ISSO Scholarship Awards are awarded to eligible international students who can demonstrate their financial needs every semester. The ISSO awards are multiple scholarships with various financial funding for undergraduate or graduate students and a large portion of scholarship funds for International Students’ Tuition-fees.
Students can apply for the scholarship awards every fall and spring semester once they are eligible. ISSO Scholarships can possibly be awarded to eligible students in multiple awards, however, ISSO encourages the students to apply to all scholarships offered for which they will be eligible. The scholarship amount will vary and fluctuate annually. The amount of each scholarship offered for the academic year of 2023-2024 will be disclosed on the application form.
ISSO Awards List of Scholarships
- Global Scholars Award for Retention
- Tuition Assistance Grant
- International Incentive Scholarship
- Kennedy-Nehru Memorial Scholarship for the Promotion of International Understanding
- R. Howard and Hazel Kintzley Porter Memorial Scholarship
- Paik Kee Kim Memorial Scholarship
- Rosenfeld International Scholarship
- Marie and Binford Spencer International Scholarship
- John Hatsios and Andromache Tsandes Hatsios Award
- Mario Gutierrez Award
Keep in mind that the scholarship list can be awarded multiple times to eligible students.
Scholarship Provider: Iowa State University
About the Provider
Established in 1858, the Iowa State University of Science and Technology is a public land-award research college in Ames, Iowa, a huge one, at that. A universally eminent college positions 122nd across the country and 237th internationally, for the education of international students and leaders.
The university takes part in education that is given a worldwide perspective. The research led is additionally of global importance and offers the information to help Iowa, the country, and the world aggregately. The university is endeavoring to be a public and worldwide forerunner in guaranteeing deep-rooted student accomplishment through excellent education, experiential learning, and academic help.
The region most often utilized by international students, scholars, and their families is the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) situated on the Fourth Floor of the Memorial Association. The International Student Guides (ISA) working in ISSO help international students with the support of their movement status, and U.S. work guidelines, and offer service with cultural, social, monetary, and individual worries. Staff in the Researcher Unit of ISSO work with ISU divisions to carry scholars to grounds by planning migration reports, documenting movement petitions, and giving direction on business guidelines. These staff individuals additionally instruct scholars on upkeep regarding their movement status, and U.S. business guidelines, and offer help with social, social, monetary, and individual concerns.
The outcome of Iowa State’s learning networks program is broadly perceived and fills in as a model for different colleges. Partaking students perform better academically and interface all the more profoundly with the ground’s local area with the assistance of devoted personnel, staff, and friendly mentors.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and graduate
- Field: Any eligible fields offered by the university
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Awards will be given every semester
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Awards: Financial Needs
Interested applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarships:
- The international students must be holding a valid visa/or valid immigration status and have been at Iowa State University currently admitted in any of the eligible programs and degrees for a full academic year. Keep in mind that some scholarship offered by Iowa State University requires an F1 or J1 visa.
- The preference will be given to the students who can demonstrate their financial needs, ISSO characterizes financial need as a startling or undeniable change in funds that influences a student’s capacity to find lasting success in their education(ex. difficult disease, family crises, political disturbance, and so on.
- The applicants must meet all the criteria listed on the scholarship list.
- The scholarships will be requiring a letter from the applicants that outlines their financial needs and how they will use the scholarship funds. The letter must consist of 5500 words.
- The students who participate in the Optional Practical Training or Post-Completion Academic Training AT are not eligible.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA for the undergraduate degree and 3.0 GPA for the graduate degree students.
- Some scholarships will require students to have at least 24- 25 hours credit hours at the university.
- Must be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- There will be specific citizenship on each scholarship, the applicants must check the scholarship requirements before they proceed to their applications.
- International students must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
ISSO will be sending an email to the eligible students each semester at the point when they can apply for the ISSO scholarships. The application timeline will be at the following schedules:
- Fall: mid-September
- Spring: mid-February
During the submission of the application, the applicants may start to submit their scholarship application form at Iowa State Univesity OneApp.
Students finishing up the OneApp will initially apply to the overall application. In light of the student’s response, they will be matched to different grounds and local area scholarships for which they are qualified including the ISSO Scholarships. Once coordinated with ISSO Scholarships, they should then present the ISSO Scholarship application.
Iowa State University has a moving confirmations strategy, and that implies applications are assessed when gotten and not after the deadline. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will learn assuming that you are conceded.
The scholarship awards will vary depending on the scholarships eligible to the students. The awards will be placed on the successful students’ U-bill during the semesters. The award will reflect on the student’s U-bill within two weeks and the scholars will be notified through their email.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until February 28, 2023.