, motivation, and potential for their chosen field of study
- Applicants must submit a complete and timely application with all the required documents and information
The application deadline for the Finland Government Scholarships varies depending on the level and field of study, as well as the university or UAS. However, most of the deadlines fall between November and January for the academic year starting in August or September. Applicants are advised to check the exact deadline for their chosen study program from the Study in Finland website and apply as early as possible.
For more information about the Finland Government Scholarships, please visit the official website of the Finnish National Agency for Education (EDUFI) at [this link]. You can also find more details about the study programs, universities, and UAS, as well as the application process and practical matters from the Study in Finland website.