The Berklee School of Music is an entirely different type of college. This university is dedicated to the top academic musicians from around the world. This is a higher education institution that scouts out the most talented individuals who would not only be exceptional at their school or excel while attending.
There is a rigorous selection process when it comes to new student admissions. Students that want to attend Berklee will need to audition.
Although, any student that is pursuing a Bachelor of Arts, does not need to audition. Instead, they will complete an online interview application process.
While this Presidential Scholarship offers full tuition coverage for the duration of a single academic year, that means the first year will cover around $50,000 USD. $46,000 is the natural tuition cost at Berklee but excess fees will be covered as well.
- When it comes down to applying for a spot within Berklee’s extensive Bachelor of Music course, a student applying for admissions is required to perform a live audition followed by an introductory interview. This is certainly a unique audition and interview process but this allows the committee panel to become more informed about who the student is as an artist. All the while the committee can assess the student’s current level of musicianship.
- The student (while conducting the interview and audition) while be monitored to see how they react in a community setting. This means by taking criticism and praise.
- The student applying for admission should have incredible knowledge on music theory and know how to play an instrument.
- All international students are asked to apply if they fit the eligibility and requirements.
- Students at Berklee do perform in front of audience’s on a regular basis, this is a requirement students will have to perform on a routine basis.
The most important requirements are those that involve the student knowing how to read music, a bit of music theory, and can play an instrument. If a student does not know any of the mentioned points, they most likely should not apply.
Students must apply for Berklee admissions, because if a student decides to send in the application for this scholarship without being enrolled to Berklee, then the application will be ignored.
Berklee School of Music is a highly regarded institution that has paved the way to musicians to receive high honoring degrees. Students will have to follow strict guidelines to keep their scholarships for their duration.
How to Apply
The application process that involves the Bachelor of Music audition and interview will go along as such:
- Student will be sent a schedule for when the audition time is set.
- That student should arrive or be online at least half an hour before the actual set time.
- The entire process will last 1 hour.
- The interview is only 15 minutes.
- The audition is 15 minutes.
- The student will be guided throughout the audition process and this process is based on where the student is on the musicianship scale. Also, it is noted that the committee does not expect the student to know advanced theory.
Students can choose a preferred place to audition or online.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The total reward for this scholarship is a 100% tuition coverage for the first year attending Berklee. All applicants will be able to notified if they are an eligible fit when applying for admissions beforehand.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline date is when the student submits their application and books a set day and time to preform the audition. This can vary between July and August 2023.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window is quite narrow, students should send in their application before July 2023, but the open time frame is from March to July 2023.
A student may be able to schedule a different date if they work with the committee panel. If a student needs to take time off for any medical emergency, then arrangements will be made so the student can still have their scholarship and take the necessary time off.
If the student decides to quit Berklee before their scholarship duration time is up, then that student may have to pay back a percentage of the $50,000 tuition.
Annual and Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that students can apply for each year. This is not a renewable scholarship since this scholarship also acts as an entrance opportunity. This means that an entrance scholarship will cover full tuition for a single year.
However, students can apply to other scholarships that are given out by Berklee School of Music while they are already enrolled at the higher education institution. If a student wins another scholarship while working through this one, there will be no reductions or retractions of said scholarships.