The Foundation for Education and Research in Anesthesia (FAER) is pleased to offer the FAER Summer Fellowship Program. This approach of The Anesthesia Fellowship Program is for Anesthesiologists in Medicine. It applies to US citizens who are medical students.
The purpose of the FAER Summer Fellowship Program is to develop scientific talent in university anesthesiology. Summer Fellows will receive a scholarship of $400 per week for eight consecutive weeks.
Below is a table of contents that allows you to take a quick flow to any topic of your choice, and make good use of it.
About the sponsor: The Anesthesia Education and Research Foundation
The Foundation for Education and Research in Anesthesia (FAER) I am A nonprofit organization of the American Society of Anesthesiologists. The Foundation’s mission is to advance medicine through anesthesia research and education.
The roots of The Anesthesia Education and Research Foundation. it began with the Research Committee of the American Society of Anesthesiologists in 1972. In those early years, the committee annually had a total of $10,000 to distribute.
The money was divided into grants to 1 to four or five worthy candidates. From 1972 to 2011, the Consumer Price Index increased by more than 500%, so a $2,000 grant in 1972 would be worth only about $10,000 today. Clearly, those grants didn’t go very far in supporting a research project.
What you need to know about the FAER Summer Scholarship Program 2022
Level/field of study
The summer scholarship program FAER covers the Anesthesia Program. The scholarship will be awarded to Anesthesiologists in Medicine.
The FAER Summer Fellowship Program is hosted by The Foundation for Education and Research in Anesthesia (FAER) and can be taken in the USA.
These FAER Summer Scholarship Programs are open to applicants who live in the United States. Also read if you want to study outside your home country, Simple and detailed answers on how to apply and win a scholarship.
Aside from the FAER Summer Scholarship Program, there are other scholarships available to international students to study abroad.
Anesthesia Courage Scholarship Program
International Medical Student Summer Research Programs will receive a scholarship of $400 per week for eight consecutive weeks.
- Medical Student Summer Scholars receive a scholarship of $400 per week for eight consecutive weeks. FAER finances the service to the guest, who in turn pays the student.
- MSARF Summer Fellows, who present their research projects at the FAER MSARF symposium at the ASA Annual Meeting, will receive up to US$1,000 to cover travel and other meetings.
- This travel grant is paid to the institution, which in turn reimburses the medical student.
- FAER also pays the ASA Medical Student Component Society membership dues for one year.
Anesthesia Fellowship Program Eligibility
Candidates must meet the following conditions at the time of application for the Anesthesiology Summer Program.
- Medical students enrolled full-time in a medical school based in the United States and accredited by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME). (For a list of approved medical education programs, click here.
An American-born American medical student was enrolled full-time at a Canadian medical school recognized by the Liaison Committee for Medical Education (LCME). To view a list of recognized medical education programs (for more information, visit the link provided.
A medical student enrolled full-time at a US College of Osteopathic Medicine accredited by the Osteopathic College Commission. Here you will find a list of accredited medical education programs.
- A medical student who is in the first, second, or third year of school at the application deadline and is enrolled in a medical or DO program throughout the summer fellowship.
How do I apply for the FAER Summer Fellowship Program 2022?
- Curriculum Vitae (Curriculum Vitae) Provide a curriculum vitae that describes the context of education and provides experience in research and other professional and educational activities.
- Writing Questions Prepare intelligent responses to each of the three questions. All responses must show an interest in research, with an emphasis on anesthesiology and perioperative medicine.
Question #1: Please list all of your experiences in anesthesiology or perioperative medicine.
Question #2 – Please list previous research experiences and/or peer-reviewed publications. Please enter the data and names of the project leaders if necessary.
Question #3: Describe to the best of your ability your professional life goals in words 250 or fewer 10 years after the end of your medical studies and describe the role of anesthesiology in your career.
- Letters of Recommendation Please provide two letters of recommendation that assess the candidate’s quality, academic performance, and interest in a research career. A PDF document of each letter of recommendation must be sent to the applicant to be uploaded with the application. At least one of these letters must come from the student’s university,
- Attestation letter. The candidate should receive a PDF document with the application letter. The confirmation letter from the Dean’s office must confirm the candidate’s record and reputation for the duration of the fellowship.
FAER Summer Fellowship Program 2022 Application Deadline
The Anesthesia Scholarship Program application deadline is February 15th, 2023 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Link for more information: