The UNHCR DAFI (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative) Scholarship Program is a global scholarship program that provides undergraduate scholarships to refugees who have been granted asylum in their country of asylum. The program is managed by the German government and implemented by UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees).
The aim of the DAFI program is to provide refugees with access to higher education and help them acquire the skills and knowledge needed to contribute to the development of their communities and countries. The program covers tuition fees, a monthly subsistence allowance, and other expenses related to studying, such as textbooks and transportation.
The DAFI program operates in more than 50 countries around the world, including Syria. Syrian refugees who have been granted asylum in their country of asylum and meet the program’s eligibility criteria can apply for the scholarship through UNHCR or it’s implementing partners in their country of asylum.
What are the eligibility requirements for The UNHCR DAFI Scholarship Program:
The eligibility requirements for the UNHCR DAFI Scholarship Program are as follows:
- Applicants must be refugees who have been granted asylum in their country of asylum. They must be able to provide proof of their refugee status.
- Candidates must have completed their secondary education with good grades and must have a valid secondary school leaving certificate.
- Applicants must have been accepted into a recognized undergraduate program at a public university or a recognized private institution of higher education.
- Anyone interested must demonstrate academic potential and a strong motivation to succeed in their studies.
- Students must demonstrate financial need and a lack of other sources of funding to support their education.
- Individuals must meet any additional eligibility requirements set by the DAFI program in their country of asylum.
What is the total award for The UNHCR DAFI Scholarship Program:
The total award for the UNHCR DAFI (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative) Scholarship Program may vary depending on the country where the scholarship is being implemented. However, in general, the program covers the cost of tuition fees and provides a monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, such as accommodation, food, and transportation.
The amount of the monthly subsistence allowance may also vary depending on the country where the scholarship is being implemented, as the cost of living varies from country to country. However, the allowance is designed to cover basic living expenses and may not cover all expenses associated with studying abroad.
It is important to note that the UNHCR DAFI Scholarship Program is designed to provide support to refugees who have been granted asylum in their country of asylum and may not cover all the costs associated with studying abroad. Students are encouraged to seek additional sources of funding to cover any remaining costs, such as travel expenses or additional living expenses, if necessary.
How do you apply for The UNHCR DAFI Scholarship Program:
The UNHCR DAFI (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative) Scholarship Program operates in more than 50 countries around the world, including countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. The program is implemented by UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) and managed by the German government. The exact locations of the DAFI program vary depending on the country and region, and may include refugee camps, urban areas, and other locations where refugees have been granted asylum. Syrian refugees who have been granted asylum in their country of asylum and meet the program’s eligibility criteria can apply for the scholarship through UNHCR or its implementing partners in their country of asylum.
The application process for the UNHCR DAFI Scholarship Program may vary slightly depending on the country and region where the program is implemented. However, in general, here are the steps you would need to follow to apply for the scholarship:
- Check your eligibility: Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for the DAFI program in your country of asylum. These criteria may include refugee status, completion of secondary education, acceptance into a recognized undergraduate program, academic potential, financial need, and any additional eligibility requirements set by the program.
- Find out about the application process: Contact UNHCR or its implementing partners in your country of asylum to find out about the application process, including the application deadline, required documents, and any additional information you need to provide.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the DAFI scholarship application form and attach all required supporting documents, such as academic transcripts, secondary school certificates, and proof of refugee status.
- Submit your application: Submit your completed application form and supporting documents to UNHCR or its implementing partners in your country of asylum by the application deadline.
What Does a Student Visa Mean and How to Acquire One
If you are a foreign student who wishes to study in Syria, you will need to obtain a student visa before you can enter the country. Here is a general overview of the steps you would need to take to acquire a student visa:
- Apply to a Syrian educational institution and receive an acceptance letter: Before you can apply for a student visa, you must first apply and be accepted to a Syrian educational institution.
- Gather the necessary documents: You will need to gather the required documents to apply for a student visa. These may include a valid passport, the acceptance letter from the educational institution, proof of financial support, and any other documents required by the Syrian embassy or consulate in your country of residence.
- Submit your visa application: Once you have gathered all the required documents, you can submit your visa application to the Syrian embassy or consulate in your country of residence. You will need to pay a visa application fee and provide your biometric information (such as fingerprints) as part of the application process.
- Attend an interview: You may be required to attend an interview at the Syrian embassy or consulate as part of the visa application process.
- Wait for the visa to be processed: The processing time for a Syrian student visa may vary depending on the embassy or consulate, so it is important to apply well in advance of your planned departure date.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
In general, it is important to apply as early as possible to increase the chances of being awarded the scholarship. It is also recommended to start researching and preparing for the scholarship application several months before the deadline, as the application process can be competitive and may require time to collect all the necessary documents and information.
There is no other specified deadline date mentioned. But students are encouraged to search the original website for any delays, changes, or further information about the scholarship.
Other available scholarships to look at are £5,000 University of Dundee 2023 Global Citizenship Scholarship or Fully Funded Cummings Africa Foundation (CAF) STEM Scholarship for Liberia Students 2023/2024.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.