This is a private foundation that bestowed a generous amount of funding to the Memorial University of Newfoundland. Anthony Insurance donated a huge amount of award coverage to memorialize Robert C. Anthony.
Anthony’s Insurance has over 16 offices throughout Labrador and New Foundland. These locations are St. Anthony, Carbonear, Clarenville, Corner Brook, Botwood, Gander, Grand Falls-Windsor, Lead Cove, Stephenville, St. John’s, and Whitbourne.
This private sponsor is looking to help students who an in need of access to funding to promote and encourage their higher education.
Academics available at the Memorial University of Newfoundland includes:
- Primary Education
- Special Education
- Adult Learning
- Human Kinetics and Recreation
- Physical Education
- Social Work
- Marine Science
This is not a complete list of all of the available academic programs.
- This scholarship is looking for a student who best fits the subject of being financially in need. Students will need to show that they may not be able to cover a certain amount.
- It is not stated if the student should be a Canadian citizen however, there is the implication that this is in fact true. Students should contact the email address listed in the contact section to make sure if international students are indeed applicable.
- High school graduates or undergraduates are the only students eligible for this opportunity. There is mention of international students should pay the full foreign undergraduate fee to possibly be considered.
- Students will need to register for a minimum of 9 credit hours for the semesters.
- There is an English Language requirement needed to study at Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- Candidates need to be attending or recently admitted to Memorial University of Newfoundland.
- There is no age-limit or requirement for this scholarship application.
- Students are deemed entered into the scholarship after they receive their undergraduate programs.
The requirements of this scholarship application includes students having the other college fees paid for when they applying for this scholarship.
Once students have secured their undergraduate program from the Memorial University, then students can actively send in their scholarship application. Afterwards, students can send in an application although they will be already considered for this entrance scholarship once they are considered applicable.
How to Apply
The only way to apply if through the link provided that is attached to this article. Along with having the required admission acceptance letter from Memorial University of Newfoundland. This is a huge requirement that students will need to show as proof of evidence while applying for the Anthony Insurance scholarship.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This scholarship will cover all expenses for one semester. That means half of the student’s first year is completely paid in full. While the second half will be paid for by the student themselves.
The full amount awarded does differ based on how much the field subject costs for a semester course.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline date is the same deadline date as the admissions of the Memorial University of Newfoundland. These are the available deadlines for students who are being admitted to Memorial University or Newfoundland:
The dates are as follows: September 1, 2023, February 1, 2023, April 30, 2023. With the 2022 admission year being passed, students will need to apply for the 2023 school year as an undergraduate.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame will be from November 2022 to the first deadline date of February 1, 2023.
There is no mention of students being full-time or part-time students as long as the acquire the needed credits that will allow students to be deemed eligible.
Students should read through the requirements and eligibility standards to attend Memorial University of Newfoundland. Before attempting to send in their information to receive an application. Because students technically do not need to apply with an application after they have received their undergraduate program. Although students can send in their application if they wish to present more information if they want.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that has become a bit more competitive over the years. Because of the high volume of applications that are sent in. This is not a renewable scholarship and it is not stated if the same recipient who won the year before can apply again.
Since this is for undergraduate students only, that means master’s and postdoctorate students are not eligible to apply.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.