Scholarships for Ecuadorians dedicated to teaching and with demonstrated academic and professional excellence who want to pursue a postgraduate degree in the United States.
Scholarships for Ecuadorians dedicated to teaching and with demonstrated academic and professional excellence who want to pursue a postgraduate degree in the United States are offered by the Fulbright Development Program for University Professors, whose purpose is to foster mutual understanding and friendship between the United States and Ecuador through academic exchange.
This program provides scholarships for postgraduate studies (master’s/doctorate) in the United States to university professors with demonstrated academic and professional excellence.
Since the candidates for this program are nominated by Ecuadorian universities, the selected fellows must be committed to contributing to the development of their sponsoring institution and the country, once they have obtained their degree.
The contest is a nationwide open competition.
Candidates will be considered regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, country of birth (as long as they have Ecuadorian citizenship), age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, whether or not they have dependents (spouse and/or children), protected genetic information or sexual orientation.
APPLICATION OF THE CANDIDATES
The universities send to the Fulbright Commission the names of the candidates nominated for the program. Nominated candidates are notified of the nomination and are instructed to complete the application form.
The pre-selection of the applicants is based on the evaluation of the documentation presented by the candidate, their study objectives, and the results of the tests.
The Fulbright Commission will contact shortlisted candidates for the interview phase.
INTERVIEW: Each candidate is interviewed by a panel. During the interview, the candidate has the opportunity to express her academic and personal goals.
ORIENTATION: All Fulbright Scholars and their dependents must participate in an orientation prior to travel.
The Fulbright Program will review the essays provided by the applicants to verify that there is no evidence of plagiarism in them.
Be sure to properly cite any primary sources you use in your writing.
OTHER ASPECTS TO CONSIDER
Once you have completed your studies, you must return to Ecuador for 2 full calendar years.
It is the policy of the Board of Directors of the J. William Fulbright Scholarship Program for Foreigners not to disclose to the applicant, third parties, or the general public, the specific reasons for the selection or non-selection of applicants for scholarships under the program.
1. The scholarship covers living expenses, books, round trip tickets, and supplemental medical insurance for the scholarship recipient only.
2. Tuition costs will be covered by scholarships awarded by the universities based on the academic merit of the applicant.
3. The scholarship may include a full-time intensive English course in the United States before the start of academic studies.
a. The Fulbright Commission of Ecuador will finance the selected candidates, with the support of North American universities, for a maximum of two years.
b. The selected candidate must demonstrate that she has sufficient funds (other scholarships, loans, or self-financing) to cover the additional costs and differences of her studies in the United States.
- 2022-02-11: Deadline for the application of candidates for the Fulbright Scholarship Program for University Teachers.
- 2022-04-19: Closing of the Call: Deadline to send application
- 2022-06-20: Start of interviews, until June 27. Only shortlisted individuals will be invited for interviews.
- 2022-07-04: Announcement of contest results
- 2022-07-28: First Orientation for Cohort 2023 (mandatory attendance)
Physics Postdoctoral Scholarship Chalmers at University of Technology, Sweden
Chalmers University of Technology Offers Postdoctoral Fellowship in Fusion Plasma Physics; for successful international students. Academic session 2022/2023.
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish university devoted primarily to technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, the sea, and other management-related research and education.
It strives to generate and distribute information, skills, and solutions that benefit everyone. The university offers a variety of experimental, computational, methodological, and theoretical challenges in fields ranging from fundamental and materials physics to nanotechnology and energy research.
- The scholarship offers temporary full-time employment for up to 2 years along with a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and access to world-class facilities and infrastructure.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, medical insurance, or study materials.
The degree to Receive: Postdoctorate
Place of Study: Sweden
Offeror: Chalmers Technological University
Application Deadline: 03/31/2022
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Post-Doc in Fusion Plasma Physics.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in physics or a related area, strong mathematical and numerical skills, and previous experience in plasma physics (magnetic fusion preferred). The successful candidate is expected to interact closely with members of the research group.
- Position requires strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- To apply for the postdoctoral position, candidates must obtain a Ph.D. from the university. After that, they can apply through the online application form for this funding opportunity.
- Students must submit the following documents: Certified copies of completed education, transcripts, and other certificates; Personal letter; CV
- To take admission, candidates must have a degree from the previous year from a recognized university.
- Applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or higher than the Swedish Upper Secondary School English 6 course. An internationally recognized proof of English is accepted.