The Crown Prince International Scholarship Program is more so international for students or citizens of Bahrain who either attend school outside of the country or wish to attend a higher education ministry.
The program which can be abbreviated to CRISP was curated in 1999 and was created to aspire and help the Bahraini state to exceed towards a common goal.
Currenty, the reason this scholarship is possible and the funding comes from the HRH Prince Salman and various local and international sponsoring organizations and individuals who share HRH’s vision of equipping outstanding young Bahrainis with every potential possible.
Individuals who want to be extra sure that they will be picked as a recipient should be within these test scores:
- BSc in Aviation Management and Organizational Leadership
- BSc in Business Administration – Finance and International Relations
- BSc in MORSE: Mathematics, Operational Research, Statistics, and Economics
- BSc Chemical & Biological Engineering
- BSc in Economics
- BSc in Accounting and Finance
- BSc Philosophy and Economics
- BSc Hons Management: Innovation, Sustainability and Entrepreneurship
- BSc in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- This scholarship is strictly for Bahraini citizenship individuals only. No international students will be accepted as a recipient.
- Students will need to show that they have an outstanding academic record. Their grade point average will need to be within the top 97% of high school or equivalent graduates.
- Essentially, this scholarship is for students in the 10th grade or an equivalent grade.
- The academic record should record the entire 1st semester, this is the grading the judging council will go on when choosing a recipient.
- Students that have a Bahraini citizenship but are attending school outside of Bahrain can apply.
The biggest and more important requirements is that the student in primarily in the 11th grade and a Bahraini citizen. Or at least has a Bahraini citizenship. But that student must fill out their own application, they may have help from a family member or friend, but essentially the student must fill out everything themself.
The student must present a copy of their transcript from the 1st semester of their 11th grade year. There are potential spots open for 10th and 12th graders, who would need to follow the same rules. Such as, creating a copy of their transcripts showcasing their academic grades from their 1st semester of that current year.
How to Apply
On the application form for students who intend on attending should be Bahraini citizenship or have obtained a Bahraini citizenship.
Now, students will be contacted if they have met all of the application criteria, including students studying outside of Bahrain. These students will then be invited to take a series of qualifying tests to assess their English language skills and critical reasoning abilities.
This also means students will need to have excellent English language skills beforehand. So it is best that the student who applies already has a great grasp on the English language.
Critical reasoning abilities is considered an individual who shows tremendous strength with problem solving and leadership skills. If a student has had prior volunteer work that showcases this, it would be best if they describe so on their application form.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The process of elimination for what student will become a recipient depends on these factors:
- Bahraini students who are currently in grade 10, 11, or 12 and who have an approved gap year from the Bahrain Ministry of Education
- Students who are currently studying abroad in grade 10, 11, or 12
- Students who are required to return to attend grade 11 in Bahrain Ministry of Education schools the next school year to fulfill their education requirements
- Students should not apply for the scholarship until they are either in grade 11 or will shortly becoming an 11th grader. Although there are possible spots for 10th and 12th graders.
- If students are studying abroad as a MOE student, they will apply during the time frame of the application process of their grade 11 Ministry of Education school year. So students should follow the guidelines that are present on the website to ensure they are eligible enough to be considered a candidate.
This is a full coverage scholarship in Bahrain. That means all of the tuition is covered by this scholarship award. And the award amount can only be used for educational purposes.
The official deadline date is March 17, 2022. Now this is the only deadline date mentioned so if students cannot make this deadline they should use the e-mail in the contact section to ask for further assistance. Otherwise, students will have to wait until the 2023 academic year and may miss out if they go past the 11th or 12th grade.
Nearly around 50 plus students are chosen per year to receive this scholarship award.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is from March 1 to 17, 2022. This open window is only 17 days long and that means students will need to quickly reassess their academic record and submit the application to be considered eligible.
There is no deferred possibility with this scholarship.
This is an annual scholarship that happens once a year but many students are awarded.
However, all students should consider checking the website frequently to ensure of any changes that may of occurred. Normally, students will receive a newsletter or e-mail from their respective school about any deadline changes, cancellations, or delays that may happen. Although it is the responsibility of the student to follow the rules and guidelines that cover a variety of questions and statistics. Students should take it upon themselves to contact the e-mail if they need further assistance.