The University of Geneva offers scholarships for international students who are currently looking for an opportunity to further their master’s degree in Switzerland for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Excellence Master Fellowship Program aims to help international students in assisting their financial burdens.
Annually, the College of Geneva offers a few fellowship and scholarship programs to profoundly motivated international students who need to seek a Masters’s degree. Upheld by outer accomplices and with support from the Faculty of Science, the Fellowship program is solely custom-made for the students who wish to embrace an Expert of Science certification in one of the disciplines covered by their faculty. Being enhanced with potential opportunities, this program can give you monetary help fundamental as well as admittance to incredibly famous specialists and an opportunity to open new ways for your future.
The Excellence Master Fellowship Program
The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is a globally perceived driving research institution. This state-of-the-art research covers a wide scope of scientific disciplines:
- Computer Science
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Earth sciences
The Faculty hosts three Public Centers of Ability in Research of the profoundly competitive Swiss Public Sciences Establishment as well as numerous European research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an optimal preparation base for education yet the additional professional developments, opening careers in industry, education, administration in sciences, correspondence, and media. The program’s Master’s degrees are either totally in English or can be both English and French.
Scholarship Provider: University of Geneva
About the Provider
Established in 1559, the University of Geneva enjoys overall acknowledgment and ranks among the main 100 best universities on the planet. A polyvalent institution, it fosters the development of between and multidisciplinary fields in both research and education. It constantly strengthens its links with worldwide Geneva, whilst adding to the social, cultural, and financial improvement of the district, eminently through the advancement of research and its expertise in a large number of fields.
The university offers about 500 programs intended for bachelor, master’s, and Ph.D. students. The UNIGE conducts excellent research in a wide assortment of disciplines and is one of the top generalist universities in the French-speaking world, as confirmed by its positioning in the various rankings. Their research covers a wide range of topics.
The University of Geneva is completely dedicated to its job of spurring the cultural, economic, and social improvement of the collectivity that finances it. Hence, UNIGE is strongly invested in exchange with its local area. UNIGE encourages strengthened ties with global organizations, making possible extraordinary synergies for instruction and research that are similarly gainful to the worldwide local area and the University. Numerous UNIGE researchers have participated in programs of activity under the auspices of the Unified Nations. The worldwide organizations invite dozens of students every year by means of internship placements.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field: Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Geology, Biology, Archeology, and Environmental Science, Neuroscience and Proteomics, Pharmacy, and Bioinformatics.
- Number of Awards: 7
- Duration: One year
- Scholarship Award: CHF 10,000 to CHF 15,000 for one year
- Scholarship Country: Switzerland
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- All international students who will be commencing their master’s degree in an eligible field offered for the scholarship are eligible to apply.
- The applicants must demonstrate their academic excellence and a strong background related to the eligible fields of study. This can be demonstrated through previous scholastic achievements and grades, as well as significant work or research insight.
- The international students must not be holding any Swiss nationality and have not resided in Switzerland for more than a year prior to the start date of the fellowship.
- International students must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- The applicants must have a strong determination to further their master’s degree at the University of Geneva and be willing to go home to their home country after their academics to contribute to their communities.
- The applicants must be able to meet the admission criteria of the university.
- Prior to applying, ensure you meet the qualification rules for the fellowship. This includes the base degree of education and applicable work insight, as well as language requirements and other specific rules.
- Prepare all the required materials to support the application.
- Completion of the application form, The application process will expect you to finish the online portal application structure, which will ask for your personal and professional data, as well as data about the program you wish to join.
- After completing the application form and required documents, you can directly submit it to the online portal application website provided by the university.
- Keep in mind that the selection for the fellowship is competitive and will be based on the student’s eligibility, qualifications, relevant experience, academic excellence, and field of study.
The University of Geneva will be providing financial assistance amounting to up to CHF 15,000 for one year. With the monetary support given by the fellowship, students can focus on their studies and research without the additional stress of monetary concerns.
The fellowship program provides students with the valuable chance to coordinate with professionals from various backgrounds and cultures, including the University of Geneva staff and other fellows from around the world.
The program will also provide students with the potential chance to find out about various cultures and ways of life, which can be important in shaping a more profound understanding of education and the world.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 15, 2023.