The debut Global Spartan Scholarship was made by ISSS in the fall of 2020 to perceive and offer financial help to new and proceeding, registered international students at both the undergrad and graduate levels. San Jose State University annually offered scholarships for students who can demonstrate their leadership skills, academic excellence, and commitment to the international or globalization of education and financial needs.
Global Spartan Scholarship encourages international students who want to further their higher education in the USA for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship aims to help students with their financial needs to continue their higher education and fulfill their personal and professional goals to be able to contribute towards the development of their home countries. The number of scholarship awards or amount will depend on the evaluation of the university and furthermore, will be dispensed on a semester premise, once in the fall semester and the spring semester.
Scholarship Provider: San Jose State University
About the Provider
As perhaps the most groundbreaking college in the country, San José State is prepared for enormous change. As a component of Change 2030, SJSU’s well-defined course of action, the grounds local area is devoted to understanding the college’s true capacity as a broadly noticeable metropolitan state-funded college. San José State gives a complete college degree, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral certificates in 250 areas of study. With roughly 36,000 students and almost 4,300 representatives, SJSU is a fundamental accomplice in the monetary, social, and cultural improvement of Silicon Valley and California.
As a team with neighboring industries and networks, SJSU personnel and staff are devoted to accomplishing the college’s main goal as a responsive organization of the state of California: To enhance the existence of its students, to send information to its students alongside the important abilities for applying it in the help of our general public, and to extend the foundation of information through research and scholarship.
Established in 1857, San José State’s set of experiences started before the Nationwide conflict, as the primary State Typical School, which prepared educators who taught individuals of a youthful California. Presently, SJSU is a unique extensive college that secures the tenth biggest city in the US, and Spartans are tracked down around the globe.
Faculty individuals consolidate research, scholarship, and inventive action with industry or reasonable experience — brooding a critical thinking and pioneering mentality. SJSU has a long history of student social equality activism, administration to original students, and racial and ethnic variety, all inside the dynamic social networks of Silicon Valley. Through the dynamic grounds local area and the international organization of in excess of 270,000 graduated classes, opportunities for sharing an expansive scope of perspective.
Students find what motivates them through a broadness of majors, special projects, and potential opportunities for research — as well as in excess of 450 student associations and Division Athletics.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Field: Any eligible fields
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Scholarship Awards: Financial Aid
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the criteria for the scholarship program.
- The applicants must be a fully matriculated students with an F-1 visa status
- Must maintain their F-1 Status
- Must be admitted full-time with 12 units as an undergraduate students or 9 units in the graduate degree.
- Must meet the minimum San Jose State University GPA of 3.4 for graduate students and 3.3 for the undergraduate students
- Must complete at least one full semester at the university at the time of the application.
- Must be an active students at San Jose State University for the following academic year
- Must be enrolled in at least 7 units, for the spring of 2023 it should be the final semester or concurrently enrolled in another university or institution.
The selection for the scholarship will be depending on the following:
- The application materials
- Written Essay
- GPA score
- An evidence for the academic abilities and achievements
Qualification for the scholarship will be given to the students who can demonstrate the following
- Leadership Impact- The applicants must be able to demonstrate their leadership skills, like involvement in the community and current campus.
- Scholarship Merit- GPA of 3.4 for graduate students and 3.3 for undergraduate students. New students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent.
- Global Impact- Candidates ought to show their obligation to globalization, diversity, and, eventually, international education. How has, or how might the candidate advance international education? How could the candidate exhibit their obligation to diversity?
- Financial Needs- The candidates should demonstrate how the scholarship will help them to continue their higher education and the impact on their ability to pay for the tuition fee at the university.
- The applicants must access the online portal application of the Global Spartan Scholarship.
- Must be able to complete the general application providing the information needed for the application form.
- Must be able to complete all the necessary documents needed for the scholarship application to be considered.
- A letter of recommendation is needed to apply for the scholarship, an essay that will tell you about yourself and how the scholarship can help you fulfill your personal and professional goals.
- keep in mind that late and incomplete application will not be consider for the evaluation
- All application after the deadline will be evaluated by the scholarship committee and successful students will be notified through their registered email.
San Jose State University will be providing a financial assistance to successful students to help them with their tuition fees and other related expenses.
Successful students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until April 24, 2023.