To embark on your educational journey at Franklin Pierce University, you must first extensively research the institution. This voyage of knowledge will equip you with the essential insights you need to determine if this university is the right fit for your academic aspirations. In this article, I’ll be your guide, unveiling all the critical details about Franklin Pierce University, ranging from its admission process, educational programs, tuition costs, rankings, and the enticing array of scholarships available.
Table of Contents:
- About Franklin Pierce University
- Franklin Pierce University Address
- Admission Requirements for Franklin Pierce University
- Franklin Pierce University Acceptance Rate
- Academic Programs at Franklin Pierce University
- Tuition Costs at Franklin Pierce University
- Graduate Programs: MBA, MEd, MSN, and MS Accounting
- Scholarships Offered at Franklin Pierce University
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- How to Apply for Scholarships at Franklin University
- Steps to Take
- Student Life at the University
- Ranking of Franklin Pierce University
- References and Recommendations
About Franklin Pierce University
Nestled in Rindge, New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce University has been illuminating the path of education since its establishment in 1962. This private university earned its university status in 2007 and proudly holds accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Set against the picturesque backdrop of Pearly Pond and just a stone’s throw away from Mount Monadnock, the university’s campus sprawls over 1,200 acres.
Franklin Pierce University offers a diverse array of subjects for students to explore, encompassing arts, sciences, business administration, education, nursing, physical therapy, and physician assistant studies. The institution also operates the College of Graduate and Professional Studies, with campuses in Manchester, Portsmouth, and Lebanon, New Hampshire, as well as Goodyear, Arizona. The College at Rindge houses three institutes: the Marlin Fitzwater Center for Communication, the Monadnock Institute of Nature, Place, and Culture, and the New England Center for Civic Life.
Franklin Pierce University Address: The university has four campuses, each located at different locations:
- Main Campus: Franklin Pierce University 40 University Drive Rindge, NH 03461-0060
- Franklin Pierce at Manchester: 670 North Commercial Street Center Tower, Third Floor Manchester, NH 03101
- Franklin Pierce at Lebanon: 24 Airport Road, Suite 19 West Lebanon, NH 03784
- Franklin Pierce at Goodyear, Arizona: 14455 West Van Buren Street Building A, Suite 100 Goodyear, AZ 85338
Admission Requirements for Franklin Pierce University
Just like any institution, Franklin University has its admission process and requirements that must be adhered to by all applicants seeking to gain entry.
The journey begins with the submission of an Application Form. In this application, you are expected to provide accurate information about yourself. Admission at Franklin Pierce University is evaluated based on the students’ potential and drive to succeed. Therefore, your application should be a genuine reflection of who you are, both inside and outside the classroom.
Other essential requirements include:
- High School Coursework: Your high school coursework and high grades are highly valued and can enhance your chances of admission. You should have a minimum of 16 units of high school coursework, with credits in English, Mathematics, Laboratory Sciences, Social Sciences, and Electives combined.
- Official Transcripts: You must submit official transcripts, including your high school record and senior year first-quarter grades.
- Standardized Test Scores: While most applicants are not required to submit standardized test scores, exceptions apply. NCAA Division II student-athletes and those using the Doctor in Physical Therapy Direct Admit Program must provide these scores.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: You are required to submit at least one letter of recommendation from a school counselor or academic teacher. Additional letters supporting your achievements and personal character can also be included.
- Essay/Writing Sample: A piece of a minimum of 250 words is mandatory. You have the choice to discuss a significant personal experience, a local or national issue that matters to you, a person who has profoundly influenced your life, or another relevant topic.
Franklin Pierce University Acceptance Rate:
Franklin Pierce University offers its students a conducive learning environment that fosters personal development. As a result, the university boasts an acceptance rate of 66%.
Academic Programs at Franklin Pierce University: Franklin Pierce University offers a wide range of undergraduate programs spanning arts, sciences, and professional disciplines. Additionally, the institution provides master’s degrees, doctoral degrees, and graduate certificate programs in business, education, and health sciences.
Tuition Costs at Franklin Pierce University
Tuition costs at Franklin University vary based on the degree program and level you intend to pursue. For undergraduate students, the yearly breakdown includes tuition, room and board, administrative fees, and other expenses. The specific figures can vary, and it’s recommended to refer to the official website for precise and up-to-date information.
Graduate programs, including MBA, MEd, MSN, and MS Accounting, are typically priced per credit, making tuition costs flexible depending on the courses taken.
Scholarships Offered at Franklin Pierce University
One of the most exciting aspects of Franklin Pierce University is the array of scholarships available, making it possible for students to pursue their education with reduced financial burdens. These scholarships come in the form of grants, scholarships, and fellowship programs. Nearly 90% of students at the university currently benefit from these financial aids.
Some of the scholarships include:
- Alumni Association Scholarship
- General Scholarship Application
- Jessica Marulli Scholarship
- Non-affiliated Scholarships
- Merit Scholarships
Let’s delve into the Merit Scholarships:
- Presidential Scholarship: Valued at $29,000 per year.
- Provost Scholarship: Awarding $28,000 per year.
- Trustee Scholarship: Providing $28,000 per year.
- Dean’s Scholarship: Amounting to $27,000 per year.
- Success Grant: Offering $25,000 per year.
- Incentive Grant: Extending $17,000 per year.
How to Apply for Scholarships at Franklin University
To apply for scholarships at the university, you must complete the financial aid application process. Start by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, ensuring to include Franklin Pierce University’s School Code: 002575 in your application. The Office of Student Financial Services will review your data and customize a financial aid package for you based on your eligibility for federal, state, and university sources of financial assistance.
Steps to Take: Here’s a step-by-step guide for submitting your Financial Aid Application:
- Log in to CampusWeb using your Franklin Pierce email username and password.
- Go to the Billing/Financial Aid portal.
- Click on “Check Financial Aid Award Info at NetPartner” to access the Financial Aid page.
- Click on “CGPS Financial Aid Application” and choose your academic program from the drop-down box.
- Fill in the number of credits for each term of anticipated enrollment.
- Click “Submit.”
Student Life at the University
Currently, Franklin Pierce University enrolls over 2,200 students, with approximately 90% of them choosing to reside on campus. The university offers a plethora of opportunities and programs to enrich student life. The scenic surroundings include views of mountains and Pearly Reservoir, where students can enjoy kayaking, canoeing, and sail boating, all free of charge.
Moreover, students have access to a wide range of activities, including concerts, guest speakers, and other events held throughout the year in Pierce Hall. The university also organizes trips and tours for students, offering diverse off-campus experiences such as shopping in Providence, cave exploration, deep-sea fishing, and indoor parachuting, to name a few. Excursions to cities like Boston, Hartford, and Manchester add further richness to the student experience.
Ranking of Franklin Pierce University
According to USNews.com, Franklin Pierce University is ranked among the top colleges in the Regional Universities North category, ranking between #136 and #176. It also earns recognition as #139 in Top Performers in Social Mobility.
Timeshighereducation.com ranked the university at #600 among US colleges in 2021.
In Conclusion, This comprehensive guide provides the essential knowledge you need to make an informed decision about your academic journey at Franklin Pierce University. Remember that thorough research is your first step towards success, and I hope this information has equipped you for the exciting adventure ahead.