African students who want to further their higher degree in the United Kingdom can now start their application for the Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024!
The Standard Bank Africa in partnership with Oxford University in the United Kingdom aims to provide support to African students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership skills to fulfill their professional and personal goals. The students must be in the Master’s degree program in an eligible field required for the scholarship.
Standard Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship
Students from the field of Humanities, Life Science, Physical Science, Mathematics, and Social Science are encouraged to apply for the scholarship. Aiming to help resolve the issue of the nation by empowering the students to develop more skills and knowledge to fulfill their academic and professional journey, this movement will also help them in contributing to their communities and to their home countries.
An educational enrichment and international exposure to outstanding African students, the scholarship also aims to develop a network of African leaders who will contribute to and influence Africa’s sustainability and development as a global exercise for visionary leadership.
Annually, Standard Bank Africa offers the Chairman’s Scholarship to help them in the completion of their studies in the UK and bring together the activists, professionals, and thinkers to share their same passions for the well-being and success of Africa.
About Oxford University
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022 position the University of Oxford as the best university in the world for an amazing 6th continuous year. Oxford was additionally positioned first in THE’s 2022 subject rankings for clinical and well-being and the subject rankings for software engineering. The University was likewise positioned in the main 5 in THE’s Reality University Rankings by subject for sociologies, life sciences, business, economics, arts, humanities, education, and law.
The QS World University Rankings 2022 spot Oxford as the second-best university in the world and the best university in Europe. Oxford likewise positioned first in the worldwide subject rankings for humanities, and arts, and in the top five for science, life sciences and medicine, and sociologies and management.
Admission to graduate review at Oxford is extremely competitive. Necessities fluctuate between programs, yet overall our academic divisions search for students with the capacity, energy, interest, and responsibility expected to seek a more elevated level of study. They invite applications from students of any age, ethnicity, and foundation.
The university has exclusive requirements for its graduate students, and they plan to give a strong and animating climate in which you can arrive at your maximum capacity. This incorporates state-of-the-art research offices and unparalleled assets across the disciplines, as well as private and government assistance support, and academic direction.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: African Students
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Humanities, Social Science, Life Science, Physical Science, and Mathematics
- Scholarship Awards: Living cost and tuition fee
- Number of Awards: Three
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Duration: 1 year
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must meet the criteria of the scholarship
- The applicants must be African citizens residing in any of the 20 Standard Bank Froup African operating countries.
- The students are required to have leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Can demonstrate their academic excellence
- Must be able to be admitted in the eligible field for the scholarship.
- Applying for the Master’s degree at the University of Oxford in a relevant field for the scholarship.
- Present your course application by the pertinent January confirmation deadline.
- Your application isn’t put standing by or kept down after the January confirmation deadline to be rethought against applications gotten admission deadline.
To apply for the scholarship, the students are required to access the online portal application provided by the University of Oxford.
- The students must create an account in an online portal application system provided by the university, once the account was created click apply and it will redirect you to the login page if you have already registered.
- Complete the personal information and contact details
- Add references to the application system.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following:
- Official transcript of records
- Passport copy
- Statement of Purpose
- Bachelors Diploma
- Written work
- Other related documents
The applicants are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- IELTS score of 7.0
- TOEFL iBT score of 100
- C1 Advance score of 185
- C2 Advance score of 185
Keep in mind that you have to understand the application and complete all the necessary documents needed.
The scholarship committee will evaluate all submitted applications and documents after the deadline for the scholarship application.
- The qualification will be applied automatically, utilizing the information you give in the important segments of the application forms (for instance, citizenship, past university, and other relevant information to consider to decide if you are qualified;
- The determination depends on academic legitimacy, except if indicated in any case;
- In any case, effective candidates will be moved to a significant school to take up the scholarship; and
candidates who hold the offers to begin in 2023-24 are not qualified to be considered for these scholarships.
The Standard Africa Bank Africa Chairman’s Scholarship will be providing an award to three African students with a fully funded award covering the following:
- Full tuition fee cover
- Living allowance
The scholarship will be awarded for 12 months and the beneficiary of the award must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
Deadline of Application
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 2023, the result will be expected by July 20213.