The Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology is based in Africa, as a matter of fact in Kenya.
This is a top led initiative, where scientists and reseachers come together with the same goal towards strengthening skills located in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. The missiosn is to hopefully further socio-economic transformation in all sub-Saharan African areas.
The Regional Scholarship and Innovation Fund or in it’s abbreviated form RSIF. RSIF became a flagship program. This means the foundation or fund ended up creating a Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology. RSIF only focuses on transformative technologies that present and have shown with evidence a far-reaching positive impact on society. The original funding comes from the contributions either from African governments, the World Bank and the Government of Korea and facilitated by the International Center of Insect Physiology and Ecology in Nairobi, Kenya.
But what are the objectives or mission statement of the Partnership for skills in Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology? Well we will answer that below:
One, is to help create an incredible high amount of highly skilled scientists, world renowned professionals, and hopeful innovators in within the applied science technology areas.
Secondly, the primary aim to help identify with young talented African students who wish to further their studies. Then to help nurture the pursued fiedl study towards an applied science field were, at the current moment and future pretense all expertise is needed most.
Thirdly, all to address the known imbalances when it comes to the number of women and disadvantaged groups within the applied science sector or fields in Africa.
Fourth, it’s to help and initaiate the build of an African university, to bring population capacity to provide relevant and needed training. This will ensure continued investment in scaling up the ladder of applied technology and even level within the education and workforce sphere.
Current projects that are taking place include:
- Do-It-Yourself Adaptation: New Pathways for Community Flood Risk Communication
- Capacity Building for University-Industry Business Technology Transfer
- Building Resilient Agribusiness Practitioners through Design Thinking Approach
- From Research to Markets: Strengthening the Innovation Capacity of AUSTInspire
- Thematic Areas: Minerals, mining and materials engineering
- Thematic Area: Climate change
- Real time Assessment of the indoor air pollution in Sub-Saharan households (Case study: Rwanda rural and urban areas)
- Thematic Area: ICTs including big data and artiﬁcial intelligence
- Food security and agribusiness
- Renewable Energy
- And many more are available to browse on the foundation website
- This is along-term duration scholarship which lasts at a minimum of 3 years but can last to a maximum of 5 years. This means the student should be able to describe or show tenacity.
- The only applicants that can apply for this high end scholarship is only individuals who are citizens of Mozambique or Senegal.
- Students should be working towards their Ph.D. in selected field studies, primarily within science.
- The recipents will been shown how they can intern for certain companies, as well as becoming a part of a huge growing network of new leaders that are currently showcasing research in select field studies.
- All scholars of this foundation has access to all RSIF competitive research grants/scholarships.
- Students should be ready to train in their field for required work-study opportunities.
- Students that are applying cannot hold a separate Ph.D.
- All applicants will need to explain and show in detail their research goals, which need to be in alignment with the Priority Thematic Areas.
The biggest requirements for this scholarship is time and dedication, this scholarship asks their recipents to be full-time students working towards a Ph.D. That means since this scholarship covers every corner of any finicially possibility. The student must be a full-time student, otherwise they could lose a portion of their full coverage scholarship.
How to Apply
The only way to apply and to securely submit a scholaship application is through the website linke provided on this website, through the online scholarship web portal.
There should be no mailing in of this application or printing out.
Reward – Extra Benefits
What does this scholarship cover? Literally, everything. This scholarship covers university tuition and related fees, competitive stipend to cover living expenses, travel, medical insurance, and research costs. Also, if any additional costs show up as fees of any sort, they will be taken care of by the scholarship.
The official deadline date is March 31, 2022. Which is soon approaching and that means the open submission window time frame is happening right now. Students can start to submit their application and all the needed documents and official papers needed to secure a students admissions and application.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is open from January 2022 to March 31, 2022. This means the best time to submit an applicationis between this time period. If the student cannot submit their application for the 2022/2024 school year (the scholarship is a 3-4 year scholarship, so it’s every other year a student may have to wait to submit if they have missed a year).
All students should check with the original website link (which is shared on this page) to access any news or deadline information for this specific scholarship. If there happens to be any questions a student may have, they should first check the ‘FAQs’ section from the original scholarship website link.
However, if a student has a question that has not be answered, they can use the e-mail address that is available in the contact section.
For all Ph.D. students there will be nearly unlimited access using the website link that is provided, to look through grants, research, become part of work-study projects, and more.
This is an annual Ph.D. scholarship that selects only a handful of students per year to become the recipent of this incredible opportunity.
All students that wish to enter this scholarship should already be working towards a Ph.D. that is revelavant to a study field provided by this foundation and institute. If the student is not a great fit for the guidelines provided, then they should not apply.