The goal of this scholarship program is to award a $1000 scholarship to an industrial design/related university or college student to help pay for tuition, computers, books, housing, and other school expenses.
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and must be legal residents of Australia or the U. S., or bearers of a valid student visa. Students must be accepted or enrolled into a full-time undergraduate or graduate course at a recognized college or university in the U. S. or Australia. A response to a given prompt will be required in the form of an essay.
The deadline for applications is December 31, 2022.
For more information on how to apply, read the information below.
What is the point of giving out this scholarship?
Many university students’ outlooks and future prospects have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Some students have had to postpone their graduations because of canceled internships or company layoffs/furloughs, while others have lost their employment and are unable to continue their studies at all given the economic slump.
This award is designed to ensure that the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators can cover costs such as tuition, counseling and mental health support, internet and other such expenses.
Undergraduate and graduate students who attend a recognized university or college in Australia or the United States are eligible for this grant. We don’t have any GPA requirements, and we don’t have any application forms. This is how we help people who wish to achieve their dreams via education.
Information on the scholarship
- Scholarship Name: FitMyCar $1,000 ‘Industrial Designers’ Scholarship Deadline: The deadline is December 31, 2022.
- Scholarship Value: $1,000
- Number of scholarships available: Only 1
- Topic: Design an essential car accessory of the not-so-distant future (5-10 years)
Criteria for Submission
- You must be a legal resident of Australia or the United States or a student with a valid visa.
- You must be accepted or enrolled into a full-time undergraduate or graduate degree at an approved college or university in the U. S. or Australia.
- You must be a student of industrial design or a related field.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
The application should clearly detail:
- -a overview of the new product
- -the targeted mass audience/end-user
- -installation instructions for use by a non-technical person
- -images of their design with annotations
- completed product designs on a human scale (person in design to assess ergonomics)
- -a variety of color options
- -descriptions of materials and textures
- -instructions for working parts or parts that need to be customized
- -considerations for the environment
The product should appeal to a real-world audience (consider households, pets, and SUVs), work in automobiles in the not-too-distant future (think prevailing EVs and self-driving cars), and be easy to install by a non-mechanical user.
How to Make an Application
Essays must be sent as a word document attachment to email@example.com, together with your full name, contact information, address, school name, and date of birth. “FitMyCar Uni $1,000 Study Scholarship | [Your Name]” should be the subject line.
Just one submission is permitted per applicant. You must be able to demonstrate your eligibility using the criteria listed above.
If you are selected as the winning candidate, you consent to allow FitMyCar to use your picture and personal data for marketing purposes.