We are pleased to announce that applications for a PhD scholarship at Flinders University in Adelaide, Australia, which includes full funding, are now being accepted. The successful candidate will be supervised by Dr. Alice Clement and Prof. John Long while they work on the ARC-funded project entitled “The Devonian Gogo Fauna: Diversity, Palaeoecology, and Global Significance.”
This project will identify the total Gogo biota diversity using new and undescribed material in order to reconstruct the ancient reef ecosystem, determine its trophic hierarchies using direct evidence from stomach contents, and test the resilience of the reef ecosystem to change, based on comparisons to other fossil and modern reef faunas in Australia and elsewhere. Specifically, this project will identify the total diversity of the Gogo biota. This is a one-of-a-kind effort that brings together specialists in vertebrate and invertebrate palaeontology to work together on a holistic solution to the challenge employing the full fauna. The student will receive the chance to travel to view additional Gogo material in museum collections in Perth and Melbourne, as well as perform fieldwork and share the results of their study at both national and international conferences.
About the Scholarship:
Foresightful and student-centered, Flinders University stands shoulder to shoulder with the world’s best educational institutions. At Flinders, students are urged to “seize the day” and make the most out of every opportunity. Everything you need to do well in school is available here on campus. When it comes to universities, Flinders University can stand on its own. had graduated from a top school where they were either first or second in their class. Flinders University is home to some of the universe’s most brilliant brains. Initiating fresh ideas and coming up with original concepts calls for an inquisitive, imaginative, and bold character. With this newfound knowledge, you may make a well-informed decision about attending Flinders. It’s quite an honor to have your business recognized as Australia’s greatest employer of recent college graduates. Our degrees are so well regarded that many of our graduates go on to instruct, mentor, and lead practicums. This is due to the high regard with which our credentials are held. Flinders University is ranked by Times Higher Education as the 271st best university in the world and the 43rd best university in Asia and the Pacific. The definitive ranking of the best universities throughout the world has been updated for 2020. Our mission is to expand our company’s positive worldwide effect by strengthening our relationships to the communities where we do business and by collaborating with international groups that are addressing critical issues in areas such as education and scientific research.
Since its inception, Flinders University’s degree programs have been widely regarded as among the best in the world. Graduates from these prestigious schools have excellent employment opportunities. Several successful businesses have their origins at Australia’s Flinders University. Interning at one of these companies could be a fantastic opportunity to learn about cutting-edge business strategies. Most of Flinders University’s infrastructure is located in the heart of Adelaide’s bustling central business district. places conveniently close to Bedford Park. The hotel’s location, close to both the beach and the city’s business core, is sure to please guests. The Plaza and Student Center budgets are included in this report. The tower will serve as shared office space for a variety of companies. There are a lot of unique shops and events in Flinders Village. Flinders University provides its students with a high-quality education due in large part to the liberal arts education they receive.
International students at Flinders University can take advantage of a wide range of orientation and orientation-related programs designed to ease their transition to life in Adelaide and Australia. We maintain frequent communication with international students even after orientation has concluded. Our overseas students are very likely to sing our praises: 90% say they would refer us to a friend or colleague. Once the new Flinders Village station and line are finished in 2020, the University of Adelaide’s Flinders Medical Centre will be significantly easier to reach. Easy access to the Flinders Medical Centre will make trips there more convenient. Your daily commute time can be reduced by 22 minutes if you are able to both live and work in the same central business district. Possible time and energy savings are discussed. The Bedford Park campus of Flinders University is located about 12 kilometers south of Adelaide’s central business district. The city and port may be seen in the distance.
Lake and native Australian flora and fauna contrast dramatically with the nearby skyscrapers. It’s likely that the beautiful and convenient Bedford Park district of Adelaide is where you’ll find Flinders University. Adelaide has a much cheaper cost of living compared to other big cities. When citing this article, please use either “(2016 World Liveability Report)” or “(2016 World Liveability Report)”. Flinders University places a premium on student-initiated research and development. Counselors and financial aid experts are available to students at Flinders University to assist them in making important decisions including choosing a major and setting achievable, long-term objectives. After the New Flinders Rail Station opens in 2020, getting around town and to the Tonsley innovation zone will be much easier. Recent construction has significantly enlarged Flinders Village’s commercial core.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $33,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The following are part of the scholarship:
- A tax-free allowance with an annual value of $33,000 (2023 rate), paid out monthly.
- The scholarship will be given out for a total of three years.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- A student must fulfill the following requirements in order to be considered for the awarding of this scholarship:
- Have an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or equivalent qualification (at least AQF Level 8), including a research component of at least 6 months full-time study achieving Distinction (75%) OR including evidence of equivalent research experience, such as a substantial first-author refereed publication
- Be an Australian citizen, or a citizen of New Zealand;
- or have been granted permanent resident status or are international citizens.be available to begin studies for a doctoral degree at Flinders University in the first semester of 2024 as a full-time student.
- The following kinds of knowledge and experience are desirable:
- A comprehensive understanding of the anatomy, evolution, biomechanics, and classification of vertebrates, with a focus on early vertebrates.
- Competence in the manipulation and management of 3D and massive data sets
Previous publication of an essay that was subjected to peer review in an academic journal
The Flinders University 2023 Ph.D. Scholarship: In Early Vertebrate Evolution, Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant is open to all International Students
The University of Prince Edward Island has conceived of a captivating and wide-open avenue for bright and deserving international students to fund their education. For the 2022–2023 school year, the International Entrance Awards will be given out.
- It is strongly recommended that those interested in applying for the scholarship get in touch with the Project Director, Dr. Clement, via email prior to submitting an application for the opportunity so that they can discuss their level of interest as well as their qualifications.
- The person in charge of the project can ask you to submit an application and ask for (insert any necessary documents you might need) a copy of your resume together with a cover letter that describes your relevant qualifications, experience, and research experience, as well as your reasons for wanting to receive the scholarship.Both the application for admission and the application for the scholarship will be handled in a distinct manner; applications for admission to candidacy are to be filed electronically.
- Applicants to the scholarship opportunity who have not already applied for admission to a relevant HDR course are required to do so in addition to their scholarship application.
- You can obtain information on how to submit an application for admission by going to the following website: https://www.flinders.edu.au/study/apply/apply-research-degree/how-to-apply.
- Please contact the following individuals if you would want any additional information regarding this scholarship opportunity:
- Dr Alice ClementAssociate
- [email protected]
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Ph.D. Scholarship: In Early Vertebrate Evolution, Australian Research Council (ARC) Discovery Grant is July 31, 2023.