This university also goes by a shorter name titled UVI. However, The University of the Virgin Islands is located within the Caribbean. Since this university is literally situated in a popular vacation spot this becomes a huge part of the reason why multiple students would attend this university.
This unveristy offers excellent and exceptional programs where future leaders have completed their schooling at The University of the Virgin Islands. This university has been named in 2021 as one of the top global and best institutions to attend to increase a higher chance at being successful in one’s career.
Originally founded in 1960s, the university became known as a public, both male and female student school, located within the United States Virgin Islands. Nearly around 3,000 students are currently attending the two main campus areas: the two campuses are the Albert A. Sheen Campus and the Orville E. Kean Campus. Both are located in different areas and not connected through a single building. The institution offers 47 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across its five colleges and schools.
In an incredible turn of events in 2017, the university started to offer online degree courses while being able to take part in this scholarship to apply for a free tuition credit.
These online degrees are afford through UVI are listed below:
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Bachelor of Arts – Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Associate of Arts in Engineering Management Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate of Science in Electronics and Computer Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Arts Financial Planning
- Associate of Science – Applied Computing
- Bachelor of Science – Applied Computing
- Master of Science in Leadership
- Master of Business Administration
Since it has been required by the United States government to offer college degree courses online, The University of the Virgin Islands has jumped on board to provide those online choices.
In the most fantastic way, this university exists in a tropical environment, where a lot of students can be offered several outdoor activities to enjoy. Also, The University of the Virgin Islands has been nominated with multiple awards for providing a stress-free calm atmosphere where students can pursue full-time studying while receiving a free tuition.
The University of the Virgin Islands has provided more than 7,000 alumni who have gone on to become well-known physicians, attorneys, judges, politicians, university administrators, teachers, nurses and others that go on to improve the world. There are an accomplished former The University of the Virgin Islands students are two Rhodes Scholars and a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist.
- First and foremost, students that want to apply for this scholarship need to fill out and apply for financial aid first.
- This scholarship is available to award both graduate and undergraduate students.
- For high school students to apply: These students will need to submit their grade point average and a letter of recommendation.
- For undergraduate students to apply: Must be a continuing student at this university and has at least 12 credits. Along with an average or minimum of 2.5 grade point average. The student must either be a Untied States Citizen, Permanent Resident, or F-1 International Student. And undergraduate students need to be a full-time student.
- For graduate students: Students must have or hold 6 credits while attending UVI, must hold an average minimum of 3.5 grade point average, has to be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident, or F-1 International Student, along with being a full-time student.
- However, some students that qualify may need to hold a higher qualifying grade point average of 3.0 or 4.0.
- Graduate, undergraduate and high school students are eligible to apply for this UVI scholarship.
- Both male and female students are eligible to apply.
All students should know that the University of the Virgin Islands Scholarship Committee offers scholarships to new freshmen, current, transfer, graduate and international students. And that is what this scholarship(s) page is about.
For domestic students: Provide grade point average, transcripts, and show that the student is a full-time resident of the U.S.
For international students: Provide grade point average, transcripts, transfer documents, student visa and appropriate documents to show that attendance is occurring.
This is a free tuition scholarship which means students should always follow the guidelines to keep within the rules.
How to Apply
All applicants will need to fill out the scholarship application form and provide basic information such as:
- Full name
- UVI student number
- Current address
- Current residency
- Current phone number
- Current and active e-mail address
- Citizenship status
- Number of credits collected
- Field study
- Must provide a few essay answers depicting what goals or aspirations the student is planning on achieving
All applicants should follow the steps when applying for this scholarship. That means applications will only be accepted when they are submitted electronically. Along with including only one letter of recommendation. All of these together must be submitted as a PDF file to the provided contact e-mail on this page.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward benefit for this scholarship is free tuition! Any applicants that are chosen will be able to receive a full free tuition without any excess fees.
Not included: accommodation, monthly allowance, or health insurance.
The current deadline for all participants to apply is March 1, 2022.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The current open submission window time frame is open right now until March 1, 2022. However, students should understand that they should submit their application form now instead of waiting until the very last minute. The general open window submission for this scholarship begins in January of this year (2022) and lasts until the deadline date of March 1, 2022.
This is an annual scholarship that is for graduates, undergraduates, transfer students, and high school students.
All applicants shuold check the website that is linked on this page for further details and to actually apply for this scholarship. All students with questions should contact the email that is listed within the contact section provided on this page.