The University of British Columbia offers four prestigious merits and need-based scholarship awards for the academic year of 2023-2024, the International Scholars Program will be offered to deserving international students who want to further their undergraduate degree in Canada.
Students won’t select which awards are they going to receive, the scholarship panel will be the one who will decide which award suits every student depending on their eligibility and needs.
What are the Four types of Scholarship Awards offered?
- Karen Mckellin International Leader of Tomorrow Awards
The award is to recognize undergraduate international students who can demonstrate their academic achievements, involvement in community services, and student affairs, exceptional leadership skills, and achievements recognized in another area.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Students Awards
The award is to recognize outstanding undergraduate international students from war-torn areas or impoverished countries who achieved academic awards, recognition, and excellence even under their challenging conditions and cannot attend to pursue their higher education because of financial barriers.
- International Impact
The award wil be offered to exceptional students who can express their commitments to social justice issues and solutions to climate change, societal health, wellness, equity and inclusion, and freedom of expression.
- Vantage One excellence Award
The award will be offered by the UBC Vantage College to the outstanding academically international students who don’t meet the English Language Admission Standards, the award will be valued to up to the full cost of the student’s academic program and living expenses.
Scholarship Provider: The University of British Columbia
About the Provider
The University of English Columbia is a worldwide community for educating, learning, and research, reliably positioned among the main 20 state-funded colleges in the world.
UBC embraces development and changes thoughts right into it. Beginning around 1915, UBC has been opening entryways of chance for individuals with the interest, drive, and vision to shape a superior world. UBC is among the best university all over the world. Their students, personnel, and staff have shown that our quest for greatness in picking up, educating, and researching is having an enduring and constructive outcome
About the International Scholars Program
UBC’s International Scholars are essential for the International Researchers Program, which offers the opportunity to:
- Procure a universally perceived degree at a top university
A UBC degree opens entryways and interfaces you to a tremendous graduated class network across the globe.
- Review with the most brilliant students in the world
You’ll join a local area of connected and steady youthful pioneers and review among the best and the most splendid. You and your kindred Researchers will improve UBC and the worldwide local area with your assorted points of view, serious contribution, and creative drives.
- Make the most of one-of-a-kind learning valuable open doors
You’ll approach various open doors inside and outside the homeroom that will enhance your university experience:
- Local area-based experiential learning tasks can assist you with applying your scholastic advantages to the requirements and issues of the neighborhood or worldwide local area.
- Yearly withdraws will assist you with interfacing with your local area while you plan for the year ahead and foster your leadership abilities.
- A yearly studio series will give leadership, local area advancement, profession readiness, and systems administration valuable open doors all through your certificate.
- Gatherings and celebratory occasions are facilitated all throughout every year to perceive your accomplishments and interface you to the Researcher’s people group nearby.
- Study-abroad exchange projects can take you to arising nations where you’ll address neighborhood challenges in wellbeing, horticulture, social framework, training, and manageable turn of events.
- Access is committed to promoting and support
You’ll be upheld by a group of devoted International Researchers Program guides all through your certificate, in addition to an organization of staff from across UBC’s resources and administrations who will empower your scholar, individual, and professional improvement.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field: Any eligible field offered by the university
- Number of Awards: Four
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Financial needs, tuition fee, and living expenses
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Must be an international student who wants to start their study in Canada with a Canadian Study Permit.
- You should enter UBC from a perceived optional school, or move from your post-optional school or another university.
- You probably moved on from secondary school no sooner than one year before the scholarly year you are applying to. For instance, candidates for 2023 unquestionably necessity moved on from secondary school no sooner than 2022.
- Must be applying for an undergraduate degree at the university.
- Can demonstrate their academic excellence.
- You should show evidence of financial need that would somehow keep you from chasing after a UBC degree. (UBC consequently thinks about all international students for the merit-based International Major Entrance Scholarships and Extraordinary International Studies Awards Scholarship, totaling a most extreme worth of $25,000 each year. On the off chance that this sum doesn’t cover your requirements for educational costs and fundamental everyday costs, you are qualified to apply for the International Researchers Program.)
- You should meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific prerequisites and the English Language Admission Standard.
The application for the academic year of 2023-2024 is now open, interested students must be able to follow the guideline of the application. The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the university.
It is important that before submitting the application, the students must review the application page for the International Scholars Program and gather all the information and documents needed to better support their application.
The University of British Columbia will provide the following awards to successful students.
- Tuition fee
- Living Expenses
- Other financial needs
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 1, 2022.